Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Modifications and Updates
Click Here to Login

Old 10-17-2019, 03:24 AM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: California
THOR #16919
If you’re interested in doing the well liners then what I did was use some of that white corrugated plastic sheeting that you can buy at Home Depot. I measured the wheel well and constructed a model of what I wanted using the sheeting and duct tape. Once it was how I thought it should be I put the model in the wheel well to check for fit. I then took the measurements and the model to a sheet metal fabricator who built them for me. LineX or Rhino Lining and your done.

Old 10-17-2019, 03:43 AM   #22

Model: 2018 24.1 AXISSIXxSIX
State: Arizona
THOR #13932
http://www.thorforums.com/forums/f28...tml#post207184

Post 86 has part numbers for a pre-made wheelwell.
Old 10-17-2019, 05:17 PM   #23

Model: 2017 Axis 25.4
State: Arkansas
THOR #12231
Thanks for the info Dilley x 2. Looks great. I hope to work more on mine this fall.

I have seen your thread as well Duckface. Might go this route as well

Duckface - did you notice a difference with your new fender liners installed? Was it like night a day or just slighty quieter?
2017 Axis / 25.4: Big Foot Levelers, Aims 1200 Watt inverter, Ceramic Window Tint, Full River AGM 6V batteries, Front Hellwig Sway bar / Rear Track Arm, Safe T Plus Steering Stabilizer, PD 4655 converter, Hard Wired Surge Guard, WEboost + WiFi Ranger, LED Headlights/Driving lights, TPMS, Surge tank, Tornado flush, Viair Compressor
Long & Winding road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 05:57 PM   #24

THOR #13932
The wheel wells aren't permanently installed yet. If all you're doing is the fenderwell and nothing else, they are literally some self tappers and 20 minutes of work. You don't even have to take the tires off. Insulation adds time, but not much. The wells even come with capture nuts along the outer edge.

Someone on the forum mentioned air conditioner access needing to be made through the fender well so I'm redesigning the insulation plan.
Then someone said something about the chassis battery that leads me to believe I can lay a dry cell on its end just behind the right headlight and probably access the terminals from under the hood. So that's a redesign.
That factory battery being moved will allow me the room to put a floor safe under the fold down desk, taking up the space above the factory battery placement.
Now since the factory battery is gone I can foam fill between the engine and the dash above where the factory battery was...except for the ac repair access,that needs determined.

Damnable forum folk
Old 10-17-2019, 07:16 PM   #25
Mag

Brand: Still Looking
Model: 5
State: Ontario
THOR #16132
Wheel wells

I've been searching the forum for info on fender liners for an axis but haven't had much luck nailing it down. Any assistance would be appreciated. Thanks
Old 10-17-2019, 07:18 PM   #26

THOR #13932
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mag View Post
I've been searching the forum for info on fender liners for an axis but haven't had much luck nailing it down. Any assistance would be appreciated. Thanks

There are three sources, two with pictures, of that info right in this 23 post thread!
There are 500 or so words directly above your post.
The entire second page you have posted on is solely about fenderwell modifications.
Old 10-19-2019, 02:18 PM   #27

Model: 2017 Axis 25.4
State: Arkansas
THOR #12231
Thanks for the info DF, Please post pictures and your sound test results when done. Im very interested in this mod.

I would think it would help some with road noise. Once I insulated the dog house and under the dash/entire fire wall on my RV I notice the wind noise (Im thinking from the mirrors) and road noise more. I know there is only so much we can do but I dont mind going the extra mile to make driving my RV that much nicer for me and my wife.
2017 Axis / 25.4: Big Foot Levelers, Aims 1200 Watt inverter, Ceramic Window Tint, Full River AGM 6V batteries, Front Hellwig Sway bar / Rear Track Arm, Safe T Plus Steering Stabilizer, PD 4655 converter, Hard Wired Surge Guard, WEboost + WiFi Ranger, LED Headlights/Driving lights, TPMS, Surge tank, Tornado flush, Viair Compressor
Long & Winding road is offline   Reply With Quote