Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Modifications and Updates
Click Here to Login

Old 05-12-2018, 03:59 PM   #2941

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 27K
State: Oregon
THOR #7634
I added a low pressure propane connection to the passenger side of the MH. I thought I had documented it on here, but couldn't find it. It works very nice and is pretty simple. PM me if you would like some details and pictures.

Tom

Quote:
Originally Posted by BandG View Post
Just want to thank everyone for contributing ideas, asking questions, etc. as it has all helped me get our RV updated for our liking.

Coleman Road Trip LXE - $130 at BJ's
we debated on which grill to choose for months.
some of our close friends have this & love it, so when it went on sale,
we bought it.

we'll use the 1 lb bottles for awhile, but I want to do the upgrade to use the on board propane at some point.

2015 Thor Windsport 27K
thutchis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 01:34 AM   #2942

Model: ACE 30.4
State: West Virginia
THOR #8716
Quote:
Steamboat - check Post #963, it has some pics also, but here is the jist of it:

"So I did some research and found out the arm rest are removable. To do this all you have to do is raise the armrest up, push in where the armrest rotates, then continue to rotate the arm until it faces the opposite way. Then pull it off. To reinstall, put it back on the same way it came out. No need to push on it. It will realign itself."

Much appreciated. That worked for removing the arms. Unfortunately, I wasn’t able to correct the sagging armrest issue by swapping out the arms or finding a way to adjust them. Thanks again.
Old 05-13-2018, 12:18 PM   #2943

Model: Windsport 29M, 50Amp
State: Louisiana
THOR #10418
Quote:
Just want to thank everyone for contributing ideas, asking questions, etc. as it has all helped me get our RV updated for our liking.

We're leaving next weekend for our first extended trip, just under 2 weeks long.
To date, we've had a grand total of 3 nights sleeping in our Windsport.
We're excited & really looking forward to the new adventure
(just me, DW & our furry family member)

We'll be flat towing our Jeep Wrangler (2 door, manual) for the first time too.

All storage bays have been organized/optimized.
I washed our baby (mostly by hand) to get those darn black streaks off.

Mods Completed this week:
Inside Step Cover - used 3/4" Lauan plywood from Lowe's ($28)
I added some carpet to hide the wood edges from bare toes during the night. (see pics below)
Battery Qwik Fill (Flow Rite MP200 & RV pump 2020)
this was super easy & cost me about $70 for peace of mind

Rear Trac bar (Brazel's, Ultra Trac) - Really happy this is now done!
- I built some ramps using 2x10 lumber. I went 3 boards high. Was able to use my creeper OK, but think I will add a 4th board for the future.

I ran into the same problem someone else had recently...the holes for the passenger sway bar spacer were off just a tad. After messing with it for too long, I finally just bored the holes out a little & got it going.

A couple of recent purchases to make life on the road a little cozier...
Fold-away side table $6 (I bought 2 now..gonna use them inside & out)
6.5' x 6.5' canopy - $30 at Ollie's
we bought it.

we'll use the 1 lb bottles for awhile, but I want to do the upgrade to use the on board propane at some point.
Hi BandG,

Very nice job and a great idea on the entrance step cover. We have a 2018 Windsport 29m and that is a mod I am definitely going to do.

I have a question about the switches on the entrance panel. What is the light that I see on the right switch of the 2 upper switches? Also, it looks as though your switches are labeled. The only switches that were labeled in our coach are the switches in the bottom row.

Thank You
USAF Veteran
jdharrington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 03:18 PM   #2944

Model: Windsport 27K
State: Oregon
THOR #7634
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdharrington View Post

I have a question about the switches on the entrance panel. What is the light that I see on the right switch of the 2 upper switches? Also, it looks as though your switches are labeled. The only switches that were labeled in our coach are the switches in the bottom row.

Thank You
I have a 27K and the right switch controls the LED strip light on the awning roller. You can't see it until the awning is deployed.

I labeled my switches during my lighting upgrade. I have a picture at the bottom of the posting, here. As you can see I forgot about the awning light and labeled the switch incorrectly as the step switch.
2015 Thor Windsport 27K
thutchis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 01:44 AM   #2945

Model: Windsport 29M
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #10254
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdharrington View Post
Hi BandG,

Very nice job and a great idea on the entrance step cover. We have a 2018 Windsport 29m and that is a mod I am definitely going to do.

Thank You
JD- I'll add a picture...hopefully it comes thru properly.

The lighted one is titled: Main Power

The top 2 switches aren't labelled, but Top Left is inside lights and Top Right is awning lights (our awning LED's light up whether the awning is in or out).

The rest are all labeled.

Hope that helps.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Switch names (2).jpg
Views:	154
Size:	71.6 KB
ID:	10242  
Old 05-14-2018, 01:57 AM   #2946

THOR #10254
Quote:
Originally Posted by thutchis View Post
I added a low pressure propane connection to the passenger side of the MH. I thought I had documented it on here, but couldn't find it. It works very nice and is pretty simple. PM me if you would like some details and pictures.

Tom
Thanks Tom. My unit came with a low pressure connection, but I will need to modify the grill to make it work properly.

There is a company called Torjik that sells conversion kits, but I'm not sure if they're carrying the Coleman brand kit any more.

I've also seen a few videos where people did it themselves, but I'm gonna take it slow for now...Propane isn't my strong suit!
Old 05-14-2018, 03:22 AM   #2947

THOR #10254
Quote:
Thanks Tom. My unit came with a low pressure connection, but I will need to modify the grill to make it work properly.

There is a company called Torjik that sells conversion kits, but I'm not sure if they're carrying the Coleman brand kit any more.

I've also seen a few videos where people did it themselves, but I'm gonna take it slow for now...Propane isn't my strong suit!
Looks like the kit I need is this guy...(luckily, it's still around)...

Coleman® Roadtrip RV Quick-Connect Kit *GEN 2*-12 Ft. - propanegear

They also sell Weber Q conversions & some Blackstone grill conversion kits, among others.
Old 05-14-2018, 04:12 AM   #2948

State: Texas
THOR #2757
Quote:

We're leaving next weekend for our first extended trip, just under 2 weeks long.
To date, we've had a grand total of 3 nights sleeping in our Windsport.
We're excited & really looking forward to the new adventure
(just me, DW & our furry family member)

We'll be flat towing our Jeep Wrangler (2 door, manual) for the first time too.

All storage bays have been organized/optimized.
I washed our baby (mostly by hand) to get those darn black streaks off.

Mods Completed this week:
Inside Step Cover - used 3/4" Lauan plywood from Lowe's ($28)
I added some carpet to hide the wood edges from bare toes during the night. (see pics below)
Battery Qwik Fill (Flow Rite MP200 & RV pump 2020)
this was super easy & cost me about $70 for peace of mind

Rear Trac bar (Brazel's, Ultra Trac) - Really happy this is now done!
- I built some ramps using 2x10 lumber. I went 3 boards high. Was able to use my creeper OK, but think I will add a 4th board for the future.

I ran into the same problem someone else had recently...the holes for the passenger sway bar spacer were off just a tad. After messing with it for too long, I finally just bored the holes out a little & got it going.

A couple of recent purchases to make life on the road a little cozier...
Fold-away side table $6 (I bought 2 now..gonna use them inside & out)
6.5' x 6.5' canopy - $30 at Ollie's
we bought it.

Sweet job on your step cover!!!!! Congrats on the other mods too!!!!

2012 Jeep Liberty Sport 4X4 (Toad)
FMCA: F463694
DinoC41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 10:45 AM   #2949

Model: Windsport 29M, 50Amp
State: Louisiana
THOR #10418
Quote:
JD- I'll add a picture...hopefully it comes thru properly.

The lighted one is titled: Main Power

The top 2 switches aren't labelled, but Top Left is inside lights and Top Right is awning lights (our awning LED's light up whether the awning is in or out).

The rest are all labeled.

Hope that helps.
BandG - Your picture came through and it's apparent that Thor installs different versions of switches in the Windsport 29M. Ours is a 2018 Windsport 29M also.

Our rig is in for service so I don't have access to our rig at this time to take a picture, but ours only has 2 rows of switches.

The bottom row has 4 switches, one of them labeled as "use" or "store" which is the main power or battery disconnect. The top row has 2 switches, and is same as yours, one being the inside light and the other switch is the awning LED's. Our awning lights also work whether the awning is in or out.

We don't have any light indicating main power is on.

Thanks for the pictures and information
USAF Veteran
jdharrington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 10:01 AM   #2950
Red

Model: Hurricane 29M
State: Ohio
THOR #10451
Converter

Hello,

Was looking into updating the converter. Decided to stick with the original and see how things go. After looking it up, the reviews are good. I did stumble on suggested mounting and well, Thor screwed the pooch. The unit should be mounted with the fan on the bottom or side. Mine was mounted with the fan on top and so close to the bottom of the board the bed sits on that no air could move anyway. There was enough slack in the line to move it to a sideways mount. Now we have much less fan noise and pc of mind. I recommend having a look at yours to see if you have the same problem.

Our track bar came in. BUT not in the original package and missing over half the parts. UPS must have busted the box and didn't get all the parts in the repack job. Called and a new one shipped in minutes.

We ran to the Hocking Hills a couple weeks back and must say the CHF and Dampener made a huge difference. Looking forward to the Track Bar and rear CHF.

Thanks to all for posting your work and observations. They have saved much aggravation and helped make our unit more usable.

Red
2011 BMW M3 Convertible
Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 11:40 AM   #2951

THOR #10254
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red View Post
Hello,

Was looking into updating the converter. Decided to stick with the original and see how things go. After looking it up, the reviews are good. I did stumble on suggested mounting and well, Thor screwed the pooch. The unit should be mounted with the fan on the bottom or side. Mine was mounted with the fan on top and so close to the bottom of the board the bed sits on that no air could move anyway. There was enough slack in the line to move it to a sideways mount. Now we have much less fan noise and pc of mind. I recommend having a look at yours to see if you have the same problem.

Our track bar came in. BUT not in the original package and missing over half the parts. UPS must have busted the box and didn't get all the parts in the repack job. Called and a new one shipped in minutes.

We ran to the Hocking Hills a couple weeks back and must say the CHF and Dampener made a huge difference. Looking forward to the Track Bar and rear CHF.

Thanks to all for posting your work and observations. They have saved much aggravation and helped make our unit more usable.

Red
Red- Thanks for sharing, I'll check my converter install today.

Which rear trac bar did you go with?
Old 05-16-2018, 08:45 PM   #2952

State: California
THOR #7902
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcbenny View Post
Fits snug, trim exhaust pipe to proper length and install this weekend

No problems with curbs or speed bumps?
Old 05-16-2018, 09:15 PM   #2953

THOR #7902
Lower Bathroom Fan

I can't figure out what controls the little fan in the wall between bathroom and living area. It's down near the bottom of the wall. Does anyone know what controls this little fan?

Thank you.
Old 05-16-2018, 09:47 PM   #2954

Model: Ace 29.3
THOR #6522
Quote:
Originally Posted by Makerofsawdust View Post
I can't figure out what controls the little fan in the wall between bathroom and living area. It's down near the bottom of the wall. Does anyone know what controls this little fan?

Thank you.
If its like mine I believe it is an air intake for the heater. Just a guess not confirmed.
Old 05-16-2018, 10:04 PM   #2955

Model: Ace 29.3
THOR #6522
Wow it is a fan! Lol I'm stumped
Old 05-16-2018, 10:31 PM   #2956

State: Arizona
THOR #9747
It's a fan that runs when the heater is on. Draws heat from the main area to the bathroom. At least that's what mine does.
Old 05-17-2018, 12:06 AM   #2957
Red

State: Ohio
THOR #10451
Quote:
Red- Thanks for sharing, I'll check my converter install today.

Which rear trac bar did you go with?

Ordered the UTF53V8R from www.ultrarvproducts.com. They are responsive and great to work with.
2011 BMW M3 Convertible
Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 12:40 AM   #2958

Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
THOR #5196
Quote:
Originally Posted by Makerofsawdust View Post

Thank you.
Like AZ said, small pancake fan that blows warm air into the bathroom from main living area. The fan only works with the heater and is on the same control as the main blower fan. Does help to add a little heat when it’s cold!
Old 05-17-2018, 03:19 AM   #2959

THOR #7902
Quote:
Originally Posted by Az Ernie View Post
It's a fan that runs when the heater is on. Draws heat from the main area to the bathroom. At least that's what mine does.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperD View Post
Like AZ said, small pancake fan that blows warm air into the bathroom from main living area. The fan only works with the heater and is on the same control as the main blower fan. Does help to add a little heat when it’s cold!
Thanks guys! I will definitely check that out.
Old 05-19-2018, 04:17 PM   #2960

THOR #8977
The little fan between bathroom/kitchen in my 29M was completely loose and “floating” between the two wall panels. Ordered new 2.5” black machine screws and secured the fan to the kitchen side wall. Had to do some contortions to put the lock washers and nuts on from inside the bathroom, but managed to finally succeed. Not sure it changed anything, but my OCD is happy.
Eeeride is offline   Reply With Quote