Completed the do-it-yourself portion of my front suspension mods today.
I had previously installed the Roadmaster RSSC Reflex Stabilizer but afterward still had issues with the front end wandering in traffic and in winds.
I chose to install the Sumo SSF-106-47 springs and the Roadmaster RM-1139-176 front sway bar.
In preparation for these Mods I purchased 2, 6 ton jack stands and one 8 ton bottle jack at Harbor Freight. I jacked one side, placed a jack stand and then jacked the other side and placed a jack stand.
The Sumo springs were fairly easy. The only minor problem was getting the threads on the spring to start straight in the threaded hole. I did use loctite on the threads.
The new sway bar is quite a bit beefier than the OEM one.
Replacing the sway bar started out easy except for removal of one of the 18mm bolts. It fought me all the way out.
Installing the new sway bar was also easy except for that one bolt. I think part of the problem is that it took me so long to fully tighten the bolt, the Loctite supplied with the sway bar had already set up.
The reason it took me so long to tighten that one bolt is I stripped out the 16 point 18 mm socket I had. I had to go to Loweís and buy a 18mm impact socket, thinking my impact wrench would make short work of tightening that bolt.
The impact wrench would not budge the bolt either to tighten it or to loosen it.
I ended up using a trick I learned in the Air Force. I used an 18Ē breaker bar with a 2í long steel pipe extension (Cheater bar) and was able to snug down that last bolt. Didnít have to worry about torquing that bolt 😊.
The end result.
Hope to get the front end alignment next week.
After that Iíll see how it drives before I decide to do the Sumo Springs and sway bar on the rear.