Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Modifications and Updates
Click Here to Login

Old 02-18-2017, 10:28 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 27K
State: Oklahoma
THOR #6418
First trip in new MH

We just got back from our first trip in our new to us Windsport. An alignment and Roadmaster steering stabilizer moved WAY up the list of mods. It is hard to believe someone put 18,000 miles driving cross country in this RV . I had thought our 1989 Chieftain on a P30 was bad before I replaced the steering stabilizer and worked out the airbag pressure. The rest of the things on the trip were normal.
Had little trouble with the heat on our first night. It worked good all afternoon, then in the evening it would come on run for about 30 to 45 seconds then turn off. It started working during the night and worked the rest of the trip.
When we took the same trip in the Chieftain or towing the trailer, we got about 7 mpg, 40 gallons of gas. We have not refilled yet, but based on the fuel gage reading, it looks like around 25 or so gallons. That is good, our truck only gets around 18 to the gallon.
One interesting thing it drove like it had a 5 Star Tune or similar. When it downshifted, it went to 4th gear, 3rd on steep hills, we crossed the Arbuckle Mountains on I35.
We really like the 27K so far.

Frank

FrankMor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 12:35 AM   #2

Model: Four Winds 22B
State: Florida
THOR #5326
[QUOTE=FrankMor;58265]We just got back from our first trip in our new to us Windsport. An alignment and Roadmaster steering stabilizer moved WAY up the list of mods. It is hard to believe someone put 18,000 miles driving cross country in this RV . I had thought our 1989 Chieftain on a P30 was bad before I replaced the steering stabilizer and worked out the airbag pressure. The rest of the things on the trip were normal.
Had little trouble with the heat on our first night. It worked good all afternoon, then in the evening it would come on run for about 30 to 45 seconds then turn off. It started working during the night and worked the rest of the trip.
When we took the same trip in the Chieftain or towing the trailer, we got about 7 mpg, 40 gallons of gas. We have not refilled yet, but based on the fuel gage reading, it looks like around 25 or so gallons. That is good, our truck only gets around 18 to the gallon.
One interesting thing it drove like it had a 5 Star Tune or similar. When it downshifted, it went to 4th gear, 3rd on steep hills, we crossed the Arbuckle Mountains on I35.
We really like the 27K so far.

Frank[/QU

have the same rig purchased it in August with 7k miles had roadmaster steering stabilizer when we purchased but couldn't drive it over 50 MPH, all over road, had front and rear wheel alignment done by a heavy duty truck company they found front tires starting to have a little wear issue so they rotated them to inside rear and did 6 wheel high speed balance, on way home hit 70MPH didn't realize it, what a difference even with passing trucks. Did CHF not that much of a difference with handling but did take some of the front roll out

Four Winds 22B
Sunseeker 2800QSF GTS (Loss to hurricane Ian)
Windsport 27K
dcbenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 02:21 AM   #3

Model: Windsport 27K
State: Oklahoma
THOR #6418
Yes I plan the CHF also.

Frank
FrankMor is offline   Reply With Quote