Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Modifications and Updates
Click Here to Login

Old 08-26-2014, 04:10 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Delaware
THOR #329
Thumbs down Rapid Camp System

Does anyone know if you can add the new Rapid Camp System to last years Hurricane ? Can not seem to find any information on this.

Thanks. Jim

Old 08-26-2014, 04:47 PM   #2

Model: Outlaw
State: Arizona
THOR #1023
I have the rapid camp system on my 2015 Outlaw. It doesn't look like it would be too hard to add. It appears to be a module with some extra fuses hidden away next to the converter and inverter on my unit. The module is pretty small - about 9 x 7, 2" tall.

It's not labeled, so I could be completely off base but I think this is it. The hardest part may be finding the unit (can you buy from LCI?) and getting it installed correctly.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20140818_151523 (Small).jpg
Views:	633
Size:	126.5 KB
ID:	118  
Old 10-03-2014, 02:12 AM   #3

Model: Hurricane 27K
State: Nevada
THOR #970
If this is the remote that does the jacks, slide, awning and something else... you don't need it. I have one and never use it. Think about it, in order to use your jacks you have to have the parking brake set and engine running, so you do that while sitting in the driver seat, the slide you look outside, then press the button inside, and it will not work while the engine is running so to use the rapid camp you would have to go inside anyway. The awning you don't always put out so open the door and press the button is not an inconvenience.. I forget the other things it does, but in the end mine sits where it was mounted by the factory,, cool gadget, useless in the real word.
Old 10-03-2014, 12:34 PM   #4

State: Delaware
THOR #329
Petef, you are right. Last week we had a Miramar park next to us at a campground in Virginia. He had the rapid camp system. Slide would not fully extend, and jacks would not level. Until he was finished correcting everything, I could have set up 10 times. It was a nice "gadget" idea. Guess I will pass for now. Thanks for the input.
Old 10-19-2014, 05:05 PM   #5

Model: Miramar 33.5
State: Washington
THOR #578
Quote:
Originally Posted by hrmmary View Post
Petef, you are right. Last week we had a Miramar park next to us at a campground in Virginia. He had the rapid camp system. Slide would not fully extend, and jacks would not level. Until he was finished correcting everything, I could have set up 10 times. It was a nice "gadget" idea. Guess I will pass for now. Thanks for the input.
Ahh,, looks like you experienced a little snipit of what a Miramar owner goes thru!!
Old 12-29-2014, 09:08 PM   #6

Model: Hurricane 34E
State: California
THOR #937
Quote:
Originally Posted by petef View Post
If this is the remote that does the jacks, slide, awning and something else... you don't need it. I have one and never use it. Think about it, in order to use your jacks you have to have the parking brake set and engine running, so you do that while sitting in the driver seat, the slide you look outside, then press the button inside, and it will not work while the engine is running so to use the rapid camp you would have to go inside anyway. The awning you don't always put out so open the door and press the button is not an inconvenience.. I forget the other things it does, but in the end mine sits where it was mounted by the factory,, cool gadget, useless in the real word.

Kinda funny!! Just as you explained! I asked to see a demonstration at the local RV show. The salesguy ran inside to start the engine, then ran out to demonstrate the levelers. Then, he ran inside again to turn off the engine, then ran outside to demonstrate the slides and awning. He was sweating and breathing so hard it was comical. Cool gadget, bad sales presentation!
Old 12-30-2014, 12:25 AM   #7

THOR #970
Thanks for the update! made me chuckle.. I have thought about this and in theory.. if you are parked on a very uneven spot and need to use jack pads then maybe this thing would be useful as you could observe the jacks coming down to see if they hit the pads. I have yet to use mine though.
Old 05-29-2015, 11:29 PM   #8

Model: Chateau 31L
State: Louisiana
THOR #2095
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeyclaw View Post
I have the rapid camp system on my 2015 Outlaw. It doesn't look like it would be too hard to add. It appears to be a module with some extra fuses hidden away next to the converter and inverter on my unit. The module is pretty small - about 9 x 7, 2" tall.

It's not labeled, so I could be completely off base but I think this is it. The hardest part may be finding the unit (can you buy from LCI?) and getting it installed correctly.
I have this on a new Thor Chateau but when I turn on the remote it asks for a PIN. I have no idea how to set or change it. There is nothing in the pitiful instructions. I'll be going back to the dealer in a couple of days so I'll find out then but if anyone knows what to do I would appreciate the info.
Old 05-29-2015, 11:44 PM   #9

Model: Outlaw
State: Arizona
THOR #1023
Try '0000'.
Old 05-30-2015, 12:28 AM   #10
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by joemusic321 View Post
I have this on a new Thor Chateau but when I turn on the remote it asks for a PIN. I have no idea how to set or change it. There is nothing in the pitiful instructions. I'll be going back to the dealer in a couple of days so I'll find out then but if anyone knows what to do I would appreciate the info.
The factory pin is 0000

The problem I have is trying to figure out which slide is slide 1, 2 or 3 (I have 3 slides). I have not figured out how to rename things in the system.

Personally I believe the system is high on Thor hype and personal inconvenience, while being low on performance.

The only value add I see is the ability to turn on the exterior light when I approach the coach at night. However, that would require that I remember to take the remote with me when I depart the coach in the morning.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2015, 01:02 AM   #11

THOR #970
I forgot it turn on the outside light, that would be the most useful thing. I have a couple solar spotlights I put out and shine at the rig so always have lights anyway. I have a piece of tape with the pin written on it taped to the back of the remote because I never use it and don't want to hunt for the pin again..

Quote:
Originally Posted by dstankov View Post
The factory pin is 0000

The problem I have is trying to figure out which slide is slide 1, 2 or 3 (I have 3 slides). I have not figured out how to rename things in the system.

Personally I believe the system is high on Thor hype and personal inconvenience, while being low on performance.

The only value add I see is the ability to turn on the exterior light when I approach the coach at night. However, that would require that I remember to take the remote with me when I depart the coach in the morning.
Old 05-30-2015, 02:15 AM   #12

THOR #2095
Smile

Thanks, MonkeyClaw and Dstankof. That was it. Now, like you have said, what to do with it :-)
Old 05-30-2015, 02:26 AM   #13

THOR #2095
Well, I guess I won't have to figure out what to do with it. No matter which button I push, nothing happens. Gen doesn't start, slide rooms don't move , awning doesn't open and the light doesn't come on. Does this have to be programmed to the coach or an I just missing something?
Old 05-30-2015, 02:52 AM   #14
Site Team

THOR #1469
Quote:
Well, I guess I won't have to figure out what to do with it. No matter which button I push, nothing happens. Gen doesn't start, slide rooms don't move , awning doesn't open and the light doesn't come on. Does this have to be programmed to the coach or an I just missing something?
Is your use/store switch by any chance in the store position where nothing is getting power?
FMCA - F432054
Old 05-30-2015, 02:59 AM   #15

THOR #2095
Not in the store position.
Old 05-30-2015, 03:10 AM   #16
Site Team

THOR #1469
Quote:
Sorry, had to ask. I just found out that Rapid Camp is based on LCI Linc Remote System Technology. Now I'm on to Lippert's site to see if I can find a users manual.
FMCA - F432054
Old 05-30-2015, 03:21 AM   #17
Site Team

THOR #1469
Quote:
Attached is the manual for the LCI Linc Remote System. This might help.

This now has me curious and I am going to research further.

Linc_Remote_Control_Programing_Instructions_LIP_0205_revB[1].pdf
FMCA - F432054
Old 05-30-2015, 03:43 AM   #18

THOR #2095
Thanks for replying. I will try again tomorrow. Right now it's getting past my bedtime.
Old 05-30-2015, 01:06 PM   #19

THOR #2095
That worked. Thanks. Next problem, I have no idea where the receiver is located. I guess I'll have to wait until I get back to the dealer.
Old 05-30-2015, 01:34 PM   #20
Site Team

THOR #1469
Quote:
That worked. Thanks. Next problem, I have no idea where the receiver is located. I guess I'll have to wait until I get back to the dealer.
I would start by looking in the storage compartments mounted to the ceiling or wall. I would also begin around the location of the converter/charger (where the shore power comes in) and then move forward.
FMCA - F432054