Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Modifications and Updates
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-29-2021, 07:32 PM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
Judge,
How large is the shower in your RV? Ours is just 24" x 32": so we've got some experience with learning how to keep our feet in one place...

Ours is 30" x 36".... bigger than the old Outlaw but I have bumped the handle on occassion and gone into the deep freeze!!!

Old 04-29-2021, 07:36 PM   #22

Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkoldman View Post
Wow this means a lot coming from you; so I have to respectfully proceed with caution

Here are my material facts.
1. We don't have tankless water heater (We have Suburban Gas only water heater)
2. Our OEM dual controls knobs were zapping us with cold water every time we tried to stop the water flow to conserve water
3. The new installed single lever does not zap with cold water and it has two ways to stop the water flow and resume at same temperature handheld sprayer & single lever.
4. The new unit controls temperature and water pressure with an easy-turn motion. So it is easy to see which position you like, and easy to set that way without trying to adjust two knobs
5. The single level extends out 2" further than our OEM dual knobs. Our shower is 24" x 36" x 75". We have plenty room in the shower before / after, I can't see this being a problem in our case at it is still underneath the shower head and we typically are at the back. If we were to bump it, it would most likely already be off and seems like you would know you hit it before turning it back on?
If I had a regular hot water tank, then the single handle control makes the most sense.

If you have the Tankless, then you don't mix cold with the hot. You simply set the temperature you want and the Tankless holds it there without any cold water mixing. In this case the dual control makes the most sense because you never have to turn on the cold water supply.

As I said in my case, if I hit the single handle with my elbow and cold water starts mixing, then it's the deep freeze!
Old 04-30-2021, 07:37 AM   #23

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by BTROCKY View Post
The links on Frankomd and ckoldman responses are the ones I am having trouble with.
Thanks for the response
I suspect you may have an issue on your PC, it may be security related; or perhaps blocked by your ISP? Cut and paste the link and send to yourself to view on another device.

Here is what I bought off Amazon...

RV Mobile Home Shower Faucet with Hand-Held Shower, Brushed Nickel
Brand: How Plumb
Price: $40.79
Get $10 bonus when you reload $100 or more to your gift card balance.
DESIGN: Sleek & stylish single handle lever shower valve is perfect for updating any RV or camper bathroom.
QUALITY: Features a single lever for accurate water temperature. Ceramic cartridge reduces friction and daily wear for long-lasting durability. Made of durable non-metallic plastic.
FEATURES: Bottom vacuum breaker prevents water backflow. Includes handheld shower with 60-in. synthetic hose with mounting bracket and guide ring.
FUNCTIONALITY: 2 hole 4-inch on center shower faucet fits all standard shower hoses. Inlet shanks are 1/2 inch male NPSM connection. Compact and lightweight design makes this shower faucet perfect for any camper or RV.
WARRANTY: Five-year warranty. Complies with NSF 61-9, ASME A112.18.1, CSA B125.1, and cUPC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge View Post
If I had a regular hot water tank, then the single handle control makes the most sense.

If you have the Tankless, then you don't mix cold with the hot. You simply set the temperature you want and the Tankless holds it there without any cold water mixing. In this case the dual control makes the most sense because you never have to turn on the cold water supply.

As I said in my case, if I hit the single handle with my elbow and cold water starts mixing, then it's the deep freeze!
How do you think I got the name D Kold Man

We were living with it until the cartridge started to leak, it was perfect opportunity to go to new design.
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2021, 01:58 PM   #24

Model: Four Winds 31L
State: Ontario
THOR #18007
Thank you dkoldman
I was finally able to open the link
Old 05-02-2021, 02:23 PM   #25

Model: Hurricane 32N
State: Tennessee
THOR #18316
Quote:
Originally Posted by BTROCKY View Post
Thank you dkoldman
I was finally able to open the link
You have to be logged on for links to work.
reminckv is offline   Reply With Quote