RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
 

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Modifications and Updates
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 06-30-2018, 05:08 AM   #3201
Senior Member
 
halfprice's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 29M
State: California
Posts: 2,710
THOR #3156
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTraveler View Post
Hey Jerry, I didnít read the entire thread but was curious if you opened up the wall panel in the cabinet behind the antenna booster switch? There is a cable splitter there. On mine, the coax to the dinette TV was so loose it could not get a cable or antenna signal. When I tightened it down, it fixed the problem. Donít know if you already tried that or not.
Yes i openned it up. They were all fairly tight. I tighten everything up and still not working. Ill mess with it more when i get home

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
__________________

__________________
https://www.thorforums.com/forums/f2...mods-4609.html
Jerry, Maria, and Sasha 6lb Yorkie
2017 Thor Hurricane 29M
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
FMCA # F464385
halfprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 05:10 AM   #3202
Senior Member
 
halfprice's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 29M
State: California
Posts: 2,710
THOR #3156
Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaMo View Post
Thanks for the head's up. Did you tap into the fuse box you mentioned? I'm thinking I may need to do that if the output at the toad doesn't jump up to 13.5 -- 14volts when I power up the MH, showing that it's actually charging.

GM has amended their instructions on towing the Equinox. There is a different fuse I have to pull and because of that, and because certain things will be powered up in the car, they now say to run a charge line to keep the battery up.

If you did tap into that fuse box, do you remember which fuse you connected with?

Kent
I did not. I wanted the 12vt line for something different not power. Thought if it was there it would save me the time not having to run a new line. No luck had to run tge line.

Jerry

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
__________________

__________________
https://www.thorforums.com/forums/f2...mods-4609.html
Jerry, Maria, and Sasha 6lb Yorkie
2017 Thor Hurricane 29M
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
FMCA # F464385
halfprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 05:35 PM   #3203
Senior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: California
Posts: 149
THOR #6863
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmblaster View Post
kent here is dia sent to me from thor its F5 a 30 amp mini fuse
Thanks, Richard.
__________________
PapaMo & the Rev
2017 Windsport 29M, 50 amp
2016 Chevy Equinox LTZ, toad
ReadyBrute Elite towing & braking
PapaMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 01:14 AM   #3204
Senior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: California
Posts: 149
THOR #6863
CHF done...

I finally got the CHF done up front. My son, my IR impact driver, and a scissors jack made it all reasonably easy. The rear comes next, but not as important as the front from what I hear. My Saf-T-Plus is also waiting to be installed. Going to try to finish all that this week before we head down to Julian for a few days.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Frnt CHF.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	98.2 KB
ID:	11118  
__________________
PapaMo & the Rev
2017 Windsport 29M, 50 amp
2016 Chevy Equinox LTZ, toad
ReadyBrute Elite towing & braking
PapaMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 02:01 AM   #3205
Senior Member
 
DinoC41's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 29M
State: Texas
Posts: 1,145
THOR #2757
Birthday fun!!

Instead of talking about Mods, I thought I would share a little of my Birthday fun yesterday. Angie and I met my brother, Dennis and sister, Donna in Arlington, Texas to attend a Texas Rangers baseball game. Dennis and Donna drove down from Oklahoma and we drove down from Lubbock. We spent the night at the Ball Park's RV parking lot and had a blast!!!! Great 24 hour trip!!

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2018 Baseball Trip (26).jpg
Views:	104
Size:	82.6 KB
ID:	11119   Click image for larger version

Name:	2018 Baseball Trip (24).jpg
Views:	101
Size:	92.1 KB
ID:	11120  

Click image for larger version

Name:	2018 Baseball Trip (16).jpg
Views:	100
Size:	49.6 KB
ID:	11121   Click image for larger version

Name:	2018 Baseball Trip (25).jpg
Views:	90
Size:	97.3 KB
ID:	11122  

__________________
Dino & Angie
2017 Thor Windsport 29M

2012 Jeep Liberty Sport 4X4 (Toad)
FMCA: F463694
DinoC41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 02:01 AM   #3206
Senior Member
 
DinoC41's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 29M
State: Texas
Posts: 1,145
THOR #2757
Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaMo View Post
I finally got the CHF done up front. My son, my IR impact driver, and a scissors jack made it all reasonably easy. The rear comes next, but not as important as the front from what I hear. My Saf-T-Plus is also waiting to be installed. Going to try to finish all that this week before we head down to Julian for a few days.
Well done!!!!

__________________
Dino & Angie
2017 Thor Windsport 29M

2012 Jeep Liberty Sport 4X4 (Toad)
FMCA: F463694
DinoC41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 02:51 AM   #3207
Senior Member
 
BandG's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 29M
State: Pennsylvania
Posts: 222
THOR #10254
Quote:
Originally Posted by DinoC41 View Post
Instead of talking about Mods, I thought I would share a little of my Birthday fun yesterday. Angie and I met my brother, Dennis and sister, Donna in Arlington, Texas to attend a Texas Rangers baseball game. Dennis and Donna drove down from Oklahoma and we drove down from Lubbock. We spent the night at the Ball Park's RV parking lot and had a blast!!!! Great 24 hour trip!!

Happy Birthday, sounds like a great time with your clone... I mean brother !

By the way, who won the game?
__________________
Bryce, Gracia & Shadow (4 yr old mini-Daschund mix)
US Army vet- 82nd Airborne Div
BandG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 04:04 AM   #3208
Senior Member
 
SuperD's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
Posts: 3,692
THOR #5196
Quote:
Originally Posted by DinoC41 View Post
Instead of talking about Mods, I thought I would share a little of my Birthday fun yesterday. Angie and I met my brother, Dennis and sister, Donna in Arlington, Texas to attend a Texas Rangers baseball game. Dennis and Donna drove down from Oklahoma and we drove down from Lubbock. We spent the night at the Ball Park's RV parking lot and had a blast!!!! Great 24 hour trip!!

Looks like Great fun! Our best to all of you, enjoy!
__________________
USMC Veteran
FMCA 101070S

Dave & Myra
One day your life will flash before your eyes,
make sure it's worth watching!
SuperD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 05:28 AM   #3209
Senior Member
 
halfprice's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 29M
State: California
Posts: 2,710
THOR #3156
Happy birthday again Dino. Cant wait til October when we meet up for the balloon festival

Jerry

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
__________________
https://www.thorforums.com/forums/f2...mods-4609.html
Jerry, Maria, and Sasha 6lb Yorkie
2017 Thor Hurricane 29M
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
FMCA # F464385
halfprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 05:30 AM   #3210
Senior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: California
Posts: 149
THOR #6863
Happy birthday, Dino!

Kent
__________________
PapaMo & the Rev
2017 Windsport 29M, 50 amp
2016 Chevy Equinox LTZ, toad
ReadyBrute Elite towing & braking
PapaMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 05:36 AM   #3211
Senior Member
 
halfprice's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 29M
State: California
Posts: 2,710
THOR #3156
Well we are back home from Kernville. Had a good trip. It was hot outside but the 2 a/cs kept us cool. Fishing was good only one day. We got eight trout and cooked them up for dinner that night. Sorry but i didnt take a single pic the entire trip.

We tubed down the kern river a couple times each day. Lots of fun.

So while driving i got a check engine light. It came on just as we got to the summit of the gradevine.

Maria got the Ford manual and it appeared it was an emission problem. So i kept driving. Once i got home i hooked up the obd11. It showed a misfire. Cleared it out and the light went off. Something to watch on the next trip.

The obd11 from amazon worked great. I need to remember to hook it up before going on trips.

Jerry

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
__________________
https://www.thorforums.com/forums/f2...mods-4609.html
Jerry, Maria, and Sasha 6lb Yorkie
2017 Thor Hurricane 29M
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
FMCA # F464385
halfprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 06:39 AM   #3212
Senior Member
 
rmblaster's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 31S
State: California
Posts: 154
THOR #3788
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfprice View Post
Well we are back home from Kernville. Had a good trip. It was hot outside but the 2 a/cs kept us cool. Fishing was good only one day. We got eight trout and cooked them up for dinner that night. Sorry but i didnt take a single pic the entire trip.

We tubed down the kern river a couple times each day. Lots of fun.

So while driving i got a check engine light. It came on just as we got to the summit of the gradevine.

Maria got the Ford manual and it appeared it was an emission problem. So i kept driving. Once i got home i hooked up the obd11. It showed a misfire. Cleared it out and the light went off. Something to watch on the next trip.

The obd11 from amazon worked great. I need to remember to hook it up before going on trips.

Jerry

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Jerry you mite want to check that your gas cap is on with a good seal

Richard
__________________
Richard M / Carol B
2020 Entegra Accolade 37K
2019 Ford ranger
FMCA #F432587
rmblaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 07:26 AM   #3213
Senior Member
 
halfprice's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 29M
State: California
Posts: 2,710
THOR #3156
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmblaster View Post
Jerry you mite want to check that your gas cap is on with a good seal

Richard
Yes and thanks Richard that was in the book also. It was tight.
__________________
https://www.thorforums.com/forums/f2...mods-4609.html
Jerry, Maria, and Sasha 6lb Yorkie
2017 Thor Hurricane 29M
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
FMCA # F464385
halfprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 08:55 PM   #3214
Senior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: California
Posts: 149
THOR #6863
Rear CHF

Now I'm on the rear. After removing the z-brackets, did anyone have to loosen the top of the 2 connecting/tierods to get them to swing into place? I didn't need to with the front -- they swung fairly easy.

I can force them back and forth, but they want to spring back to their original position. Kind of has a rubbery feel, like I'm putting a bit of stress on the bushings. Maybe that's okay?

Any advice would be appreciated...

Kent
__________________
PapaMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 09:02 PM   #3215
Senior Member
 
DinoC41's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 29M
State: Texas
Posts: 1,145
THOR #2757
Quote:
Originally Posted by BandG View Post
Happy Birthday, sounds like a great time with your clone... I mean brother !

By the way, who won the game?
The Rangers kicked butt and took names...they won 13-4

__________________
Dino & Angie
2017 Thor Windsport 29M

2012 Jeep Liberty Sport 4X4 (Toad)
FMCA: F463694
DinoC41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 09:07 PM   #3216
Senior Member
 
DinoC41's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 29M
State: Texas
Posts: 1,145
THOR #2757
New tow dolly

We ordered the ACME "EZ TOW" Tow Dolly and she was delivered today. We got a great deal plus the Spare tire was no charge!! I used an old tool bag to stow the tire straps and gear!!

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20180702_102952.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	134.7 KB
ID:	11136   Click image for larger version

Name:	20180702_111932.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	118.4 KB
ID:	11137  

Click image for larger version

Name:	20180702_111944.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	111.9 KB
ID:	11138   Click image for larger version

Name:	20180702_121945.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	110.9 KB
ID:	11139  

__________________
Dino & Angie
2017 Thor Windsport 29M

2012 Jeep Liberty Sport 4X4 (Toad)
FMCA: F463694
DinoC41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 09:10 PM   #3217
Senior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: California
Posts: 149
THOR #6863
Quote:
Originally Posted by DinoC41 View Post
We ordered the ACME "EZ TOW" Tow Dolly and she was delivered today. We got a great deal plus the Spare tire was no charge!! I used an old tool bag to stow the tire straps and gear!!

You are all set to hit the road!

Kent
__________________
PapaMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 11:06 PM   #3218
Senior Member
 
SuperD's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
Posts: 3,692
THOR #5196
Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaMo View Post
Now I'm on the rear. After removing the z-brackets, did anyone have to loosen the top of the 2 connecting/tierods to get them to swing into place? I didn't need to with the front -- they swung fairly easy.

I can force them back and forth, but they want to spring back to their original position. Kind of has a rubbery feel, like I'm putting a bit of stress on the bushings. Maybe that's okay?

Any advice would be appreciated...

Kent
Mine were frozen too, a liberal amount of WD40 and a few vigorous hits with a hammer freed bushings up. I did loosen the nuts first.
__________________
USMC Veteran
FMCA 101070S

Dave & Myra
One day your life will flash before your eyes,
make sure it's worth watching!
SuperD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 11:08 PM   #3219
Senior Member
 
SuperD's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
Posts: 3,692
THOR #5196
Quote:
Originally Posted by DinoC41 View Post
We ordered the ACME "EZ TOW" Tow Dolly and she was delivered today. We got a great deal plus the Spare tire was no charge!! I used an old tool bag to stow the tire straps and gear!!

Looks good Dino! Should work great! Just remember to stop after a few miles and recheck the straps, they tend to loosen up!
__________________
USMC Veteran
FMCA 101070S

Dave & Myra
One day your life will flash before your eyes,
make sure it's worth watching!
SuperD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 11:45 PM   #3220
Senior Member
 
jpmihalk's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 35C
State: South Dakota
Posts: 1,132
THOR #3761
Most excellent! Definitely check those new straps after 50 miles or so and then again fairly often.
__________________

__________________
John
2016 Thor Hurricane 35C with pups Piper and Annabelle
2013 Ford Fiesta toad
FMCA - F457085
Blog - https://traversity.us
jpmihalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.




All times are GMT. The time now is 06:09 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
×