Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Modifications and Updates
Click Here to Login

Old 01-28-2018, 03:44 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: West Virginia
THOR #10582
Gemini table

The removable table has a metal connector with several screws but it’s screws are attached to the underside of the table top which is really soft compressed board. The top when you remove it pulls the screws out easily! I fixed mine and it’s easy I hope this will help someone! I turned it over and of course took the screws out and released the metal pieces probably it’s already came off. I took a wide piece of paper and made a template of the underside. I went to Lowe’s and purchased a thin piece of finished plywood. Used the template and marked it then cut it out. I glued the plywood to the underside of the top then put the metal connector and screwed it into the plywood with the same screws. Wouldn’t have that problem again. I don’t know how Thor thought that was going to hold up? They need to fix that design just like I did

Old 01-28-2018, 08:08 PM   #2

Model: Gemini 24TX (Formerly)
State: California
THOR #5821
Had to do the same to ours, as it too pulled the screws out, probably the second time we used it. I also have a stand alone table that is on its own stand, which we really fine more useful then the original. We can always set the original table up in back, and still have the stand alone for the front, or outside if we want.
Old 01-28-2018, 09:52 PM   #3

State: West Virginia
THOR #10582
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laco View Post
Had to do the same to ours, as it too pulled the screws out, probably the second time we used it. I also have a stand alone table that is on its own stand, which we really fine more useful then the original. We can always set the original table up in back, and still have the stand alone for the front, or outside if we want.
Thanks for your reply. Interesting useing another table. I don’t know if you have had this problem. But the face plate on the frig was lose when I bought the unit. It was really cut wrong. So Thor send a new one too the dealer well really not the dealer I purchased it because camp world bought them. It took awhile but it finally came in the put it on that was in Oct. we’re in Florida now and it came out and off. The bottom plastic piece is busted also. I got it back on but the glue behind it isn’t sticky anymore I don’t think they put anymore glue on it. So it looks like I’m going to have to glue it probably put some 3M spray glue on it and put it back on not sure how I’ll fix the plastics bottom piece. But it’s obvious Camp World doesn’t know how to keep it on. I’ve had the unit over a year there fix was just a few months ago I guess they will try it again underwatrenty although it’s out and there two hours drive from my house. Will probably try to fix it myself. I understand this is a problem also. Thanks for reading
Old 01-28-2018, 10:44 PM   #4

Model: Gemini 24TX (Formerly)
State: California
THOR #5821
Haven't had the frig problem, but have had the myriad of small frustrating issues (screws pulling out of cabinets etc.) most of us have had. The second table we bought it really for a Pleasure way, but works well in the Gemini.