Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Modifications and Updates
Click Here to Login

Old 01-05-2019, 04:36 AM   #121

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: '17-Vegas 24.1
State: California
THOR #13362
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baddad53 View Post
Had mine for a few years and still operating great. I have the E450 Auto Quad System. Price was ~$3,800 installed.
I’ve got the HWH system, straightleg jacks with the joystick controller on the floor next to the driver side wall.
Some on this forum have the HWH kick down jacks with auto controller
HWH is (in general) more expensive than Bigfoot
I’m very happy with it, worth every penny spent

Old 01-05-2019, 08:17 PM   #122

Model: 2017 Axis 25.4
State: Arkansas
THOR #12231
Your right! It does work that way (By Hold both buttons down to raise one end at the same time). The reason I thought it was NOT working is the LF led light is not working on the control panel. I guess I need to call BF to get a free replacement but its really not a big deal if they dont.

Thanks for pointing that out.
2017 Axis / 25.4: Big Foot Levelers, Aims 1200 Watt inverter, Ceramic Window Tint, Full River AGM 6V batteries, Front Hellwig Sway bar / Rear Track Arm, Safe T Plus Steering Stabilizer, PD 4655 converter, Hard Wired Surge Guard, WEboost + WiFi Ranger, LED Headlights/Driving lights, TPMS, Surge tank, Tornado flush, Viair Compressor
Long & Winding road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 04:48 PM   #123

State: North Carolina
THOR #8987
just installed same leveling system on my 2018 vegas. 24.1 . does your system make loud noises went it retracts ? Thanks
Old 02-04-2019, 06:08 PM   #124

THOR #12231
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lipreville View Post
just installed same leveling system on my 2018 vegas. 24.1 . does your system make loud noises went it retracts ? Thanks
Are you refering to the Big Foot system or the HWH that Taylorbob mentioned?

Mine is not that noisy.... Its an electic pump sound. Inside the RV its very quiet to me but you can hear it more outside but I dont think it would bother anyone.
2017 Axis / 25.4: Big Foot Levelers, Aims 1200 Watt inverter, Ceramic Window Tint, Full River AGM 6V batteries, Front Hellwig Sway bar / Rear Track Arm, Safe T Plus Steering Stabilizer, PD 4655 converter, Hard Wired Surge Guard, WEboost + WiFi Ranger, LED Headlights/Driving lights, TPMS, Surge tank, Tornado flush, Viair Compressor
Old 02-04-2019, 06:18 PM   #125

THOR #8987
I installed the Big foot Platinum system. When extended it sounds fine but when retracting initially not so quiet but then quiets down. thanks
Old 02-04-2019, 06:32 PM   #126

THOR #12231
Ok - thats what I have .... I think when retracting is a little bit louder at first? Has kind of a whine sound? Maybe its pushing fluid backwards so it take 30 seconds to pressureized?

I bet your okay..... How many times have you deployed and retracted?

I have only used mine a hand full of times. I actually used on my driveway yesterday testing it all out. Works great. Im going to relocate my control panel next to the cockpit - driver side (Left side of dash) in the spring.
Old 02-04-2019, 06:54 PM   #127

Model: '17-Vegas 24.1
THOR #13362
Quote:
Originally Posted by sip View Post
One test I haven't done yet is to try to lift a corner of the rv off the ground. I need to put a few blocks under the jack to achieve this I think but not sure yet.
Your leveling system requires that you jack-up in pairs.

So for changing your front passenger tire...place 2"-3" blocks under both front foot pads, then raise the front end until tires are off the ground

As said on another thread...it's always best to NOT extend the jacks to maximum because that is where they become weakest.

So when in doubt, use a block or two under the foot pads to increase the jack's extension without extending the jack (did I say that right???).
Old 02-04-2019, 07:00 PM   #128

THOR #8987
Thanks, they were just installed last week so I have only tried them (like yourself) in the driveway. I had the control panel left loose on drivers side but have ordered a surface mount box so I can place it within comfortable reach and visibility. I also place a set of levels nearby, one under the window and the other on the dash. one stop leveling.
Old 02-04-2019, 07:16 PM   #129

Model: Quantum RS26
State: Indiana
THOR #10823
I just got our Quantum home from having the Platinum system installed at Big Foot this morning. Appointment at 10:30 on the way home by 12:30 after getting a full instruction session on operation. Gotta say I am very impressed with their operation, professional, courteous and know their product. My panel is located just to the left by the entry door, kind of standard for a class C installation. So far I've only them at Big Foot and in the drive but am very happy with how they perform and how stable the coach is when on the jacks.
Old 02-04-2019, 09:35 PM   #130

THOR #12231
Yeah you will love them. I only used them like once at a CG plus like 4 times on my driveway now. So far so good.

I was kinda afraid of them at first. But im getting use to them now. No big deal to jack the front tires off the ground.

But I think in a windstorm I would raise them up where they are still touching the ground but not really jacking up the RV. That should help with rocking (from the wind that is.... LOL).
Old 07-06-2021, 01:00 AM   #131
sip

THOR #5882
Topic of leveling came up in some other thread figured I'd give a 5 year-ish update on this. Have had 0 problems .. and still LOVE how it all just works. I can even lift wheels off the ground in case I need to change a tire or put blocks under them for some reason.

As far as the install, there's nothing I'd change about it even with this long term use. It's been solid and very functional.

Here's a recent shot from a few months ago where I had to lift the front to get it level: