Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Modifications and Updates
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-07-2018, 01:50 PM   #41

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2017 Axis 25.4
State: Arkansas
THOR #12231
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnach View Post
Have you had a chance to test your glare breaking ideas???
Yeah, it didnt work as well as I thought it would. It got rid of the shininess of the tint but still has the reflection (Perhaps not as bad -hard to say). So it helped some but not enough to justify it IMO. Might do some more testing then write up a review if I think it is worth it.

2017 Axis / 25.4: Big Foot Levelers, Aims 1200 Watt inverter, Ceramic Window Tint, Full River AGM 6V batteries, Front Hellwig Sway bar / Rear Track Arm, Safe T Plus Steering Stabilizer, PD 4655 converter, Hard Wired Surge Guard, WEboost + WiFi Ranger, LED Headlights/Driving lights, TPMS, Surge tank, Tornado flush, Viair Compressor
Long & Winding road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 01:55 PM   #42

THOR #12231
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieGeek View Post
To reduce reflections has anyone tried putting an anti-glare filter (Amazon) on the window?
I thought about it. I might try it this winter. I thought I would get use to the refection but I dont think I will.
2017 Axis / 25.4: Big Foot Levelers, Aims 1200 Watt inverter, Ceramic Window Tint, Full River AGM 6V batteries, Front Hellwig Sway bar / Rear Track Arm, Safe T Plus Steering Stabilizer, PD 4655 converter, Hard Wired Surge Guard, WEboost + WiFi Ranger, LED Headlights/Driving lights, TPMS, Surge tank, Tornado flush, Viair Compressor
Old 11-07-2018, 01:57 PM   #43

THOR #12231
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metalman View Post
I have owned three motor homes before this Windsport, two were class A's, and none had problems with reflections affecting the view of the mirrors at any time. What is it about these Thors that creates the problem? I get the problem both during the day in certain situations, and at night when the dash area is relatively dark.
Yeah, what the heck. The windows on my Axis are flat and straight up and down. If they had either a curve to them or where layed down a few degrees we would not be having this problem.
Old 11-07-2018, 02:15 PM   #44
Site Team

Model: Axis 24.1 Windjammer
State: Illinois
THOR #7074
Really a Safety Recall Issue. Putting old stock dining room windows on driver & passenger side cab. A change out should be Mandatory. This unattended experiment in saving $$$ is Very Dangerous.
Hellwig 7718 Front Sway Bar & 7180 Rear Sway Bar
Koni FSD Front Shocks 8805-1042 / Koni FSD Rear Shocks 8805-1043
revjeffrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 02:27 PM   #45

Model: Axis 25.4
State: California
THOR #6582
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieGeek View Post
To reduce reflections has anyone tried putting an anti-glare filter (Amazon) on the window?

(Would have to make sure it is not a privacy filter as you're looking through the glass at an angle and the privacy filter would block that angle view. You'd just want the anti-glare filter.)
The seller of Jamie's tint answered in the Q's that It's not privacy film but does darken slightly. I've not heard of it before. Off the top of my head , privacy filter seems like a "deep" polarizer restricting through transmission of off angle light rays. Whereas glare is from the surface, an angle of incidence thing. I'd be willing to try a square in line with my driver's mirror.

My sensitivity to glare has increased. Regular "Transitions" prescription photo-gray lenses do not darken behind the windshield with it's anti-UV and do nothing to cut glare. I was using clip-on polarizers to provide some relief. Last year I bought a new pair with the Transitions Driverwear lenses that are polarized and they made a huge difference but there are so many reflected angles in the Axis that they hardly help. I was backing up into a shadowed campsite and had 3 reflections going to look thru to see my mirror and not hit the pedestal. I may need to buy a pair of runway signal wands for my DW to guide me in. (should I reword that?) https://www.amazon.com/Safety-Wand-3.../dp/B0039XKKNC
Hellwig sway bars F&R, 235/85 Hankook ATM, alignment...HUGE!!!
Battery watering, 260watts Solar and BigFeets to make life easier.
gnach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 03:21 PM   #46

Model: Windsport 27K
State: Kentucky
THOR #2817
If I wasn't backing with a trailer most of the time, the reflection problem wouldn't be as bad as it is, because I could use the lower convex portion of the left side mirror. Also, depending on the lighting, using a turn signal gives a somewhat useable view through the side camera.