RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
 

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Modifications and Updates
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 02-08-2018, 01:13 PM   #2661
Member
 
jdharrington's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 29M, 50Amp
State: Texas
Posts: 76
THOR #10418
Quote:
Originally Posted by BandG View Post
JD- that's weird...we got our Windsport 29M in early Dec and it came with the Axxera TV's.
Chris, after seeing your post yesterday I called Thor about the TVs in our 2018 29M.


I spoke with Brian and he told me that in early Feb 2017, Thor put out an order that the Sieki TVs would be replaced with Axxera TVs. In late Feb 2017 an amendment came out that the Sieki TVs would continue to be installed until the supply ran out.


My rig build started in March 2017. The inventory of bedroom and outside Sieki TV didn't run out in July 2017 and according to Brian that's when Thor started installing Axerra TVs in the bedroom and outside. The inventory of the living room TVs ran out mid-March, and according to the build sheet on my rig, Brian said we should have had a Axerra in the living room.


So, he submitted a request to his manager to allow replacement our TV in the living room. Late yesterday I got an email that Thor is going to reimburse me for the living room TV with an allowance of $300. I will need to return the Sieke TV to Thor once I purchase the replacement. Thor will pay for return shipping.


I was shocked, but very happy, when I got the email that they agreed to replace the Sieke! Now I need to figure out which TV will best fit in the living room as a replacement without to much modification to the hanging bracket.


Thanks,
__________________

__________________
JD & Eva H.
2018 Thor Windsport 29M
Good Sam Elite Member
USAF Veteran
jdharrington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 01:30 PM   #2662
Member
 
jdharrington's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 29M, 50Amp
State: Texas
Posts: 76
THOR #10418
Quote:
Originally Posted by DinoC41 View Post
Congrats on your purchase! We got our 29M exactly the year before, same month at MHSRV. As for the EMS, it was not difficult to install and I had no issues. There are several videos on YouTube that were a great help to me and the others who installed that unit. I think you will be okay!! Post pics when you are finished and good luck.

By the way, we love our 29M's!!!!

Dino, thanks for the help. I've been looking at YouTube searching for videos and found videos for other rigs, but not for the 29M. I've seen where the transfer switch for the 29M is under the bed. In some of the videos they also say you should make sure the battery disconnect switch is off.

I'm still getting familiar with where everything is located in our rig and some of the videos say to make sure the battery disconnect switch is off. Does the 29m have a battery disconnect switch? Did you install yours on the shore power side of the transfer switch?


We had quite a long list of issues when we took delivery, some of which the dealer still hasn't resolved, but we're getting there slowly. We haven't had a chance to take ours out for a trip yet. Regardless, we do love the 29m also!








Thanks!
__________________

__________________
JD & Eva H.
2018 Thor Windsport 29M
Good Sam Elite Member
USAF Veteran
jdharrington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 01:44 PM   #2663
Senior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Miramar 34.4
State: Virginia
Posts: 132
THOR #5560
jdharrington,

I have one of the Aussie grills and do not use it. Let me know if you are interested in it.
__________________
MiramarVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 01:45 PM   #2664
Member
 
jdharrington's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 29M, 50Amp
State: Texas
Posts: 76
THOR #10418
Turning drivers seat to rear hits steering on Winsport 29M

Quote:
Originally Posted by halfprice View Post
Remove the arm!! Lift arm to the upright position push in at the pivot point. May have to hit it with your palm. At the same time you hit it push the arm backwards. Rotate it til it stops then pull the arm off

JerryAttachment 8927Attachment 8928
Thanks Jerry, I will try next time in the rig.
__________________
JD & Eva H.
2018 Thor Windsport 29M
Good Sam Elite Member
USAF Veteran
jdharrington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 01:55 PM   #2665
Member
 
jdharrington's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 29M, 50Amp
State: Texas
Posts: 76
THOR #10418
Telescoping ladder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tfryman View Post

Thanks Shawn!
__________________
JD & Eva H.
2018 Thor Windsport 29M
Good Sam Elite Member
USAF Veteran
jdharrington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 04:10 PM   #2666
Site Team
 
16ACE27's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
Posts: 5,386
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdharrington View Post
Not sure if this has already been posted but if anyone is interested, attached are the wiring diagrams for the Thor Windsport 29M 30 & 50 amp service.

The first page is for the 30amp and second page is the 50amp.

The diagram is dated 11/17/2016.

I hope this helps someone.
You may have irked the copyright police.. Please Stand By!
__________________
Ted & Melinda
2016 ACE 27.1
2016 Chevy Sonic Toad
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Alternate Toad
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 04:20 PM   #2667
Kev
Senior Member
 
Kev's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport
State: Florida
Posts: 740
THOR #3918
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiramarVA View Post
jdharrington,

I have one of the Aussie grills and do not use it. Let me know if you are interested in it.
Smoke Hollow grill on Amazon, same as Aussie, $75.00 on Amazon.
__________________
Kev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 10:33 PM   #2668
Senior Member
 
DinoC41's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 29M
State: Texas
Posts: 1,145
THOR #2757
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdharrington View Post
Dino, thanks for the help. I've been looking at YouTube searching for videos and found videos for other rigs, but not for the 29M. I've seen where the transfer switch for the 29M is under the bed. In some of the videos they also say you should make sure the battery disconnect switch is off.

I'm still getting familiar with where everything is located in our rig and some of the videos say to make sure the battery disconnect switch is off. Does the 29m have a battery disconnect switch? Did you install yours on the shore power side of the transfer switch?


We had quite a long list of issues when we took delivery, some of which the dealer still hasn't resolved, but we're getting there slowly. We haven't had a chance to take ours out for a trip yet. Regardless, we do love the 29m also!








Thanks!

The battery disconnect switch is located on the right side of the main doorway along with switches for the awning and lights.

Yes, I installed the unit on the shore power side of the transfer switch.

Help that helps!

__________________
Dino & Angie
2017 Thor Windsport 29M

2012 Jeep Liberty Sport 4X4 (Toad)
FMCA: F463694
DinoC41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 10:44 PM   #2669
Senior Member
 
halfprice's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 29M
State: California
Posts: 2,707
THOR #3156
Dino is referring to the use/store switch. I also installed a battery disconnect at the battery.

Make sure its in store position, the generator is off, and youre not hooked up to shore power. You dont want any electrical power coming in to the motorhome

Jerry
__________________
https://www.thorforums.com/forums/f2...mods-4609.html
Jerry, Maria, and Sasha 6lb Yorkie
2017 Thor Hurricane 29M
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
FMCA # F464385
halfprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 10:57 PM   #2670
Member
 
jdharrington's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 29M, 50Amp
State: Texas
Posts: 76
THOR #10418
Battery Disconnect Switch

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinoC41 View Post
The battery disconnect switch is located on the right side of the main doorway along with switches for the awning and lights.

Yes, I installed the unit on the shore power side of the transfer switch.

Help that helps!

Dino, Thanks I didn't realize that the Use/Store switch was the battery disconnect switch.
__________________
JD & Eva H.
2018 Thor Windsport 29M
Good Sam Elite Member
USAF Veteran
jdharrington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 10:58 PM   #2671
Member
 
jdharrington's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 29M, 50Amp
State: Texas
Posts: 76
THOR #10418
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfprice View Post
Dino is referring to the use/store switch. I also installed a battery disconnect at the battery.

Make sure its in store position, the generator is off, and youre not hooked up to shore power. You dont want any electrical power coming in to the motorhome

Jerry
Thanks Jerry!
__________________
JD & Eva H.
2018 Thor Windsport 29M
Good Sam Elite Member
USAF Veteran
jdharrington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 10:33 AM   #2672
Senior Member
 
DinoC41's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 29M
State: Texas
Posts: 1,145
THOR #2757
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobia13 View Post
Are yours hard to recline . I had to tie a cord on mine as they were too hard to pull !

Yes, our theater seats are easy to recline. We just lean back (my wife has to push off with her feet on the lip of the seat).

__________________
Dino & Angie
2017 Thor Windsport 29M

2012 Jeep Liberty Sport 4X4 (Toad)
FMCA: F463694
DinoC41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 08:45 PM   #2673
Senior Member
 
halfprice's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 29M
State: California
Posts: 2,707
THOR #3156
Finished the love seat install today. I bought an oak board to put on the face of the slide. Was going to stain it like Rich did but didnt think Maria would like it. So a took a door off the kitchin cabinet and had home depot match the color. Put three coat of paint on it yesterday. Debated on wheather to counter sink the bolt but becided not to. After thr wood was installed i painted the screw heads

As for the heat venting that was coming out the side of the sofa. I bought some hvac fitting from home depot. In the one pic you can see it behind the love seat

The love seat is so much more comfortable than that sofa. Another must project


JerryClick image for larger version

Name:	20180209_121149.jpg
Views:	270
Size:	43.6 KB
ID:	8958Click image for larger version

Name:	20180209_120325.jpg
Views:	282
Size:	36.8 KB
ID:	8959Click image for larger version

Name:	20180205_101111.jpg
Views:	264
Size:	63.3 KB
ID:	8960
__________________
https://www.thorforums.com/forums/f2...mods-4609.html
Jerry, Maria, and Sasha 6lb Yorkie
2017 Thor Hurricane 29M
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
FMCA # F464385
halfprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 11:15 PM   #2674
Senior Member
 
DinoC41's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 29M
State: Texas
Posts: 1,145
THOR #2757
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfprice View Post
Finished the love seat install today. I bought an oak board to put on the face of the slide. Was going to stain it like Rich did but didnt think Maria would like it. So a took a door off the kitchin cabinet and had home depot match the color. Put three coat of paint on it yesterday. Debated on wheather to counter sink the bolt but becided not to. After thr wood was installed i painted the screw heads

As for the heat venting that was coming out the side of the sofa. I bought some hvac fitting from home depot. In the one pic you can see it behind the love seat

The love seat is so much more comfortable than that sofa. Another must project


JerryAttachment 8958Attachment 8959Attachment 8960


Well done my friend!!

__________________
Dino & Angie
2017 Thor Windsport 29M

2012 Jeep Liberty Sport 4X4 (Toad)
FMCA: F463694
DinoC41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 11:44 PM   #2675
Senior Member
 
SuperD's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
Posts: 3,692
THOR #5196
Looks really good Jerry, Great job!!!
__________________
USMC Veteran
FMCA 101070S

Dave & Myra
One day your life will flash before your eyes,
make sure it's worth watching!
SuperD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 12:15 AM   #2676
Senior Member
 
Rich&Cathy's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Ace 29.3
State: California
Posts: 200
THOR #6522
Awesome job Jerry! Don't forget to lock seat belts together when not needed. Then even if the recliners come loose they won't go flying around. I see you painted the vent also. Very nice job.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Thor RV Forum mobile app
__________________
Rich&Cathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 12:17 AM   #2677
Senior Member
 
Rich&Cathy's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Ace 29.3
State: California
Posts: 200
THOR #6522
Got my flagpole and brackets today along with a 9 " quad monitor still waiting on rest of cables. Got flag light and solar beacon.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Thor RV Forum mobile app
__________________
Rich&Cathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 01:50 AM   #2678
Senior Member
 
halfprice's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 29M
State: California
Posts: 2,707
THOR #3156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich&Cathy View Post
Awesome job Jerry! Don't forget to lock seat belts together when not needed. Then even if the recliners come loose they won't go flying around. I see you painted the vent also. Very nice job.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Thor RV Forum mobile app
I bolted the chairs down so they're not going to go anywhere and the seatbelts are already hooked up and I have them tucked in behind the backrest
__________________
https://www.thorforums.com/forums/f2...mods-4609.html
Jerry, Maria, and Sasha 6lb Yorkie
2017 Thor Hurricane 29M
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
FMCA # F464385
halfprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 04:49 AM   #2679
Senior Member
 
Rich&Cathy's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Ace 29.3
State: California
Posts: 200
THOR #6522
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfprice View Post
I bolted the chairs down so they're not going to go anywhere and the seatbelts are already hooked up and I have them tucked in behind the backrest
__________________
Rich&Cathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 08:30 PM   #2680
Senior Member
 
DinoC41's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 29M
State: Texas
Posts: 1,145
THOR #2757
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperD View Post
Looks really good Jerry, Great job!!!
Your turn now Dave!!!!

hehehe
__________________

__________________
Dino & Angie
2017 Thor Windsport 29M

2012 Jeep Liberty Sport 4X4 (Toad)
FMCA: F463694
DinoC41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.




All times are GMT. The time now is 10:07 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
×