Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Modifications and Updates
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-18-2015, 10:53 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: A. C. E. 30.1
State: Indiana
THOR #1488
Headphones for 2015 ACE Seki 12 volt TV

The 12 volt television in the coach does not have a headphone jack. I realy need this because Wife is a light sleeper and goes to bed earlier than I do. I called Seki and they said I could hook up wireless headphones using the R & L audio hookup. I hate to buy new because I am cheap and I have a set I realy like. I tried an adaptor that hooks to the output jacks and goes to a headphone jack. I have to shut off the TV speaker and then I get sound through the headphones but it isn't loud enough for me, very low sound at full volume. Has anyone any suggestions on how to make this work with what I have or recommend a good set of wireless that are not too expensive? Thanks, Jim.

Old 02-19-2015, 02:18 AM   #2

Model: Axis 25.1
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #1503
Whatever you spend on the head phones will be well worth it. A decent set would run about $200.

The Sennheiser RS 170 Digital Wireless is highly rated at Amazon:

Amazon.com: Sennheiser RS 170 Digital Wireless Headphones: Electronics

The sound with these will be so good you will never want to listen to the TV speakers again.

Bruce

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04fxsts View Post
I realy need this because Wife is a light sleeper and goes to bed earlier than I do.
Old 03-04-2015, 01:02 PM   #3

Model: A. C. E. 30.1
State: Indiana
THOR #1488
Bruce; Thanks for your input. I ended up with Sennheiser 120's rechargeable and about $69. from Amazon. I will just have them hooked to the TV so couldn't see the extra money for the 170's. Hooked them up and get really good sound, if they were going to be hooked to a good stereo system I might have gotten the ones you recommended. This is a good set for me and the price. Jim.
Old 03-04-2015, 08:38 PM   #4

Model: 2015 Hurricane 34 J
State: Ohio
THOR #1295
Harbour freight has a set for $7.00. I purchased two sets five years ago and they are still working. Set comes with the cables, headphones, and the FM transmitter - great deal!
2019 Honda Accord 2.0T Sport 6 speed manual
(THOR)
Nursx2 is offline   Reply With Quote