Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Modifications and Updates
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-22-2016, 02:24 AM   #1

Brand: Still Looking
State: Alabama
THOR #3789
Camping world?

Hmmm.... any one have problems with camping world? Last night I ordered online the bathroom sink facet. Today I check my bank, money has been taken out and the tonight I get this Email from them.

"Thank you for your order! We wanted to let you know that the item(s) listed below that you ordered from us have been delayed. We regret any inconvenience this delay may cause you, and we're working to get your item(s) to you as soon as possible."

No word as to when I should get it. I cancelled my order and reordered thru amazon. I wonder how long it will take me to get my money back?

Old 03-22-2016, 01:52 PM   #2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.1
State: California
THOR #3552
Quote:
any one have problems with camping world?
Here's my camping world story: my wife and I were shopping for an Axis 24.1. I wanted a 2016 with the 6 speed transmission. My wife finds an Axis in stock at Camping World up in Oregon. The salesman assures my wife that it has the 6-speed (she asked multiple times because I was skeptical). So we buy cheap plane tickets to go up there and drive it down. Luckily, I looked up the VIN number and its the 5 speed. They lied to us repeatedly and we are out the $110 for the tickets. Bought from Total Value instead (great). I just spent a grand on RV supplies/upgrades and not a nickel went to Camping World.
Old 03-22-2016, 02:02 PM   #3

Model: Nexus Viper 27V
State: Georgia
THOR #2142
Mustang,

Apparently I have been lucky as all my dealings with CW of Statesville NC - from sale, to financing to maintenance work and warranty work even the couch to recliners "Modification" - have been without a hitch.

Doc

DocMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 02:49 PM   #4

Model: Hurricane 27K
THOR #2544
All my orders with CW have been great. I even had to return a GPS and got a prompt refund. Perhaps they made an error? Have you called them to question the charge?
brucev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 03:17 PM   #5
vkb

Model: Axis 24.1 KC's Big Box
State: Kansas
THOR #3510
regarding that faucet...when someone, initially, posted the faucet replacement..I went to CW website to check it out...and noticed that they were out of stock ... I did not order ... and have since, found them on, yes, Amazon, Menards and Lowes. All about the same price !

TODAY..I spoke with CW Service Manager, regarding our electrical issue...and the missing Battery Disconnect (House Batteries and Store/Use Switch) ... some of you know the story ...
We bought our 2016 Axis 24.1 from CW, Kansas City (Grain Valley, suburb)
They have always taken good care of us, before and after they became a CW ..
but, we have never had issues. History...our unit was brought up to KC from Strafford, MO (Springfield suburb) ... READ THE REVIEWS ON THAT CW if you live near or are thinking of doing business with them ...
It appears they 'robbed' the disconnect from our coach and sent it on down the road to KC with replacing it, resulting in exposed hot wires and a Use/Store Switch not wired to anything !!!

We have an appt. Thursday am, to have the problem corrected..they made room for us !

A business in only as good as the people who run it..from the top down...
and Bess, who answers the phones is awesome !!
Jeep Wrangler TJ
vkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 10:51 PM   #6

THOR #3789
Well they did get me email and apologized. Looks like they found one is now in the mail... Not to bad I guess but lets see how long it takes to get it...
Old 03-22-2016, 11:48 PM   #7

State: Illinois
THOR #3306
Hud

Here's another little mod - Heads up display - not the greatest, and still need to do some configurations to enable all the features, but not bad either!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5268.jpg
Views:	219
Size:	101.6 KB
ID:	1611  
Old 03-22-2016, 11:59 PM   #8

THOR #2142
Jolly,

I got to know, where did you get that?

Doc

Old 03-23-2016, 12:12 AM   #9

State: Illinois
THOR #3306
Doc, we got ours on Woot.com - it's still an option through tomorrow but I'm sure you can find it on other sites - it's a Bylt BYLT-HUDX5-BK Vehicle Heads Up Display w/ OBD II Port

Heads Up Display - Electronics.Woot
Old 03-23-2016, 01:03 AM   #10

Model: Travato
State: Florida
THOR #1765
That is really cool! If I didn't already have a scan guage attached to the OBD port, I would buy one in a second. But I don't see how I could hook up both at the same time.
Old 03-23-2016, 01:34 AM   #11

THOR #2142
Can an OBD port be split much like an HDMI splitter does and HDMI source allowing two different monitors to utilize the available data output? Even better, if you could run a 5Star tuneup video or some other OBD based unit thru a heads up display?

Doc

Old 03-23-2016, 01:51 AM   #12
vkb

THOR #3510
Go to Amazon...appears there are a number of these coming directly from China...DocMike...
do you think this item would be a good option for the OBD readout?

Mastertool 5.5" Large Screen Car HUD Head up Display with Obd2 Interface Plug & Play A8
(this is the Amazon listing of one of many items)

Is the same item..different name ?

Kay
Jeep Wrangler TJ
Old 03-23-2016, 02:06 AM   #13

THOR #3552
Had to buy one of those heads up units - could not easily see my speed with the way I had the steering wheel tilted.
Will get OBD splitter for the Ultra Gauge.
Old 03-23-2016, 02:13 AM   #14

THOR #2142
I checked earlier and there are several types of headsup displays available. So I need to check with a good friend who is a Ford Master Mechanic regarding the OBD port.

Too late to do tonight.

Jolly, in the picture what is the gray shield/cover you have over top of your dash

Doc

Old 03-23-2016, 02:18 AM   #15

Model: Travato
State: Florida
THOR #1765
Quote:
Originally Posted by JollyRodgers View Post
Doc, we got ours on Woot.com - it's still an option through tomorrow but I'm sure you can find it on other sites - it's a Bylt BYLT-HUDX5-BK Vehicle Heads Up Display w/ OBD II Port

Heads Up Display - Electronics.Woot
Thanks for the "heads up" I bought one and an OBD II port splitter. New toy to play with this summer.
Old 03-23-2016, 02:23 AM   #16

THOR #2142
Oh Boy. They make a splitter for the OBD II port. Looks like I have to get a new toy also.

What is the screen size on the Bylt model?
How large will it project?

I will have to shop around on Amazon next weekend.

Doc

Old 03-23-2016, 02:37 AM   #17
vkb

THOR #3510
ONeil/DocMike...please post what you decide upon or have...
I want to get one for Ron. thankyou !
Jeep Wrangler TJ
Old 03-23-2016, 02:44 AM   #18

THOR #3789
hmmm..... would like to no my actual fuel consumption...
Old 03-23-2016, 10:13 AM   #19

THOR #2142
Oh yeah, got to get one!

Doc

Old 03-23-2016, 11:30 AM   #20
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Technically you should be able to "split" the signals coming out of the OBD-II port. All modern cars use CAN (Control-Area-Network) which is an ethernet like network.

Putting two devices on the OBD-II port would be similar to getting a network hub and plugging two computers into a single network jack. Although I'm not sure if a scangauge and one of these would play well together. They would both be requesting the same info from the engine computer at the same time. I would think you could only use one at a time because the protocol over CAN really only allows for one diagnostic tool to request information. Thus one would win over the other (if they boot up at different rates I'd guess the last one to request engine parameters would win--used to work in Ford Parts & Service on the dealership diagnostic tool).

Those look really intriguing; I was considering a scan gauge but these look cooler! LOL

Looking through an Amazon search: Amazon HUD Search
It looks like most of the "A8" ones are the same thing; just branded differently (and varying prices).

Note: Went to woot this morning and they are sold out.

Another thought would be to use a cellphone OBD2 adapter with an app--just put your phone on the dash. I couldn't find any in the play store though (I do have the OBDLink MX thought I'd give that a try--Note that one is bluetooth which won't work with iPhones, if you want to get one to use with iPhones get the WiFi Version: OBD Link WiFi). I've used mine with FORScan and found that the Axis has only 3 modules on the network LOL (Engine, trans, and GEM) where my EV had over 20!.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote