Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Modifications and Updates
Click Here to Login

Old 10-06-2017, 03:30 AM   #2221

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 31S
State: California
THOR #3788
Jerry I have Verizon unlimited and they gave me
a $30 dollar credit to stay with them I told them i was going to t mobil

FMCA #F432587
rmblaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 05:03 AM   #2222

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Renegade Valencia 38RB
THOR #3156
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmblaster View Post
Jerry my ex girlfriend had tmobil as the rep said it works in the city and basically no service outside city good example it wouldnt work coming back to long beach from Catalina till we got in the harbor

Richard
Thanks Richard. Ive had trouble at Catalina and in the channel coming back with verizon also. Verizon is definately better but i pay more with them for 4 gigs data than i would with unlimited at t mobile

Jerry
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
FMCA # F464385
halfprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 05:05 AM   #2223
Site Team

Brand: Crossroads
Model: CF32BL
State: Mississippi
THOR #121
Had them a while back, was fair around town but no service five miles out and stayed out for 90 miles.
The wonder Schnauzers
fhenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 10:40 AM   #2224

Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
THOR #5196
Made it to Indiana!!!. Left Dallas last Friday, took 2 1/2 hours to get out of town and it wasn't rush hour! Sure won't miss Dallas traffic! Myra followed me in her car and acted as a blocker when I need to change lanes, BIG help in Dallas. I was pulling a 6x10 enclosed cargo trailer, sure wished I had gotten the track bar on before we left.

Spent Sat and Sun in Oklahoma visiting old friends I hadn't seen in twenty years, sure was nice. The town I lived in has grown a lot and very different. Had breakfast at the very old restaurant where the movie Where The Red Fern Grows was filmed, interesting place and great food! Drove by where Mr Ed the talking horse was buried, watched that show a lot when I was younger.

Drove to the Six Flags KOA in St Louis and stayed Monday night, VERY nice campground! Left about 8:30a thought traffic would be bad and it wasn't. Drove to sister-in-laws house Tues and got in about 3p, had a good dinner then went on to the KOA in Bluffton, IN. 15 miles down a narrow two lane, located on the other side of nowhere. Nice place, but very basic, lots of full timers working on the GM plant in Fort Wayne staying there because the campground is open year round, most close here the end of October.

Yesterday we moved to the Johnny Appleseed campground in Fort Wayne, nice place, no cable or sewer but good location for us to stay until we close on our new house. Lots of walnut trees here, walnuts dropping on the coach sound like you're having baseballs thrown at you!!! We'll be here about a week or so until house closing.

Observations:
Having the big camera monitor on the dash is great in heavy traffic! The insulation added to the doghouse was worth every penny, no heat and big reduction in noise level. With cruise control on the engine noise is almost nonexistent, only time you have noise is when accelerating. If you pull a trailer you need a track bar, no ifs, ands, or buts, you need one! On narrow two lane roads class A coaches and semi's don't mix well, but I already knew that, just saying! Windshield wipers worked great, was concerned after hearing about the problems others had. We hit some pretty heavy rain in Illinois and partly in Indiana. Wish they had a wiper for the rear camera, after the rain quit I had to stop and clean it so I could see!

Coach has performed Great! Averaged 8 mpg pulling a heavy trailer running around 65 mph over about 1200 miles, not to bad in my opinion. Since we've had no cable the digital Samsung tv's have been great at pulling in over the air stations.

This has been a great trip, no problems at all! Great to be back online with my friends, hope everyone is doing well!!! Anxious to get moved in to our new house but dread having to buy a new snowblower!!!
Old 10-06-2017, 11:31 AM   #2225

Model: Four Winds 22B
State: Florida
THOR #5326
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperD View Post
Made it to Indiana!!!. Left Dallas last Friday, took 2 1/2 hours to get out of town and it wasn't rush hour! Sure won't miss Dallas traffic! Myra followed me in her car and acted as a blocker when I need to change lanes, BIG help in Dallas. I was pulling a 6x10 enclosed cargo trailer, sure wished I had gotten the track bar on before we left.

Spent Sat and Sun in Oklahoma visiting old friends I hadn't seen in twenty years, sure was nice. The town I lived in has grown a lot and very different. Had breakfast at the very old restaurant where the movie Where The Red Fern Grows was filmed, interesting place and great food! Drove by where Mr Ed the talking horse was buried, watched that show a lot when I was younger.

Drove to the Six Flags KOA in St Louis and stayed Monday night, VERY nice campground! Left about 8:30a thought traffic would be bad and it wasn't. Drove to sister-in-laws house Tues and got in about 3p, had a good dinner then went on to the KOA in Bluffton, IN. 15 miles down a narrow two lane, located on the other side of nowhere. Nice place, but very basic, lots of full timers working on the GM plant in Fort Wayne staying there because the campground is open year round, most close here the end of October.

Yesterday we moved to the Johnny Appleseed campground in Fort Wayne, nice place, no cable or sewer but good location for us to stay until we close on our new house. Lots of walnut trees here, walnuts dropping on the coach sound like you're having baseballs thrown at you!!! We'll be here about a week or so until house closing.

Observations:
Having the big camera monitor on the dash is great in heavy traffic! The insulation added to the doghouse was worth every penny, no heat and big reduction in noise level. With cruise control on the engine noise is almost nonexistent, only time you have noise is when accelerating. If you pull a trailer you need a track bar, no ifs, ands, or buts, you need one! On narrow two lane roads class A coaches and semi's don't mix well, but I already knew that, just saying! Windshield wipers worked great, was concerned after hearing about the problems others had. We hit some pretty heavy rain in Illinois and partly in Indiana. Wish they had a wiper for the rear camera, after the rain quit I had to stop and clean it so I could see!

Coach has performed Great! Averaged 8 mpg pulling a heavy trailer running around 65 mph over about 1200 miles, not to bad in my opinion. Since we've had no cable the digital Samsung tv's have been great at pulling in over the air stations.

This has been a great trip, no problems at all! Great to be back online with my friends, hope everyone is doing well!!! Anxious to get moved in to our new house but dread having to buy a new snowblower!!!
"D" glad you made it safe and for the updates on traveling. Enjoy the next chapter in your life

Four Winds 22B
Sunseeker 2800QSF GTS (Loss to hurricane Ian)
Windsport 27K
dcbenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 01:48 PM   #2226

THOR #5196
Thanks Don!
Old 10-06-2017, 03:53 PM   #2227

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Renegade Valencia 38RB
THOR #3156
Welcome back Dave. Glad the trip went smooth for you and Myra

Jerrt
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
FMCA # F464385
halfprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 05:31 PM   #2228

THOR #5196
Thanks Jerry!!!
Old 10-09-2017, 01:42 AM   #2229

Model: Windsport 29M
State: Texas
THOR #2757
Quote:

Observations:

Way to go Dave!! Glad you and Myra finished that trek.Just got back home from the Balloon Fiesta this evening. Will write an after action report and share it with you and the others via email. Have fun with the rest of the move!!

2012 Jeep Liberty Sport 4X4 (Toad)
FMCA: F463694
DinoC41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 09:40 AM   #2230

THOR #5196
Quote:
Originally Posted by DinoC41 View Post
Way to go Dave!! Glad you and Myra finished that trek.Just got back home from the Balloon Fiesta this evening. Will write an after action report and share it with you and the others via email. Have fun with the rest of the move!!

Hope you and Angie had a Great time! Glad you are back safely. Look forward to hearing about the balloon festival!
Old 10-09-2017, 10:48 AM   #2231

THOR #2757
Quote:
Hope you and Angie had a Great time! Glad you are back safely. Look forward to hearing about the balloon festival!

2012 Jeep Liberty Sport 4X4 (Toad)
FMCA: F463694
DinoC41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 12:19 PM   #2232
Kev

Model: Windsport
THOR #3918
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcbenny View Post
"D" glad you made it safe and for the updates on traveling. Enjoy the next chapter in your life
I definitely do not miss having a snowblower, I feel your pain.
Old 10-12-2017, 02:39 AM   #2233
Kev

THOR #3918
Windsport

Does anyone know where the water pump is on a Windsport 31S? I would like to put on an accumulator tank like I had on my Vegas.

Thanks
Old 10-12-2017, 02:44 AM   #2234

THOR #5196
Easiest way to find it is open a faucet, turn on pump, and trace the noise. Should be fairly close to your fresh water tank. I’ve had an accumulator tank on the last 3-4 motorhomes and wouldn’t be without one now.
Old 10-12-2017, 05:27 AM   #2235

THOR #8977
3 of 6 tv connections working/not working

Hi guys,

I’m trouble shooting the 3 tv’s on my 2017 Windsport 29M. Living room tv works on both antenna & dvd. Bedroom tv only works on dvd - no antenna signal. Outside tv doesn’t work on either. It does appear that the outside HDMI cable is inoperative, but that doesn’t explain the antenna not working. Appreciate any input or suggestions.
Eeeride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 10:34 AM   #2236

THOR #5196
First cabinet above the dinette next to the door has your box for hdmi cables, check to see they are all plugged in securely. Check your coax connections on the back of the TVs. If everything is plugged in you may have some bad cables which will require a trip back to the dealer for replacement. As you will soon learn the Seiki TVs are junk! Changed out my TVs to Samsung and now get over twice as many over the air channels. Seiki TVs will not work with most campground cable systems without a converter.
Old 10-12-2017, 02:43 PM   #2237

Model: Miramar 37.1
State: Virginia
THOR #4468
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev View Post
Does anyone know where the water pump is on a Windsport 31S? I would like to put on an accumulator tank like I had on my Vegas.

Thanks
Think I remember seeing it beneath the floor panel of the left side of the galley base cabinet.

2018 Hurricane 31S (sold)
mpinva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 03:40 PM   #2238

THOR #6411
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev View Post

Thanks
It is under the left side of the kitchen sink's false floor (just above the water tank inside the coach. They should have shown it to you on the PDI.
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 03:48 PM   #2239

THOR #6411
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeeride View Post
Hi guys,

I’m trouble shooting the 3 tv’s on my 2017 Windsport 29M. Living room tv works on both antenna & dvd. Bedroom tv only works on dvd - no antenna signal. Outside tv doesn’t work on either. It does appear that the outside HDMI cable is inoperative, but that doesn’t explain the antenna not working. Appreciate any input or suggestions.
All the TV signals from the antenna and cable come to the TVs by coax. HDMI signals are generated by some computer in the coach (Dish, DirectV, DVD). If one TV works on the antenna and another doesn't the problem is with the coax. The problem could be at the TV connection, splitter connection or the coax itself.
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 06:48 PM   #2240
Kev

THOR #3918
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beau388 View Post
It is under the left side of the kitchen sink's false floor (just above the water tank inside the coach. They should have shown it to you on the PDI.
Got it thanks.