Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Modifications and Updates
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-24-2021, 06:18 PM   #81

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 25.6
State: New Mexico
THOR #20220
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6inthefamily View Post
Good Stuff!!! And that's why I started this thread.
Amen I do not care either ..WIFE is thrilled!
And after my multi state 4 month test
I may dump verizon!

Lora & George. Golden Retriever & Multi-Gen Australian labradoodle & new ALD in March. Happy Campers!! E Biking, Hiking, Tennis, Scuba,Fishing,Cross Country Skiing, Snowshoeing. Retired H.S. Principal, Sr. IT Engineer, Life & Health Insurance Agent
"Today is a Gift and Why it is called the Present"
Scubawise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2021, 06:30 PM   #82

THOR #20220
Quote:
Originally Posted by RodIndy View Post
Right! I had been on a waiting list for Verizon’s or AT&Ts 5g home wifi service but it never came to my neighborhood in Indianapolis. One of them was going to give away free Apple TV streaming boxes and 90 days of free YouTube TV.. Never happened. No 5G antennas in sight. Then out of the blue comes T-Mobile advertising their version of 5g. Even when I asked the tech how they are doing this, I got some mumbo jumbo beyond my understanding. Again, dont care. I dont need fast, just cheap..but it is blazing fast.
On the road I’ve used my phone as a hotspot for weeks on end with no throttling and no thrashing. I have a FireTV and an Echo dot hooked to the T-Mobile hotspot with no issues.. same performance as if I were home..
So, for exactly $150 month, I have home internet and 2 phones with unlimited data..not bad
Verizon! We may do the same and cut our total bill in half
Lora & George. Golden Retriever & Multi-Gen Australian labradoodle & new ALD in March. Happy Campers!! E Biking, Hiking, Tennis, Scuba,Fishing,Cross Country Skiing, Snowshoeing. Retired H.S. Principal, Sr. IT Engineer, Life & Health Insurance Agent
Old 12-24-2021, 11:04 PM   #83

THOR #20220
Very Interesting..Verizon & T-Mobile information..

Enjoy & comment

https://www.cnet.com/home/internet/v...ternet-review/
Old 12-24-2021, 11:07 PM   #84

THOR #20220
Extra information

https://www.cnet.com/home/internet/t...ternet-review/
Old 01-02-2022, 09:36 PM   #85

Brand: Still Looking
State: Illinois
THOR #22705
My Brother in Law lives in an area that T-Mobile says their home internet is not available.

He went into the store, showed his ID with the address that's not available, and told them he was moving...using his inlaws address where it's available. He signed up for autopay and took the T-Mobile home internet with him.

He went from 5 MBPS with his previous provider to between 175-225 MBPS at home where T-Mobile says their home internet is not available. And the best part
my parents get his T-Mobile junk mail. LOL
Old 01-02-2022, 11:36 PM   #86

THOR #20220
Same here shipped to Tennessee on the road..still watching football no buffering clear screen
Old 01-03-2022, 12:41 AM   #87

Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
THOR #13058
Can someone summarize what was the consensus outcome of this thread?

We have 5 T-mobile 5g phone lines with what T-mobile call unlimited, but I am sure it steps down at some point, but I have no idea at how much data?

We average about 20Gb for all five lines; so figure about 4 gb / per phone. When ever we need wifi and it is not available via Netgear Extender or WifI Camppro v2; we stream off our phones or create hotspots.

Am I missing something that I may need, but don't have?
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2022, 01:02 AM   #88

THOR #20220
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkoldman View Post
Can someone summarize what was the consensus outcome of this thread?

We have 5 T-mobile 5g phone lines with what T-mobile call unlimited, but I am sure it steps down at some point, but I have no idea at how much data?

We average about 20Gb for all five lines; so figure about 4 gb / per phone. When ever we need wifi and it is not available via Netgear Extender or WifI Camppro v2; we stream off our phones or create hotspots.

Am I missing something that I may need, but don't have?

Summary home internet $50 unlimited & road no hotspot auto connect any tablet PC computer
& see attached $27.50 if 55 and older

Our monthly savings $200 !!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20220102-195857_Chrome.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	68.0 KB
ID:	35457  
Old 01-03-2022, 02:20 AM   #89

Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scubawise View Post
Summary home internet $50 unlimited & road no hotspot auto connect any tablet PC computer
& see attached $27.50 if 55 and older

Our monthly savings $200 !!
I don't know what you had to save $200, but for me to save $200/mo T mobile would basically have to pay me $100 / month and let me keep what I have now for free

We have had our T mobile plan for a long time now and I don't think it falls under any of the new names? I know they have tried to get us to go to Magenta, but I didn't see what we would gain. I am pretty sure our plan is better than the Essentials and we had that without being 55.

But I think what I was trying trying to get or learn from this thread is what do you gain from having the separate Tmobile Home Internet plan $50/month versus the standard T - mobile phone plans? I mean isn't it the same network?

I will try to start a list with what I am thinking and making you or someone can finish it off for me?

1. True Unlimited (i.e all 5G and no step downs?)
2. Always configured to all of your RV devices, TVs, Rokus, Laptops and for other guests.
3. Use at home and on the road (although I doubt if I would get rid of my home Spectrum router and wifi as those systems work perfect today) I am only looking for road solution or away from home solution.
4. TBD
5. TBD
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote