Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Modifications and Updates
Click Here to Login

Old 08-16-2018, 07:13 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Utah
THOR #12702
Thor 29 Freedom Elite Holding Tank Mods

When we picked up our new 2017 29fe, one of the things I noticed was that the bath dump line (shower, sink and toilet) (passenger side) was running underneath the vehicle driveline and merged with the kitchen dump line (driver side) resulting in a single outlet typical of most motor homes etc. Because the black water pipe was less than 10 inches above level ground I felt that it could result in a crappy situation for anyone involved if the pipe was hit in a driveway, going down the road or in an un-level camp spot. I had the dealer remove the pipe in question and put a regular dump or clean out resulting in a dump on both sides. I run two sewer hoses (one from each side) to a " Y " fitting and then a third hose to the dump inlet. After a few time using the above and getting use to the task at hand it only takes about 10 min or so to do the hook up and the first worry factor about being a crappy situation has not surfaced since first picking up the motor home. Sorry about the length but hope this may help others that have the same type setup.

Old 08-16-2018, 03:36 PM   #2

Model: 2017 Axis 25.4
State: Arkansas
THOR #12231
Good info. Im sure that will help some other with the same model as your.

Im always thinking of ways of improving my rig as well.
2017 Axis / 25.4: Big Foot Levelers, Aims 1200 Watt inverter, Ceramic Window Tint, Full River AGM 6V batteries, Front Hellwig Sway bar / Rear Track Arm, Safe T Plus Steering Stabilizer, PD 4655 converter, Hard Wired Surge Guard, WEboost + WiFi Ranger, LED Headlights/Driving lights, TPMS, Surge tank, Tornado flush, Viair Compressor
Long & Winding road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 06:10 PM   #3

Model: 22FE
State: New York
THOR #5330
So what do you do if you're at a dump station and there are two or three RV's behind you waiting, if it takes you ten minutes to get everything out and hook and then you dump, how long does it take to rinse everything out and then put it all away. Are the other RV just sitting there for 20 to 30 minutes just waiting for you to finish up?
Old 08-16-2018, 10:56 PM   #4

State: Utah
THOR #12702
Generally, I have never been to a dump station that has had waiting lines behind me and so it has not been a problem. On those few times that someone has pulled in behind me I have found that most people are happy to wait, just as I have waited my turn in lines and use the time to get their vehicle ready or sit back and relax. I have never in my time of RV ing (about 30 years ) ran into or talked to people that were in such a hurry that they could not wait. As I said before most campers are good people that understand and probably have had their time having people wait for them. All part of the camping experience, ready or not.