Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Modifications and Updates
Click Here to Login

Old 09-05-2019, 06:52 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2013 31L
State: Florida
THOR #908
Help me brainstorm, replace sofa and dinette

Help me brainstorm
We are victims of the failing fake leather seats.

My 31L has the sofa and dinette together in a single slide

Have been looking a long time for a residential off the shelf solution to just replace the sofa...no luck.
we were talking about moving the one dinette bench a few inches for something to fit, but to a point it might be just as well to just remove the one dinette bench entirely...but to me that's just goofy looking

We were out this past week and I was thinking...
what if I just removed all of it and either built or bought a long sectional sofa?
I could make one end off it with a table, it would be like a u-shaped dinette except L shaped...and the other end would be the sofa...maybe a recliner sofa (or hopefully a sleeper, futon, or jacknife)

The more I think, I like the idea of a recliner sofa, because as it is there is really no great comfortable seating
but I need maximum seating space
and a place to sleep at least one there.

I found some off the shelf sofas that could work like that but they are pricey for sure!...but then, I think it's going to be pricey anyway to find an upholstery shop to redo the sofa as is...and then it's still not overly comfortable.

anyway, help me brainstorm combining sectional sofas and a dining table

and then as a side note.... the captains seats.
Wondering if any of you have found a good off the shelf solution.
seems like not to many folks have the pattern for the E series vans.
places like katskins, leatherseats.com don't
and I really want to avoid "covers" because of the loose fitting nature, but I've struck out even at places like coverking

Old 09-06-2019, 02:54 AM   #2

Model: 2013 31L
State: Florida
THOR #908
I've searched many times before... but tonight I hit upon the magic combination of search terms and found a source for the front seat covers
theseatshop.com
they offer one fabric option, a vinyl option, and one leather/vinyl option for the '09 -'14 E series van
it looks like it'll be a project...their install video is 46 minutes long, and that's with 2 'pros' doing it.
hmmm....I really wanted all leather, but maybe I'll do the fabric to save money and maybe add a swivel base while I've got them out.
Old 09-06-2019, 09:03 PM   #3

Model: challenger 37FH
State: Delaware
THOR #13399
If you like the layout the way it is I would go to upholstery shop and get it recovered with exactly what you want with better foam for comfort and match covers for captain seats.