Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Modifications and Updates
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-15-2021, 01:42 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Nova Scotia
THOR #23730
Ford FW 24F suspension

Hi there.

I'm pretty new to the forum, and to Thor. We bought our 2021 24F in June, here in Nova Scotia. The stock suspension is terrible.

I know very little about airbags, sway bars and steering stabilizers, other than the fact they exist and that they will make my E450-house handle like a Miata.

Is a full suspension upgrade necessary or will sway bars and airbags be enough to make a significant difference?

Subjective, I know, but that's all I got.

Thanks!!

Old 09-15-2021, 01:57 AM   #2

Model: Chateau 24F
State: Ohio
THOR #16721
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy The Jet View Post
Hi there.

I'm pretty new to the forum, and to Thor. We bought our 2021 24F in June, here in Nova Scotia. The stock suspension is terrible.

I know very little about airbags, sway bars and steering stabilizers, other than the fact they exist and that they will make my E450-house handle like a Miata.

Is a full suspension upgrade necessary or will sway bars and airbags be enough to make a significant difference?

Subjective, I know, but that's all I got.

Thanks!!
We have a 2020 24F. Remember... you're driving a commercial chassis with a big box screwed to it. There are considerable suspension improvements you can make, but if you're expecting it to ride/drive like a sports car?? Won't happen.

There are several threads on suspension upgrades... use the search tool. You're going to find that "ride/handling/comfort" are VERY subjective - as is noise reduction. Some claim Sumo Springs fixed their problem... others say they're worthless. Same for nearly every other solution to some degree.

There's "ultimate" solutions like Liquid Springs if money is no object. In a year or so when the wife retired and shares some driving duties, I'm looking at sway bars/steering stabilizers. But for now I can deal with it.
Old 09-15-2021, 02:10 AM   #3

State: Nova Scotia
THOR #23730
Copy that, thanks.

Never heard of liquid springs, but will look it up asap.

I watched a video on Weldtec's grocery-getter upgrade and figured I'd ask about the more common stuff, or what seemed common to me.

I'll do a search on the forum as well.
Old 09-15-2021, 02:16 AM   #4

Model: Chateau 24F
State: Ohio
THOR #16721
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy The Jet View Post
Copy that, thanks.

Never heard of liquid springs, but will look it up asap.

I watched a video on Weldtec's grocery-getter upgrade and figured I'd ask about the more common stuff, or what seemed common to me.

I'll do a search on the forum as well.
There's a wealth of knowledge and experience on this forum. I'm sure after a little browsing you'll be heading down the path to RV bliss!