Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Modifications and Updates
Click Here to Login

Old 05-05-2017, 10:18 PM   #1
FEZ

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Miramar
State: Ohio
THOR #7381
Installing Washer & Dryer

Just about ready to purchase a 2017 Miramar 34.2 and wanted to install a washer & dryer combo on my own. Has anyone installed one, if so was it easy or hard? Thanks in advance!

Old 05-05-2017, 10:37 PM   #2

Model: Challenger 37TB
State: Kentucky
THOR #1020
We have a washer/dryer combo - love it. We travel a great deal with grandkids and run wash at least ever other day. Two issues for installation:

1. Getting that heavy little dude through the door and into the prepped area.

2. Installing the vent through the wall.

Based on our experience, once you've gotten to the best negotiated $ point I'd ask the dealer to throw in the install to seal the deal.
Old 05-05-2017, 10:40 PM   #3
FEZ

Model: Miramar
State: Ohio
THOR #7381
Thanks BigBen, I'm thinking the same thing!
Old 05-06-2017, 12:19 AM   #4

Brand: Redwood
Model: 36FB
State: Arizona
THOR #3610
Better have them throw in an iron & ironing board with the combo also, believe me you'll need it.
Replacement undetermined
Travelin' Texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 12:36 AM   #5

Model: Challenger 37TB
State: Kentucky
THOR #1020
When we started using our Splendide 2100xc, we definitely had the wrinkle problem. DW started pulling shirts, blouses, slack, etc out and hanging them up just before they were completely dry. Works great.
Old 05-06-2017, 02:20 AM   #6

Model: Miramar 33.5
State: Washington
THOR #578
I installed the combo unit in both units, the Miramar 34.2 and the current 33.5. Hardest part was getting in the door. I had to remove the screen door and the door handle just inside the door. Also had to remove the cabinet doors.

As a suggestion I would run up to your local hardware store and get a painters cloth to lundown on your floors. If you are not careful, you will gouge your floor when you set it down. I put a small nick in the floor on the first install. Second time around, inlayed down the painters cloth and it left no marks. It will be a two person lift into the coach, but I was able to get it into the closet on my own. Make sure to remove the door catch on the bottom.

We love it, small loads works great, typically run it every other day if camping for more than 4 days. Also I found that since there is no dryer vent it uses warm/hot water in the drying process, so any lint will be discharged in the water when it drains. This stuff will glob to the side of your gray tank while dry camping.

If you can leave your gray valve open then it's not an issue. This summer I will use a heavy duty sensor cleaner as soon as we are done with our summer dry camp and see if I can head off that problem this year.
Old 07-08-2017, 02:37 PM   #7

State: Alaska
THOR #7980
The dealer put ours in and it is vented out the side. I do not like the way they ran the drain in a slot sealed with a POS fabric bag. How did you fix yours?
Old 04-29-2020, 07:07 PM   #8

State: Indiana
THOR #14487
Washer and dryer

We keeps a stackable washer and dryer from falling over when you turn. Our MH is set up for them, but I don't see anything to attach them to the coach wall for stablization.
Old 04-29-2020, 08:51 PM   #9

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Newmar Ventana LE
State: Tennessee
THOR #16834
Where would you drain the washer? Ours goes into the gray tank and instructs to be sure the gray tank drain valve is open BEFORE running the washer.

Our dryer instructions recommend opening a BR window before running the dryer.

IMHO, the dryer vent should go outside the MH, to keep all that humidity from inside the MH (and for health reasons).