Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Modifications and Updates
Click Here to Login

Old 05-27-2018, 12:25 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Chateau 23U
State: Missouri
THOR #8692
Cheap Factory Stereo...No More!

I have always disliked the Pioneer stereo that came with our Thor 23U: The Bettye! I think this may have come from Thor, but it may have been installed by El Monte RV in California.
The Boy Racer light show along with difficult to access features are not good in a coach traveling at 60 mph on the highway. The sound quality was never great, but just OK. My biggest issue has been it's, Apple I-Pod only and no USB for Android access. No Blue Tooth either.
Yesterday, Scott from Total Eclipse in Belleville, IL did a wonderful install. Put in a Sony BTX9300 stereo. Good thing I didn't attempt this myself! Let professionals, do, what professionals do!
He removed most of the dash, had to lower the steering column to do this. He soldered all wire connections along with shrinkwrapping them too. A very clean and tidy install with a Blue Tooth mic for phone calls. New unit is Blue Tooth for 2 phones, hands free calling, USB access w/ charging, NFC transfer of data, and very positive detents for volume and feature changes.
Now, the sound! OMG what a difference. Even without a subwoofer, great bass, clear highs and impressive connectivity. Sony's proprietary Blue Tooth technology seamlessly connects as soon as I am in vicinity of the coach.
Scott did this install for the cost of the unit, $118.00 and $60.00 for install. He spent over 2 hours and really did a great job. And, I couldn't be happier with the results. If you're close to the St.Louis area, Total Eclipse is a great option for your audio / visual needs.

Old 05-29-2018, 04:36 PM   #2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Chatea 31E
State: Maryland
THOR #5837
Sounds like a good deal for both the stereo and the installation.