Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Modifications and Updates
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-19-2019, 09:55 PM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Four Winds 35SK
State: Arizona
THOR #14346
Well thanks for all the input, and the sarcasm, and the wardrobe thoughts. Its not broke, just was a thought. And if you get sediment buildup, just soak the faucet head in some CLR for a bit. That will clear up the calcium deposits.

I will put it off for now, but I do like the sink clip option. Also thinking about carefully cutting an access port just in case... water rots wood.

Cheers

Old 09-19-2019, 10:46 PM   #22

Model: 2015 Vegas 24.1
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #2601
The sediment in my Thor installed faucet wasn't in the faucet head. I had removed the entire spray head from the end of the faucet. When I turned on the valve no water flowed out through the internal structure of the faucet and valve assembly. I cracked the fitting connectors under the sink and water sprayed out both the hot an cold connections. That told me water was getting TO the faucet valves but not THROUGH the valves.

After my service guy replaced the faucet, he took the old one apart. He said there was some type module in front of the valves that was completely blocked with sediment. He said he never saw anything like that and there was no such part listed in any of the faucet parts breakdown catalogs that he had.

One good thing about installing the Moen faucet is that I now have a metal assembly not a plastic one.
2015 Vegas 24.1 (E-350)
bevedfelker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 10:51 PM   #23
gmc

Model: Hurricane 32A
State: Florida
THOR #2829
I changed the kitchen faucet in our Hurricane... or maybe it was our Infinity... lol
If I recall (and have slept since then), I was able to get the faucet to lift and did the plumbing fittings from above...
I’ll see if I can get some pics if it was the Hurricane... lol
Of course all rigs are different.
2014 Hurricane 32A
2000 Infinity (previous)
gmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 11:54 AM   #24

Model: windsport 36R
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #11273
I changed both the bathroom and kitchen faucet in our four winds windsport and I agree with most everyone else it is a pain to work on. But at the end of the day it made me feel good knowing that I beat these d.. things. While working on the kitchen faucet I was tempted to remove the sink by unscrewing the mounting clips and cutting the silicone caulking but after working on it for a while I got it installed. The faucet I bought was at Lowe's so I should be able to get replacement parts for some time should I need them. Now we have a really great faucets which helps improve the overall look inside our MH. Good luck with your project no matter what way you choose to complete it.
Old 09-29-2019, 01:36 PM   #25

State: North Carolina
THOR #8948
Hi Rick!

My faucet started leaking around the base so I was forced to find a fix. I have an ACE and the workspace was similar to yours. It took a while and some squeezing into a very tight spot but I was able to get a wrench in and loosen the connection then the faucet came out easily. I used a replacement faucet from Lowe’s and it secured easily. It has been in place for more than a year without any problems. Best of luck!

Christina

Quote:
Originally Posted by PS Cruisign View Post
I have been wanting to upgrade the galley faucet on my 2016 Four Winds 35SK for a while now. We have touch faucets in the house, so I thought I would convert in the RV. Well I got the faucet, went and picked up the RV.. and low and behold, it appears there is no way from the outside or the inside to do the plumbing without some surgery. To add to the pics, the sink is a drop in under countertop, and the width between the bowls is smaller than my hand and butted right up against the inner wall. Also, looks like it could do silent damage if anything started leaking down there.

Im not gonna have one of my "Thor what were you thinking?" moments yet but...hopefully someone has solved this without a saw.

Any thoughts or ideas?
Thanks
Rick
Old 10-01-2019, 08:01 PM   #26

Model: Four Winds 35SK
State: Arizona
THOR #14346
Thanks. Once it cools down a bit here, im gonna give it a go.

Cheers
Old 10-03-2019, 02:08 PM   #27

Model: Hurricane
State: Alabama
THOR #14362
Kitchen faucet in 31Z

The very first trip in our 2018 31Z we noticed a small drip from the MH. The kitchen faucet was leaking and I had to turn the water off for the rest of the trip. I replaced it with a curved neck faucet from a local Marvins supply.
It is a tight space, but the basin and faucet wrenches will work. The worst part is laying on your back under the cabinet. I added cut off valves in the lines so I can turn it off next time. The original faucet has leaking where it was molded together and was not repairable. The dealer did reimburse me for the faucet. You either need to be a handyman or have access to unlimited funds to own a motor home. If I had carried mine the 100 miles to the dealer and left it there every time a problem occurred, we would not have been able to go anywhere. A house on wheels, shakes rattles and rolls and things loosen up with time. You never know what you will find behind the walls. I recently removed a small panel in the compartment where you can put your satellite receiver so I could run another cable dedicated for the sat receiver. I discovered the splitter for the tv system down in the wall. Always wondered where it was, now I know. And all the cables were loose.
Mike from Alabama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 10:16 PM   #28

State: California
THOR #16919
Quote:
Originally Posted by PS Cruisign View Post
I have been wanting to upgrade the galley faucet on my 2016 Four Winds 35SK for a while now. We have touch faucets in the house, so I thought I would convert in the RV. Well I got the faucet, went and picked up the RV.. and low and behold, it appears there is no way from the outside or the inside to do the plumbing without some surgery. To add to the pics, the sink is a drop in under countertop, and the width between the bowls is smaller than my hand and butted right up against the inner wall. Also, looks like it could do silent damage if anything started leaking down there.

Im not gonna have one of my "Thor what were you thinking?" moments yet but...hopefully someone has solved this without a saw.

Any thoughts or ideas?
Thanks
Rick
Do you have the proper wrenches that are necessary to remove and install those fittings? If not, it will definitely make the process a lot easier. You should not need to remove the sink to do that mod/repair.