Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Modifications and Updates
Click Here to Login

Old 07-07-2017, 04:09 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: North Carolina
THOR #3952
Sofa Bed Recliner

I saw this online in an FR3 and was wondering if anyone knew what brand it was or someone knew of something like it?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	173
Size:	87.8 KB
ID:	5661  

Old 07-09-2017, 11:39 PM   #2

Model: ACE EVO 30.3
State: Florida
THOR #6059
Recliner sofa

I installed this recliner sofa in my 2017 ACE 30.3
I ordered it from RV seating.com, total cost including shipping was about 1500.00. You can choose from many different colors and they are super good quality! Mine was 68" wide and fit the spot where my jackknife sofa was perfect!
I had to remove the small shelf that was behind the sofa. I sold the original sofa online for 400.00, so I have 1100.00 into the project.
I must add a that the quality and comfort of the new dual recliner is far superior to the original sofa that Thor had installed!
Steven B
S/W Florida
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_1015.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	87.2 KB
ID:	5714   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1013.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	90.4 KB
ID:	5715  

Old 07-09-2017, 11:44 PM   #3

THOR #6059
Recliner sofa

Here is how I repurposed the shelf that was behind the original sofa. My wife now has a nice arm rest/ drink holder on her side of the MH I am going to use the rest of the shelf in the bathroom. I'll post picks of this when it's done.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_1004.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	85.5 KB
ID:	5716   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1007.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	85.1 KB
ID:	5717  

Old 07-09-2017, 11:57 PM   #4

Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
THOR #5196
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevenb2560 View Post
Here is how I repurposed the shelf that was behind the original sofa. My wife now has a nice arm rest/ drink holder on her side of the MH I am going to use the rest of the shelf in the bathroom. I'll post picks of this when it's done.
Great idea and great job! Looks factory installed!
Old 07-10-2017, 12:27 AM   #5

Model: ACE 30.1
State: Colorado
THOR #5190
Quote:
I ordered it from RV seating.com, total cost including shipping was about 1500.00. You can choose from many different colors and they are super good quality! Mine was 68" wide and fit the spot where my jackknife sofa was perfect!
I had to remove the small shelf that was behind the sofa. I sold the original sofa online for 400.00, so I have 1100.00 into the project.
I must add a that the quality and comfort of the new dual recliner is far superior to the original sofa that Thor had installed!
Steven B
S/W Florida
Looks good. RVseating.com goes to a parking site. Do you have a more specific reference? My wife has been resisting changing out the sofa, but she is interested in this one.
Old 07-10-2017, 12:27 AM   #6
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Stevenb2560: That looks great. Can you get seatbelts through it? Will seatbelts for 3 people fit?
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 12:33 AM   #7

THOR #6059
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperD View Post
Great idea and great job! Looks factory installed!
Thanks SuperD!
I was quite happy with how well it turns out
Old 07-10-2017, 12:35 AM   #8

THOR #6059
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverTransplant View Post
Looks good. RVseating.com goes to a parking site. Do you have a more specific reference? My wife has been resisting changing out the sofa, but she is interested in this one.
I'm sorry, wrong URL
Try shop4seats.com

Steven B.
Old 07-10-2017, 12:41 AM   #9

THOR #6059
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieGeek View Post
Stevenb2560: That looks great. Can you get seatbelts through it? Will seatbelts for 3 people fit?
Thanks!
Yes, the recliner comes in three base sections and the two seat backs attach after the bases are installed. After the base was positioned I bolted them to the floor with lag bolts. I then fed the original seat belts that are already bolted to the floor up through the seat base and recliner backs. So now the recliner is secured to the floor and the seat belts are ready to use while under way.
There were only two seat belts for the original installation, so that's all that I used. Three people could sit on the sofa with the armrest in the up position, but you would have to add another seat belt.

Steven B.
Old 07-10-2017, 01:30 PM   #10

Model: ACE 29.4
THOR #5046
Quote:
Steven B
S/W Florida

Steven B, Great job. We have 2017 ACE 29.4-were thinking this would be great idea for us in future! Husband asked how long to install the new dual recliner? I love the repurpose shelf idea for passenger!!!
Old 07-10-2017, 02:00 PM   #11

THOR #6059
Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaVWH View Post
Steven B, Great job. We have 2017 ACE 29.4-were thinking this would be great idea for us in future! Husband asked how long to install the new dual recliner? I love the repurpose shelf idea for passenger!!!

Thanks!

The removal of the old sofa and installation of the new dual recliner is pretty easy. It took approximately 3 hours for the entire job. The hardest part was drilling and installing the new lag bolts for the new recliner. I called Thor and got the drawings for the slide so I knew the locations of the moving parts, framing etc below the floor deck beforehand.

Steven B.
S/W Florida
Old 03-07-2019, 03:52 AM   #12

Model: vegas 24.2
State: Arizona
THOR #3699
I'm not looking for a recliner,it's the only bed I have it s located in he side out
Old 03-08-2019, 12:05 AM   #13

State: Nevada
THOR #12329
Quote:
Steven B
S/W Florida
do you have the link to the web site, couldn't find RV seating .com
Old 03-09-2019, 09:22 PM   #14

State: Alaska
THOR #13206
Does it pull out into a bed as well? Do you remember the model name?
Old 03-13-2019, 02:15 AM   #15

THOR #12329
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hittntherooad View Post
I saw this online in an FR3 and was wondering if anyone knew what brand it was or someone knew of something like it?
just so you know.... I had that same rv with that same sofa,.. the foot rests where the only good thing about it... it was so un comfortable to sit in I took it out ...

but, you can get the same sofa from the people who sell it to forest river... but you have to go to a dealer and get the VIN of the coach that has the sofa and color you like...both of the fr3's I bought didn't last long....
Old 03-13-2019, 02:21 AM   #16

THOR #12329
Quote:
I'm sorry, wrong URL
Try shop4seats.com

Steven B.
that's what I thought....I've bought quite a few seats from them, cool thing is they make the right seat height for slide outs...I usually buy the whole set up from them so every thing matches...they also will make custom size dinettes,.. of everything I've ordered from them.... never a problem..