Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Modifications and Updates
Click Here to Login

Old 01-20-2017, 04:34 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: A.C.E. 30.1
State: California
THOR #3016
Replacing Couch

We have a 2015 ACE 30.1 and are considering replacing the couch with 2 recliners. How hard is it to do? Is the couch bolted to the floor? We're handy, but don't want to run into any surprises.

Thanks.

Old 01-22-2017, 02:48 AM   #2

THOR #3016
No opinions on my post?
Old 01-22-2017, 03:02 AM   #3

Brand: Still Looking
State: Nevada
THOR #3090
Replacing couch

Not sure what type of couch you have but we replaced ours in our 2013 Tuscany. The couch was one that when rooms were extended it had a slide out that made it into an L shape. Likewise it was bolted to the floor. That just required us to un bolt it. The couch its self came apart into 3 pieces for removal. Pretty simple but it did take two of us to get the pieces out since they were pretty heavy. We replaced ours with a Lazyboy love seat recliner.
Old 01-22-2017, 03:04 AM   #4

Model: Vegas 27.7
State: Kentucky
THOR #6005
There are several threads on the Forum where people have replaced couches and dinettes with recliners, but I am not sure if any were specific to your particular coach. Try searching the Forum for "recliner" and see what pops up. if no help, then maybe someone that is familiar with it might post here. Good luck!!
Old 01-22-2017, 04:36 AM   #5
vkb

Model: Axis 24.1 KC's Big Box
State: Kansas
THOR #3510
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedsmom View Post
We have a 2015 ACE 30.1 and are considering replacing the couch with 2 recliners. How hard is it to do? Is the couch bolted to the floor? We're handy, but don't want to run into any surprises.

Thanks.
go to Axis 24.1 mods ... Doc replaced his couch with recliners .. looks great !
Jeep Wrangler TJ
vkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 04:52 AM   #6

THOR #3016
Ahhh ... thanks!

We were at the big RV show in Quartzsite this weekend and didn't see much out there furniture-wise. But in looking around on this forum we might go look at some non-RV specific furniture.

If & when we do something I'll post some pictures.
Old 01-22-2017, 11:32 PM   #7
vkb

Model: Axis 24.1 KC's Big Box
State: Kansas
THOR #3510
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedsmom View Post
Ahhh ... thanks!

We were at the big RV show in Quartzsite this weekend and didn't see much out there furniture-wise. But in looking around on this forum we might go look at some non-RV specific furniture.

If & when we do something I'll post some pictures.
I think DocMike got their reclilners through CampingWorld
Jeep Wrangler TJ
vkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 12:42 AM   #8

Model: Tuscany XTE 36MQ
State: Colorado
THOR #1497
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martini Chuck View Post
Not sure what type of couch you have but we replaced ours in our 2013 Tuscany. The couch was one that when rooms were extended it had a slide out that made it into an L shape. Likewise it was bolted to the floor. That just required us to un bolt it. The couch its self came apart into 3 pieces for removal. Pretty simple but it did take two of us to get the pieces out since they were pretty heavy. We replaced ours with a Lazyboy love seat recliner.
Not to hijack the thread....but could you post a picture?

Thanks,
Old 01-23-2017, 09:59 PM   #9

Model: Tuscany XTE 36MQ
State: Florida
THOR #3594
[QUOTE=Martini Chuck;55974]Not sure what type of couch you have but we replaced ours in our 2013 Tuscany. The couch was one that when rooms were extended it had a slide out that made it into an L shape. Likewise it was bolted to the floor. That just required us to un bolt it. The couch its self came apart into 3 pieces for removal. Pretty simple but it did take two of us to get the pieces out since they were pretty heavy. We replaced ours with a Lazyboy love seat recliner.[/QUOTE

I would like the Lazyboy love seat, but my door is only 24 inches widen the 36MQ. What model do you have?
Old 01-24-2017, 12:51 AM   #10

THOR #3090
Replacing couch

The Lazy boy love seat completely disassembles into several pieces for easy entrance through the door. The backs lift off. Seats unbolt from 2 rails on the bottom and the center storage/armrest un bolts also. I think in total it breaks down into 7 pieces. Very easy and much lighter than the original l shape couch.
Old 01-24-2017, 05:31 AM   #11

Model: Hurricane 31K
THOR #3520
Please be sure to bolt everything down securely. In case of an accident you don't want a large heavy object coming to visit up front.
Chuck Peck in CasaLoca
Old 03-04-2017, 02:08 AM   #12

THOR #5392
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martini Chuck View Post
The Lazy boy love seat completely disassembles into several pieces for easy entrance through the door. The backs lift off. Seats unbolt from 2 rails on the bottom and the center storage/armrest un bolts also. I think in total it breaks down into 7 pieces. Very easy and much lighter than the original l shape couch.
I have 2014 vegas...you're saying the lazyboy will fit through the door in pieces?...I was thinking I would have to remove the slide out.
Old 03-04-2017, 03:07 AM   #13

THOR #3090
It did for us. I don't have a Vegas we have a Tuscany. The pieces fit through our door with plenty of room. The bottom is held together by 2 rails. The seats and the backs separate by pulling up on the backs. The center arm rest/storage bolts to the rails. When all taken apart it is in 7 pieces. There may be other manufactures out there that also do the same we just felt we liked the Lazyboy better. The one we got is a wall hugger/power recliner model. It is slightly smaller in width with about 6" on one side. No big deal for us since it allows for storage for 2 TV trays.