Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Modifications and Updates
Click Here to Login

Old 11-10-2019, 01:28 PM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 29.2
State: North Carolina
THOR #17062
As stated I pulled the color matched quarter round and installed matching PVC base board (Royal Mouldings WM 210 11/16 in. x 1-5/8 in. x 144 in. Vinyl Shingle Moulding). Height worked well and I really like how it looks, would definitely recommend real base over quarter round.

- Of note, with the quarter round I was able to mount the heater vent above the quarter and under the stair nose. with the larger base I instead flushed the heater vent to the floor and left the vent uncovered as you can see. I like the result however still am reserved about it in general.

And one final view with the bedroom door open. Love the white base.

Here are some other pics of places I added foam or deadener at or around the dash.

The panel containing the leveling controls was very flimsy with no screws holding it on the wall (hole was hogged out from factory). So I added a piece of foam on the inside of the plastic panel and a small self tapping screw on the bottom to "suck" the plastic tight.

also added some foam between the piece and the dash, this was just plastic
on plastic

next project will be fabbing up curtain rods and more blackout curtains for the front/side windows.

Inside the dash I added deadener to the plastic panels: