Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Modifications and Updates
Click Here to Login

Old 01-07-2020, 03:18 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Florida
THOR #17763
2019 Thor Freedom Elite

Hello to all. Just joined forum. Hope to learn something here. I have a 2019 Thor Freedom Elite 22 FE. To date it's been good. Taken it in for some minor work after taking it out a couple of times.

I have 2 issues. Maybe it happened to someone out there.

First AC stops running like it freezing up. Stops blowing air. Took to Camping World. It did not freeze up while they were testing it there.

Other issue just experienced is it leans to driver side. Of course slide out is there. So when open and sleeping it feels leaning even more.

Any ideas on how to fix this. Should I use levelers or jacks

Thanks you all have a great day

Old 01-07-2020, 04:56 PM   #2

Model: Freedom Elite 22FE
State: Oklahoma
THOR #15560
AC

I have the same issue with my AC. Thor had me remove the filters and adjust the plenum upward. I also noticed that the air was not blowing full force out of the left side when the AC was working. Thor thinks that the baffle may have fallen inside the white cover and I have a tech that is going to check it out. Apparently since we have non ducted units these baffles are just taped in.
I am not a fan of some warranty work if I can do it myself. That said Thor prefers to ship parts and I learned that they tend to replace the whole unit if is not as simple as the baffle. I went ahead and got a reference number for a good dealer that is not CW in my area in order to expedite things since Thor is sometimes known to take 6 weeks to ship parts.
I would suggest making sure all this is documented on your coach. A new AC can run well over 1000.00 and no point in that if it is under warranty.
I cannot address the lean other than the slide weighs about 800 pounds and mine does the same a bit, but not enough to be annoying. I have read that some owners have had the springs checked and even added a leaf on the side that is leaning.
Old 01-08-2020, 09:42 AM   #3

State: Florida
THOR #17763
Thanks for the info. Just noticed you sent me the step light message. So I guess you dont have a leaning issue. At least not enough to do anything drastic?
Old 01-08-2020, 11:38 AM   #4

Model: Freedom Elite 22FE
State: Oklahoma
THOR #15560
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimenez61 View Post
Thanks for the info. Just noticed you sent me the step light message. So I guess you dont have a leaning issue. At least not enough to do anything drastic?
Yes my lean is not that bad. The lean...Mine is not problematic and seems to be related to the Fresh Water Tank, Slide, Generator and LP tank all located on that side of the coach. I have not undertaken any changes at this point.
What I have read is that some owners have had a modification done to the spring on that side or some sort of airbag added. I do not know the cost of that change.
Old 01-08-2020, 12:33 PM   #5

Model: '17-Vegas 24.1
State: California
THOR #13362
Try some of the mods listed on this thread

I removed the inside Air-Cond cover only to find my baffle/divider unsecured which allowed the cold & warm air to mix. So I permanently secured it.

I also moved the temp probe as discussed in the posts

Finally, I later added a round vent in the cover.

I’m very happy with the performance now.

http://www.thorforums.com/forums/f17...xis-18077.html