Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Modifications and Updates
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-19-2022, 11:40 AM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Freedom Traveller A27
State: North Carolina
THOR #17765
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gritz Carlton View Post
How was the breakfast bar at that Holiday Inn Express you stayed at last night?
Nice!

Old 07-19-2022, 12:09 PM   #22

Model: 2023 Jayco Precept 31UL
State: Florida
THOR #1589
The OEM fan in our rig just quit working. I misstated earlier that I had installed a Fantastic Fan. It actually was a Maxxair and it gave us zero problems. It ran off the 12v and never from the inverter.

I had already been shopping to replace this OEM three speed fan with one with remote. Hike is a little cheaper than Maxxair, but the reviews aren't as good. The Maxxair I had before doesn't use a cover. It's about $60 more and probably will be my choice again.

Why remote? Mrs S says she can't reach the control buttons on the fan. And having 10 speeds and a thermostat are both a plus we enjoyed before.
Old 07-20-2022, 08:28 AM   #23

Model: Quantum JM31
State: Tennessee
THOR #21926
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Sunshine View Post
The OEM fan in our rig just quit working. I misstated earlier that I had installed a Fantastic Fan. It actually was a Maxxair and it gave us zero problems. It ran off the 12v and never from the inverter.

I had already been shopping to replace this OEM three speed fan with one with remote. Hike is a little cheaper than Maxxair, but the reviews aren't as good. The Maxxair I had before doesn't use a cover. It's about $60 more and probably will be my choice again.

Why remote? Mrs S says she can't reach the control buttons on the fan. And having 10 speeds and a thermostat are both a plus we enjoyed before.
Just purchased this one. Still have it on the bench and removed the microphone. Don't want the voice control stuff. It seems to work well and is quite. When we ordered our coach we ask for the optional fan to be installed above the cabover bed but they did not. Pulled the cover and discovered the wires were there with butt connectors already installed so decided to put one in for our trip this fall. Hope for cooler weather so we might like to open the windows.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0B2DJ7JQF...roduct_details
Bob Nodine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2022, 10:20 PM   #24

Model: Sprinter four winds
State: Georgia
THOR #14780
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redsand View Post
I would consider a call or email to Thor and ask for some help. I know it's a long shot but maybe you get lucky and get the right person to help.
This is good advice, you should be able to get a wiring diagram with the color code to identify the wires. Remember you are on the need end so put on your best act😁
Old 07-20-2022, 10:35 PM   #25
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galobo View Post
This is good advice, you should be able to get a wiring diagram with the color code to identify the wires. Remember you are on the need end so put on your best act😁
Did you read the thread? The OP found the other end of the wires and his install is successfully done.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2022, 10:45 PM   #26

THOR #14780
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16ACE27 View Post
Did you read the thread? The OP found the other end of the wires and his install is successfully done.
Obviously that post wasn’t visible when I read the thread.😁
Old 07-20-2022, 11:31 PM   #27

Model: Chateau 24F
State: Ohio
THOR #16721
Quote:
Now... you should lay down on the "proverbial forum floor" so everyone can kick you for making such a mistake!!

...all in fun.
Old 07-21-2022, 12:16 AM   #28
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
THOR #7035
Quote:
Post #16, two days ago.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2022, 10:48 AM   #29

THOR #14780
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16ACE27 View Post
Post #16, two days ago.
There you go again, know what I mean Vern. I sometimes wished I lived in a mistake proof world but then again some folks would be bored!
Old 07-22-2022, 02:54 AM   #30

Model: 2023 Jayco Precept 31UL
THOR #1589
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Nodine View Post
Just purchased this one. Still have it on the bench and removed the microphone. Don't want the voice control stuff. It seems to work well and is quite. When we ordered our coach we ask for the optional fan to be installed above the cabover bed but they did not. Pulled the cover and discovered the wires were there with butt connectors already installed so decided to put one in for our trip this fall. Hope for cooler weather so we might like to open the windows.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0B2DJ7JQF...roduct_details
Bob- that is not the one I am looking at. It's the Maxxair 7000. It doesn't have the voice feature, but is low profile. It can be left open on the road without a separate cover. It's about $90 more, but it has good reviews on Ammazoon, where yours has none, which makes me a little nervous about long term performance.

Will be interesting to see how yours withstands 65 mph winds without a cover. Wonder if anyone here has experience with this one, or a Hike brand fan.

Haven't had a chance to pull my non-working fan to see if it can be resurrected. Maybe all it needs is a replacement for a faulty switch. Maybe can get to it next week in the shade. Will be awhile before cooler weather happens in Florida!
Old 07-22-2022, 03:32 AM   #31

Model: 2011 FW Hurricane 33T
State: England
THOR #16471
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ediggity View Post
Hi… Not sure what these last couple posts are about, but anyway… I wanted to put up a reply here in case anyone else lands here that has the same RV. I ended up looking behind my main control unit for the RV where my AC, water tank, slide outs, and all systems are located for my RV. After some digging I found the 4 wires in there and checked for continuity… and sure enough, those are the wires. They were not hooked up to anything so I connected to power, put a fuse in place and everything is working now. Yay!

Here’s a pic of the control panel and final install done. Thanks for the help guys! This fan does move a good amount of air and I’ve also put the reflectix insulation material in all the windows… It’s dropped the temperature inside the RV at least 10 degrees. Wife is happy!
This post and the picture you posted make sense now. If you look at your panel, there is a 'blank' switch position labeled "FAN", so if the option package for the RV included a vent fan, a switch would have been installed and it would be wired up to here. No fan = no switch. The extra two wires must be for an additional option? Light?

I see now, "Raise/Lower" must be for the vent cover!

Old 07-22-2022, 11:44 AM   #32

Model: Quantum JM31
State: Tennessee
THOR #21926
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Sunshine View Post
Bob- that is not the one I am looking at. It's the Maxxair 7000. It doesn't have the voice feature, but is low profile. It can be left open on the road without a separate cover. It's about $90 more, but it has good reviews on Ammazoon, where yours has none, which makes me a little nervous about long term performance.

Will be interesting to see how yours withstands 65 mph winds without a cover. Wonder if anyone here has experience with this one, or a Hike brand fan.

Haven't had a chance to pull my non-working fan to see if it can be resurrected. Maybe all it needs is a replacement for a faulty switch. Maybe can get to it next week in the shade. Will be awhile before cooler weather happens in Florida!
I do not plan to use it on the road. If I did I would install a cover. We have a cover on the bathroom vent which we sometimes open while on the road. I am on the fence about installing a cover on this vent because it does have a rain sensor that would close the vent if it starts raining. Still might be desirable to have a cover as it is sometimes beneficial to operate the vent when it is raining.

P.S. I am very skeptical of reviews because many are inflated by paid Blue Sky comments by folks that post them to make money and have never owned the product.
Bob Nodine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2022, 06:32 PM   #33

THOR #14780
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ediggity View Post
Nothing special… but pictures here.
A little labor mixed in with some great advice gives a person bragging rights. Nice job.