Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Modifications and Updates
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-25-2021, 04:07 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2021 Chateau 28A
State: North Carolina
THOR #23131
Jackknife Sofa Shelf (models 28A & 28Z)

My 2021 28A has a void (4" or so by design) between the back of the Jackknife sofa and the exterior wall. On the 28Z there is a shelf with cup holders in this exact spot and it sure looks like it would fit in there perfectly. I was hoping someone else has done this already or something similar as the void has got to go.
Thanks in advance.

Old 04-25-2021, 04:52 PM   #2
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtaggio View Post
My 2021 28A has a void (4" or so by design) between the back of the Jackknife sofa and the exterior wall. On the 28Z there is a shelf with cup holders in this exact spot and it sure looks like it would fit in there perfectly. I was hoping someone else has done this already or something similar as the void has got to go.
Thanks in advance.
Welcome to the forum

One issue with those voids is they are required for unfolding, so to speak, if and when you put the jack knife sofa to use as a bed.
Old 04-25-2021, 09:28 PM   #3

Model: 2021 Chateau 28A
THOR #23131
I guess I could have added more detail, just wife and myself, sofa will never fold out. The gap seems to remain constant regardless of whether it is in sofa or bed position. Seems very odd to have this void space ?
Old 04-26-2021, 10:20 AM   #4

Model: Freedom Traveller A27
THOR #17765
Mine had the shelf also. Sounds to me as though somebody forgot to put it in. I removed mine when exchanging the jackknife sofa for theater recliners.
Old 05-04-2021, 01:28 AM   #5

Model: Axis 25.3
State: Michigan
THOR #20290
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtaggio View Post
I guess I could have added more detail, just wife and myself, sofa will never fold out. The gap seems to remain constant regardless of whether it is in sofa or bed position. Seems very odd to have this void space ?
You know what they..."never say never."

We had no plans to use our jackknife sofa as a bed either, but when we got stuck on a trip with our slide/bed unable to extend, that sofa was a better place to sleep than on the floor with no mattress, padding or other comfort.

The sofa was far from a good nights comfortable sleep, but it worked passably for a night or two.