Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Modifications and Updates
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 08-10-2017, 03:05 PM   #2021
Junior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: California
Posts: 5
THOR #3753
I agree that KN does not filter that great and maybe it is designed for high RPM but numbers are numbers.
https://www.knfilters.com/dynocharts/57-2567_dyno.pdf
I have been involved in all aspects of engine building and racing for 20 years now. There is so much complexity to this conversation that i think we could come up with 100 different opinions, that in a way are all right. You are correct in saying that with headers it all comes together and will make a big difference. Like anything in engines, if you want another 50 HP pull out another 5 grand. To some it is not a money issue, and to others it is. if i had the time i would mount twin turbos and give it about 6lbs, then the 5k would make about 125hp.
__________________

__________________
chunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 11:59 PM   #2022
Senior Member
 
DinoC41's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 29M
State: Texas
Posts: 1,126
THOR #2757
Whistling Windows

I don't remember if we on this forum has figured this out yet but when I engage the locks on the Driver and Passenger windows and get up to speed, they whistle like crazy!!!!

A little help please!!!

__________________

__________________
Dino & Angie
2017 Thor Windsport 29M

2012 Jeep Liberty Sport 4X4 (Toad)
FMCA: F463694
DinoC41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 12:12 AM   #2023
Senior Member
 
halfprice's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 29M
State: California
Posts: 2,641
THOR #3156
Quote:
Originally Posted by DinoC41 View Post
I don't remember if we on this forum has figured this out yet but when I engage the locks on the Driver and Passenger windows and get up to speed, they whistle like crazy!!!!

A little help please!!!

I followed Dave advise and sprayed the window track, bottom and side, with dry silicone spray. Then moved the window back and forth a few times. Windows now slide and close better and no more whistle.

Jerry
__________________
https://www.thorforums.com/forums/f2...mods-4609.html
Jerry, Maria, and Sasha 6lb Yorkie
2017 Thor Hurricane 29M
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
FMCA # F464385
halfprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 12:20 AM   #2024
Senior Member
 
jpmihalk's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 35C
State: South Dakota
Posts: 1,132
THOR #3761
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfprice View Post
I followed Dave advise and sprayed the window track, bottom and side, with dry silicone spray. Then moved the window back and forth a few times. Windows now slide and close better and no more whistle.

Jerry
We also used the dry silicone spray and it helped some but it still isn't as smooth as I'd like it to be.
__________________
John
2016 Thor Hurricane 35C with pups Piper and Annabelle
2013 Ford Fiesta toad
FMCA - F457085
Blog - https://traversity.us
jpmihalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 12:41 AM   #2025
Senior Member
 
rmblaster's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 31S
State: California
Posts: 153
THOR #3788
Only my passenger side would whistle and it has since day one . I would open and slam it shut and it would be good for many miles but I think I will try the dry silicone spary since it seems to work for you guys
__________________
Richard M / Carol B
2016 Thor Hurricane 31S
2019 Ford ranger
FMCA #F432587
rmblaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 12:44 AM   #2026
Senior Member
 
DinoC41's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 29M
State: Texas
Posts: 1,126
THOR #2757
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfprice View Post
I followed Dave advise and sprayed the window track, bottom and side, with dry silicone spray. Then moved the window back and forth a few times. Windows now slide and close better and no more whistle.

Jerry
Only whistles when we lock the windows...I think there is something going on with the locking latch...I dunno!

__________________
Dino & Angie
2017 Thor Windsport 29M

2012 Jeep Liberty Sport 4X4 (Toad)
FMCA: F463694
DinoC41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 04:20 AM   #2027
Senior Member
 
halfprice's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 29M
State: California
Posts: 2,641
THOR #3156
Quote:
Originally Posted by DinoC41 View Post
Only whistles when we lock the windows...I think there is something going on with the locking latch...I dunno!

Thats what mine did also. When travelling we would unlock the window to stop the whistle. After spraying with silicone no need to unlock anymore and no whistle.

Give it a try Dino. Its easy.

Jerry
__________________
https://www.thorforums.com/forums/f2...mods-4609.html
Jerry, Maria, and Sasha 6lb Yorkie
2017 Thor Hurricane 29M
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
FMCA # F464385
halfprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 06:45 PM   #2028
Senior Member
 
DinoC41's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 29M
State: Texas
Posts: 1,126
THOR #2757
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfprice View Post
Thats what mine did also. When travelling we would unlock the window to stop the whistle. After spraying with silicone no need to unlock anymore and no whistle.

Give it a try Dino. Its easy.

Jerry
Copy!!

__________________
Dino & Angie
2017 Thor Windsport 29M

2012 Jeep Liberty Sport 4X4 (Toad)
FMCA: F463694
DinoC41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 07:08 PM   #2029
Senior Member
 
DinoC41's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 29M
State: Texas
Posts: 1,126
THOR #2757
Charging center woes

Windsport/Hurricane 29M owners, I reported earlier that my Charging Center in the bedroom was not working. Come to find out the unit was not wired properly, in fact it was wired backasswards. It has been corrected and works like a champ now.

Suggest you take a look at your Charging Center when you get a chance!

That is all!!

__________________
Dino & Angie
2017 Thor Windsport 29M

2012 Jeep Liberty Sport 4X4 (Toad)
FMCA: F463694
DinoC41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 08:31 PM   #2030
Senior Member
 
jpmihalk's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 35C
State: South Dakota
Posts: 1,132
THOR #3761
Quote:
Originally Posted by DinoC41 View Post
Windsport/Hurricane 29M owners, I reported earlier that my Charging Center in the bedroom was not working. Come to find out the unit was not wired properly, in fact it was wired backasswards. It has been corrected and works like a champ now.

Suggest you take a look at your Charging Center when you get a chance!

That is all!!

We found that same issue during our PDI and the dealer corrected it prior to completing delivery.
__________________
John
2016 Thor Hurricane 35C with pups Piper and Annabelle
2013 Ford Fiesta toad
FMCA - F457085
Blog - https://traversity.us
jpmihalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 08:36 PM   #2031
Senior Member
 
jpmihalk's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 35C
State: South Dakota
Posts: 1,132
THOR #3761
Our latest mod was to add a bluetooth audio transmitter to our outside TV to allow us to use the outside speakers. We got a Mee Bluetooth Audio Transmitter from Best Buy. It works with both the headphone jack (3.5 mm) and the optical out port on the existing Seiki TV. There is a slight delay but at least we can hear the sound when watching outside now. (Especially when tailgating when there is lots of ambient sound!)

http://www.meeaudio.com/Connect/
__________________
John
2016 Thor Hurricane 35C with pups Piper and Annabelle
2013 Ford Fiesta toad
FMCA - F457085
Blog - https://traversity.us
jpmihalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 01:54 AM   #2032
Member
 
churd9's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Ace 29.2
State: Georgia
Posts: 96
THOR #6481
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunter View Post
I agree that KN does not filter that great and maybe it is designed for high RPM but numbers are numbers.

https://www.knfilters.com/dynocharts/57-2567_dyno.pdf

I have been involved in all aspects of engine building and racing for 20 years now. There is so much complexity to this conversation that i think we could come up with 100 different opinions, that in a way are all right. You are correct in saying that with headers it all comes together and will make a big difference. Like anything in engines, if you want another 50 HP pull out another 5 grand. To some it is not a money issue, and to others it is. if i had the time i would mount twin turbos and give it about 6lbs, then the 5k would make about 125hp.


You can get 47 hp for $500 5star tune
__________________
churd9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 02:12 AM   #2033
Senior Member
 
SuperD's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
Posts: 3,692
THOR #5196
Quote:
Originally Posted by DinoC41 View Post
Copy!!

Dino, you may have to repeat 2-3 times before it works good. Take a close look at your latch and make sure it's fully seated in the groove when locked, if not the latch pushes the window open slightly and that's what causes the whistle. I had to slam my windows shut several times to loosen up the weather stripping enough to let the window latch properly.
__________________
USMC Veteran
FMCA 101070S

Dave & Myra
One day your life will flash before your eyes,
make sure it's worth watching!
SuperD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 02:20 AM   #2034
Senior Member
 
SuperD's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
Posts: 3,692
THOR #5196
Dino and Jerry, think I found a good dash mount for tablets. I think the tablets will be prone to bouncing around due to the weight. This mount I am including the link for has a support arm that should make it more stable. Besides the mount you need to mount a good quality suction disc for the foot.

https://www.amazon.com/Premium-Dashb...Pad+dash+mount

P.S. Jerry, hope you are healing quickly and feeling better! Our best to you!!!
__________________
USMC Veteran
FMCA 101070S

Dave & Myra
One day your life will flash before your eyes,
make sure it's worth watching!
SuperD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 03:43 AM   #2035
Senior Member
 
DinoC41's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 29M
State: Texas
Posts: 1,126
THOR #2757
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperD View Post
Dino and Jerry, think I found a good dash mount for tablets. I think the tablets will be prone to bouncing around due to the weight. This mount I am including the link for has a support arm that should make it more stable. Besides the mount you need to mount a good quality suction disc for the foot.

https://www.amazon.com/Premium-Dashb...Pad+dash+mount

P.S. Jerry, hope you are healing quickly and feeling better! Our best to you!!!
Sprayed some silicone in the window wells today...will keep checking and apply more if necessary...thanks for the tablet mount information and link!!

__________________
Dino & Angie
2017 Thor Windsport 29M

2012 Jeep Liberty Sport 4X4 (Toad)
FMCA: F463694
DinoC41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 01:11 PM   #2036
Senior Member
 
jpmihalk's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 35C
State: South Dakota
Posts: 1,132
THOR #3761
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperD View Post
Dino and Jerry, think I found a good dash mount for tablets. I think the tablets will be prone to bouncing around due to the weight. This mount I am including the link for has a support arm that should make it more stable. Besides the mount you need to mount a good quality suction disc for the foot.

https://www.amazon.com/Premium-Dashb...Pad+dash+mount

P.S. Jerry, hope you are healing quickly and feeling better! Our best to you!!!
That looks like a good solution for a large tablet. I mounted our IPad Pro on the dash with an Arkon Tablet mount but the vibration was just too much to make it worthwhile, so I now use my phone and my older phone on the dash using magnetic Scosche mounts. Smaller displays but much more stable.
__________________
John
2016 Thor Hurricane 35C with pups Piper and Annabelle
2013 Ford Fiesta toad
FMCA - F457085
Blog - https://traversity.us
jpmihalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 01:35 PM   #2037
Senior Member
 
SuperD's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
Posts: 3,692
THOR #5196
Quote:
Originally Posted by DinoC41 View Post
Installed the BAFX Products 34t5 Bluetooth OBDII Scan Tool for Android Devices this afternoon and paired it with my tablet and phone. Easy to install and pair. The second picture show the default display on my tablet but you can modify the gauges. The Android App cost $4.95 and the OBDII cost $21.99. I AM IMPRESSED! Good investment!!
What did you do with your Scan Gauge? I was thinking about moving mine to my Yukon, maybe.
__________________
USMC Veteran
FMCA 101070S

Dave & Myra
One day your life will flash before your eyes,
make sure it's worth watching!
SuperD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 11:47 AM   #2038
Senior Member
 
DinoC41's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 29M
State: Texas
Posts: 1,126
THOR #2757
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperD View Post
What did you do with your Scan Gauge? I was thinking about moving mine to my Yukon, maybe.
I sold the Scan Gauge to a friend who had a commercial truck!

__________________
Dino & Angie
2017 Thor Windsport 29M

2012 Jeep Liberty Sport 4X4 (Toad)
FMCA: F463694
DinoC41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 12:19 PM   #2039
Senior Member
 
SuperD's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
Posts: 3,692
THOR #5196
Quote:
Originally Posted by DinoC41 View Post
I sold the Scan Gauge to a friend who had a commercial truck!

Good idea! I ordered my obd scanner and iPad mount today. Myra has a mini iPad she's not using since I got her a new one for her birthday. I have so many gadgets mounted on the dash now not sure where I'm going to put it, may have to do some rearranging!
__________________
USMC Veteran
FMCA 101070S

Dave & Myra
One day your life will flash before your eyes,
make sure it's worth watching!
SuperD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 09:41 PM   #2040
Senior Member
 
DinoC41's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 29M
State: Texas
Posts: 1,126
THOR #2757
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperD View Post
Good idea! I ordered my obd scanner and iPad mount today. Myra has a mini iPad she's not using since I got her a new one for her birthday. I have so many gadgets mounted on the dash now not sure where I'm going to put it, may have to do some rearranging!

what size is Myra's mini Ipad?

__________________

__________________
Dino & Angie
2017 Thor Windsport 29M

2012 Jeep Liberty Sport 4X4 (Toad)
FMCA: F463694
DinoC41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.




All times are GMT. The time now is 05:29 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
×