Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Modifications and Updates
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-27-2022, 12:43 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 25.6
State: New Mexico
THOR #20220
Clear2O CRV2006 RV vs. Campco blue water filter

Anyone try or use this?
Reason asking we use a berkie and hate how big and filter changes. Looking for something to fit on small refrigerator door to cool water.

We only carry a few bottles for emergency and to avoid bpa and plastic dumping?

Clear2O CRV2006 RV and Marine Inline Water Filter - Reduces Bad Taste, Odors, Chlorine and Sendiment in Drinking, Cleaning, and Showering Water (Green) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07VNTLKD9/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_i_D5M28M1H0RZ3NWZEM2BJ
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20220126-174014_Amazon Shopping.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	51.7 KB
ID:	35831  

Old 01-27-2022, 02:09 AM   #2

Model: Chateau 24F
State: Ohio
THOR #16721
We went through this... we're picky about our drinking water. We used to carry bottled water, but the two problems with that is storage, and all that wasted plastic is insane.

We use RO water at home for drinking, everything else is tap/municipal water. Likewise, we never drink the water from our RV freshwater tank... just showering, dishwashing (HOT water)... everything EXCEPT drinking.

For us it was 2 choices... install a membrane level purifying system or using a Berkey. The PIA factor of plumbing for a REAL membrane or UV filtering setup for just two people was a deciding factor. Although the Berkey requires storage while rolling, it's not a big deal... we use the cab-over bunk for storage. We always keep a gallon or so of cold Berkey filtered drinking water in the fridge. No big deal.

The bonus with the Berkey is you can put any crappy water in it and get TRULY filtered drinking water... very close to RO. AND I estimate the Berkey filters will likely last us at minimum 3 years... they can filter a LOT of water.

The "blue filters" and equivalent ARE NOT (IMO) drinking water capable filters. We would NEVER drink water filtered by those... I only use those for iron/sediment filtering when filling the freshwater tank from a campground or equivalent source. Those will not remove chemicals, bacteria etc. I usually buy a 2 pack... they're cheap because there's not much to them. One typically lasts a season unless I get some really nasty camp water. Then I swap in the second one.
Old 11-02-2022, 09:43 PM   #3

Model: Chateau 27R
State: New Mexico
THOR #23009
Clear2O good for one use!

I sent this message to the manufacturer of Clear2O RV water filters a couple of weeks ago:

"I bought one of your CRV2006 RV water filters earlier this year. We used it on one trip for 3 days. When I tried to hook it up yesterday it is completely clogged - no water comes through. I checked, and yes, it is connected in the correct direction."

In their reply they completely ignored what I wrote and instructed me on how dirty water with lots of sediment could have caused the problem or that maybe I installed it incorrectly. They asked for proof of purchase (reasonable) and a "video demonstrating the situation" (nonsense).

Don't buy this filter. I switched from using Camco water filters which have never had a problem and then this one failed after one use!
Old 11-02-2022, 11:05 PM   #4

Model: Fourwinds 24F
State: North Carolina
THOR #9511
I completely trust the Camco TastePure water filters. They are of the same quality as the system we use in our brewery. I did a side by side in-house water test and almost zero difference. I also use one at home to filter my brewing water. Replace them every 6 months once they get wet.