Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Modifications and Updates
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-18-2017, 06:00 PM   #21
gmc

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 32A
State: Florida
THOR #2829
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocMike View Post
All,
New to this topic. I just "won" a small Weber "Go Anywhere Gas Grill". Just 160 sq inches with one burner that uses the 1lb canister of LP. Does that make it a low pressure gas grill?
I saw on the new 2018 Vegas 27.7 a gas outlet behind a closeable door that comes out on the passanger side in the far rear. Does anyone know if that is a low pressure outlet? Also has anyone reached out to Thor to get a part number on that particular setup? I thought I would ask before starting out to research it, no sense reinventing the wheel.

Doc
That 1lb canister is a 'high pressure' source - so the grill has to have a regulator... It is likely removable - and then would be able to connect to a low pressure quick connect.

I haven't seen the 2018 yet, but expect that would be a low pressure connection with a quick connect. Hopefully somebody that has seen it can confirm.

2014 Hurricane 32A
2000 Infinity (previous)
gmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 06:13 PM   #22

Model: Axis 25.4
State: California
THOR #6582
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperD View Post
The LP hose is extremely tough, doubt you cut it with a knife without a VERY determined effort, many of the hoses have a steel braid under the rubber to prevent cutting.

There are many portable gas grills on the market that are setup without a pressure regulator to be used on the low pressure side of your RV tank. We have the Aussie grill that came with our coach plus another grill from our previous coach. Love not having to use the 1 lb bottles or carry an LP tank, just hook to the coach and use.
Thanks SuperD. I did research the propane topic after that post. There's a safety valve in tank to prevent sudden release. The hoses are reinforced, as you said. The idea of a tee on the high side is pretty clever too. The things I learn from reading!
Hellwig sway bars F&R, 235/85 Hankook ATM, alignment...HUGE!!!
Battery watering, 260watts Solar and BigFeets to make life easier.
gnach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 06:28 PM   #23

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Nexus Viper 27V
State: Georgia
THOR #2142
Greg,

Below is a picture of the grill.

I will try to research the outlet seen on the pictures of the new 27.7.

http://www.thorforums.com/forums/att...1&d=1511029653

http://www.thorforums.com/forums/att...1&d=1511029653

Doc
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WP_20171118_13_05_38_Pro.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	65.9 KB
ID:	7841   Click image for larger version

Name:	WP_20171118_13_06_46_Pro.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	87.3 KB
ID:	7842  

DocMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 06:37 PM   #24
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlgorski View Post
Did it come with a hose to hook up to rv?
No; it didn't. We bought a 12' hose, so that we could set it up on the rear elevated patio.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wenzOmatic View Post
Bob,

Does the side RV connection need a regulator? I was thinking I would just build up an adapter hose.

We have a portable propane fire pit that has a regulator on it so would’nt need one.
No; it doesn't need a regulator. It's a low pressure setup already.

wenz
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 06:42 PM   #25

Model: Axis 25.4
State: California
THOR #6582
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocMike View Post
All,
New to this topic. I just "won" a small Weber "Go Anywhere Gas Grill". Just 160 sq inches with one burner that uses the 1lb canister of LP. Does that make it a low pressure gas grill?
I saw on the new 2018 Vegas 27.7 a gas outlet behind a closeable door that comes out on the passanger side in the far rear. Does anyone know if that is a low pressure outlet? Also has anyone reached out to Thor to get a part number on that particular setup? I thought I would ask before starting out to research it, no sense reinventing the wheel.

Doc
Yes DocMike, the propane quick release is low pressure, after the regulator. Your 1# bottle is high pressure as is the typical bbq tank, so the portable grills need regulators. Which explains why I couldn't find an adapter from quick release to portable grill, I had to remove the regulator and just adapt an extension hose.
Hellwig sway bars F&R, 235/85 Hankook ATM, alignment...HUGE!!!
Battery watering, 260watts Solar and BigFeets to make life easier.
gnach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 07:43 PM   #26

Model: Chateau 35SD
State: Oklahoma
THOR #8439
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnach View Post
Yes DocMike, the propane quick release is low pressure, after the regulator. Your 1# bottle is high pressure as is the typical bbq tank, so the portable grills need regulators. Which explains why I couldn't find an adapter from quick release to portable grill, I had to remove the regulator and just adapt an extension hose.

Thanks DocMike that makes sense, now I just need to rig up the fire pit...

wenz
Old 11-18-2017, 08:03 PM   #27

Brand: Redwood
Model: 36FB
State: Arizona
THOR #3610
If the grill has it's own regulator it requires high pressure, if no regulator on the grill it will be low pressure. Some of the cheaper grills the regulator is also the flame adjustment & can't be removed so it's only high pressure. If you hook up your high pressure grill to the low side of your rv you might get a tiny flame, but probably no flame.
On my 5er I added a tee at the bottle before the regulator, added a 20' hose, put quick disconnect on my hose & Weber grill & can set up anywhere on our campsite I chose.
Replacement undetermined
Travelin' Texans is offline   Reply With Quote