Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Modifications and Updates
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-20-2015, 10:01 PM   #41
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
This is pretty cool: I pulled out the SD card from the 215 plugged it into my laptop and ran the iGo software (the nav is by iGo/Naviextras: https://www.naviextras.com/shop/portal ).
It first asked me to make a backup (nice!) and told me I had a bunch of free updates waiting. Cool!

JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 06:33 PM   #42
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

THOR #1150
You can turn off the speed warning (or adjust it): On the main nav screen there is a "toolbox" at the bottom:

Tap that and then select "Sounds and Warnings":

In Sounds and Warnings select "Speed Warning Settings":

Then adjust them to your liking:
Old 02-23-2015, 01:52 AM   #43

Model: Hurricane 27K
State: Nevada
THOR #970
I am going to say my OE Jenson 212 is not very good, and you have given me hope.. Not being an electronics kind of person, is this mod something that requires more technical experience or can the average hack back yard guy do it? IS the wiring similar, what about the collar thing, I read you had to change that..

Thanks for the informative thread.

Peter

I have a 2014 Thor Hurricane 27k
Old 02-23-2015, 01:55 AM   #44

Model: Vegas 24.1
State: Georgia
THOR #1460
Thanks Jamie, I have stumbling around the screens trying to adjust that screen. I'm glad others are starting to use this radio. Now we can learn from each others discoveries. It is also nice to know I can update the SD card for free, not like other nav units that charge.
Old 02-23-2015, 02:24 AM   #45
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter
I am going to say my OE Jenson 212 is not very good, and you have given me hope.. Not being an electronics kind of person, is this mod something that requires more technical experience or can the average hack back yard guy do it? IS the wiring similar, what about the collar thing, I read you had to change that..

Thanks for the informative thread.

Peter

I have a 2014 Thor Hurricane 27k
The collar comes with the radio and is shown on page 7 of the owners manual.
The most difficult thing was making sure I had the speakers wired correctly. This involved using the respective wiring pages from each manual to match the wires (the harness that came with the 215 was labelled which did make it easier). The camera and triggers simply plug right in--it's the same plugs (you do have to mark the camera wires to remember which is which).
If you can navigate the wiring page in the owners manual and are comfortable with wire strippers you should be able to handle this.
Old 02-27-2015, 01:49 PM   #46

Model: 2015 Challenger 37ND
State: North Carolina
THOR #1618
JamieGeek one question. What is the reason you are replacing your JRV212? The reason I ask, is I have had issues with Thor & Jensen over the fact that there is no module available for this radio for SIRIUSXM even though both Thor & Jensen states the radio is SIRIUS ready. Jensen told me the JRV215 was the solution, but Thor refused to provide me the radio. Did Thor provide you with the upgrade, or did you purchase it on your own.
Old 02-27-2015, 02:39 PM   #47

THOR #1618
BTW Great job on the upgrade Jamie
Old 02-27-2015, 02:46 PM   #48
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

THOR #1150
According to this Jensen document:
http://www.jensenrvdirect.com/downlo...eally_mean.pdf
You need a SCC1BL (which is a Sirius/XM manufactured part). Doing a google search it does look like that guy is hard to find (and may be discontinued so they may be right) but I did find it for sale here:
JENSEN SIRIUS Gen. 3.0 Radio Receiver - MARINE AUDIO / VIDEO - CRUISING

I upgraded the radio mostly because I wanted bluetooth and navigation functionality. The 215 also states that is "Sirius Ready" and has a socket on the back labelled as "SXM". (With bluetooth it is possible to just use the SXM streaming app on a phone or tablet without having to pay for an extra SXM receiver--although you do have to have good cell coverage where you are going.)

I wasn't able to find the radio on any Jensen sites available for sale..only at that one RV parts supplier (the link is in the very first post in this thread).
Old 02-27-2015, 09:33 PM   #49

THOR #1618
Thanks I was just wondering. Yes you can find the SCC1BL but it is priciey. The SXM tuner is only around $50 or less. I do like the JRV215 & will upgrade it one day. For now the 212 is doing the job.

Again thanks
Old 11-02-2015, 08:13 PM   #50

State: Tennessee
THOR #3154
When I click on this link I get a server error. Is there another link to the installation manual showing al the wiring details? I'm getting ready to replace my 212T (which has a blank screen & I can't determine the problem)with the 215N.
http://www.jensenmarinedirect.com/do...ers_manual.pdf
Thanks
Old 11-03-2015, 12:03 PM   #51

Model: Palazzo
State: Florida
THOR #2248
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbglassman View Post
When I click on this link I get a server error. Is there another link to the installation manual showing al the wiring details? I'm getting ready to replace my 212T (which has a blank screen & I can't determine the problem)with the 215N.
http://www.jensenmarinedirect.com/do...ers_manual.pdf
Thanks
I just clicked on the link in the first post and it took me right to the ASAEcectronics.com website and the 215 there so you might want to try again. The link you provided took me to a Jensen Marine site and the 404 you mentioned.
Here is the link from my view of it.
JENSEN JRV215N AM/FM/DVD/USB/SXM Bluetooth® stereo with navigation

And thanx tbglassman for bringing this thread to my attention. I have been considering replacing the 212 since we got this RV several months ago! This thread is golden for that.
Old 11-07-2015, 08:13 PM   #52

THOR #3154
To use an ipod, is an adapter cable required for the JRV215N? The ipod button was not active on my JRV212 that I'm getting ready to change out.
Thanks,
Old 11-08-2015, 01:47 AM   #53
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

THOR #1150
I don't think so: You should be able to plug the iPod's USB cable right into the front USB connector on the 215.
Old 11-08-2015, 11:52 PM   #54

THOR #3154
I changed out my 212 for the 215 today & everything works fine except for the audio. I have no sound from the radio or CD's - I believe I wired the speakers correctly. I used the wiring diagram from the 212 to match up to my 215. Any suggestions? Thanks
Old 11-09-2015, 12:02 AM   #55
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

THOR #1150
Hmm, even if you got the wiring wrong I thing you'd still hear something. Other than re-checking the wiring and make sure the radio isn't on mute I can't think of anything else...
Old 11-09-2015, 12:13 AM   #56

THOR #3154
Any settings that need to be changed that you are aware of? I did check mute & some other things in the trouble shooting guide w/out any luck. I did not connect the following wires since they were not connected on the 212 - P. Cntr, Ground, Brake & Amp Remote. Did you connect the FM/AM ant? I did not get one w/my system.
Old 11-09-2015, 03:34 AM   #57
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

THOR #1150
FM/AM: Yes it was the same plug as the 212; I just unplugged it and plugged it into the 215.

Ground? Its kind of necessary?
Old 11-09-2015, 04:54 AM   #58

State: Washington
THOR #1081
Has anyone investigated or actually installed WiFi in their rig? Most of the taxis in my city have it installed in the cabs and the Ford and Chevy are selling autos with it installed. Can it be done aftermarket for RV's?
Old 11-09-2015, 12:47 PM   #59
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by belfastboy
Has anyone investigated or actually installed WiFi in their rig? Most of the taxis in my city have it installed in the cabs and the Ford and Chevy are selling autos with it installed. Can it be done aftermarket for RV's?
A WiFi setup can be as simple as turning on tethering/hotspot on your phone to a complete networking solution in the RV (there is someone on here who has a really nice setup--I forget who; I'm sure they will chime in here).

We usually try to connect our devices up to the local campground's WiFi first. Typically after we discover that is far too slow I'll turn on a hotspot with my phone or tablet.
Old 11-09-2015, 02:38 PM   #60

State: Washington
THOR #1081
I guess the best way is to contact Verizon or ATT and find out from them. We travel in the states but live in Canada. Roaming packages are too damn expensive for us. If it is simple as connecting to a hot spot with a cel phone then probably the easiest is to unlock my cel and get a US sim card.