RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
 

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Modifications and Updates
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 01-22-2020, 02:24 AM   #4661
Junior Member
 
TonyStuart's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 27k
State: Missouri
Posts: 25
THOR #13292
Radio uograde

Finally had enough of the oem Jenson. Went with a Stinger brand! Bigger and better screen and user friendly controls! Love it!
__________________

__________________
TonyStuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 03:58 AM   #4662
Senior Member
 
halfprice's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 29M
State: California
Posts: 2,706
THOR #3156
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyStuart View Post
Finally had enough of the oem Jenson. Went with a Stinger brand! Bigger and better screen and user friendly controls! Love it!
Tony
Did you have the Jenson up front on the dash. Only Jenson I have is in the bedroom

With that said I'd like to replace the junk stereo up front in the dash

Jerry
__________________

__________________
https://www.thorforums.com/forums/f2...mods-4609.html
Jerry, Maria, and Sasha 6lb Yorkie
2017 Thor Hurricane 29M
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
FMCA # F464385
halfprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 02:36 PM   #4663
Junior Member
 
TonyStuart's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 27k
State: Missouri
Posts: 25
THOR #13292
I’m sorry. I thought it was a Jenson but it was that Axxis or whatever that kept having the issues of when it wanted to work. The Stinger has a bigger and brighter screen, user friendly with Bluetooth etc.
__________________
TonyStuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 02:49 PM   #4664
Senior Member
 
ducksface's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2018 24.1 AXISSIXxSIX
State: Arizona
Posts: 2,850
THOR #13932
Jerry,
If you haven't replaced your radio before the spring meet, you can come see my 9 inch android with weather radar maps and torque and maps and iexit and Alexa and Google home.
I'm pretty happy with it and you can push buttons all you want to see if it'll do for you.
There are too many brands of them to mention but they're all pretty close to the same. I think there's a 13inch screen available now.
__________________
Below is a link to most of my modifications either accomplished or pending.
https://www.thorforums.com/forums/f2...n-18996-3.html

Click on my pictures then click the pop-up for a full screen zoomable picture.
ducksface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 04:41 PM   #4665
Senior Member
 
halfprice's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 29M
State: California
Posts: 2,706
THOR #3156
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducksface View Post
Jerry,
If you haven't replaced your radio before the spring meet, you can come see my 9 inch android with weather radar maps and torque and maps and iexit and Alexa and Google home.
I'm pretty happy with it and you can push buttons all you want to see if it'll do for you.
There are too many brands of them to mention but they're all pretty close to the same. I think there's a 13inch screen available now.
I dont have any plans to change it now. Just something I might do at some point. I dont even use it. On occasion to play a CD. When driving I found I like the quite. I get into driving mode and cruise down the road


Jerry
__________________
https://www.thorforums.com/forums/f2...mods-4609.html
Jerry, Maria, and Sasha 6lb Yorkie
2017 Thor Hurricane 29M
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
FMCA # F464385
halfprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 04:52 PM   #4666
Senior Member
 
ducksface's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2018 24.1 AXISSIXxSIX
State: Arizona
Posts: 2,850
THOR #13932
I bet we haven't had the vehicle radio on for a total of 100hrs in 45 years.

On long trips we occasionally listen to books.
We'd rather talk to each other than listen to Sweet Home Alabama for the umpteenth time.

We bought the radio for the Android abilities and the 9" 1080 screen.
I don't know if it's even hooked up to the radio antenna...haven't tried the radio since the install.
__________________
Below is a link to most of my modifications either accomplished or pending.
https://www.thorforums.com/forums/f2...n-18996-3.html

Click on my pictures then click the pop-up for a full screen zoomable picture.
ducksface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 06:22 PM   #4667
Senior Member
 
Brand: Still Looking
Model: Newmar Bay Star Sport 300
State: Alabama
Posts: 3,027
THOR #6826
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducksface View Post
I bet we haven't had the vehicle radio on for a total of 100hrs in 45 years.

On long trips we occasionally listen to books.
We'd rather talk to each other than listen to Sweet Home Alabama for the umpteenth time.

We bought the radio for the Android abilities and the 9" 1080 screen.
I don't know if it's even hooked up to the radio antenna...haven't tried the radio since the install.


Me too. Hardly ever use it on the road.
__________________
Pete'sMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 08:58 PM   #4668
Senior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: SOB 2014 Meridian 36M
State: Washington
Posts: 980
THOR #7205
We rarely have music on while driving as well. There's just too much "other noise" going on in the MH to be able to enjoy the music. Whether it's navigating or just talk it's just nicer while driving. I will hookup my ipod or bluetooth Pandora if we are sitting playing games.
__________________
Pat & Becky & now Katie
Wenatchee, WA
99dart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 10:40 PM   #4669
Junior Member
 
TonyStuart's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 27k
State: Missouri
Posts: 25
THOR #13292
I had the oem radio replaced twice. Last one was the Jenson JRV 212. It was working but I wanted a better sounding system so changed the head unit and got a better one with more options, added better speakers and a subwoofer. I can drive and listen to music comfortably now.
__________________
TonyStuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 10:48 PM   #4670
Senior Member
 
jannnda's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 31Z Hurricane
State: Texas
Posts: 568
THOR #14120
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99dart View Post
We rarely have music on while driving as well. There's just too much "other noise" going on in the MH to be able to enjoy the music. Whether it's navigating or just talk it's just nicer while driving. I will hookup my ipod or bluetooth Pandora if we are sitting playing games.


My dw and I never use the radio when we are underway. We do use the outdoor speakers with our iPod and inside when the weather is bad. I have done everything I can think of to take the noise out of the rig... but itís still noisy and we found adding the radio made it almost impossible to talk to each other.
__________________
jannnda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 10:57 PM   #4671
Junior Member
 
TonyStuart's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 27k
State: Missouri
Posts: 25
THOR #13292
Cabin fans

One has quit. Mine are black and have no name on them I can locate. Any advice where to locate a match or to upgrade if available? I like the air movement they provide. Thank you in advance!
__________________
TonyStuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 11:22 PM   #4672
Junior Member
 
Mike from Alabama's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane
State: Alabama
Posts: 14
THOR #14362
Verify House batteries being charged

Checking the voltage at the use store relay or waiting a few days and finding the batteries dead are two options when on shore power. The use/store light is on whether you are in USE or STORE positions on the switch if you are on Shore power. I installed a LED voltage gage with a 12V power plug at the foot of the bed in our 31Z. I installed the positive wire on the House battery side of the use/store relay. I installed a ground wire at the common ground next to the converter. Sorry pictures are sideways.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	usestorerelay.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	118.1 KB
ID:	22297   Click image for larger version

Name:	voltageLED.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	115.3 KB
ID:	22298  

__________________
Mike, Shasta and Molly mini Dachshund
2018 Thor Hurricane 31Z
2014 Chevrolet Spark
Mike from Alabama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 10:09 AM   #4673
Senior Member
 
DinoC41's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 29M
State: Texas
Posts: 1,145
THOR #2757
12v flexible reading lamps

Another mod bites the dust!!! I installed 2 12V flexible reading lamps in the bedroom of our 2017 Thor Windsport 29M. A few of my friends on the Facebook Thor Windsport/Hurricane Motorhome Owners group have completed this mod too!

Check out the pictures below!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	12V Flexible Reading Lamp.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	82.9 KB
ID:	22315   Click image for larger version

Name:	Genuine Marine 3W Flexible Gooseneck RV 12V Reading Lamp.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	32.2 KB
ID:	22316  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Genuine Marine RV Boat Gooseneck 12V Reading Lamps.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	27.5 KB
ID:	22317   Click image for larger version

Name:	LED READING LIGHT.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	40.6 KB
ID:	22318  

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200121_120950.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	58.6 KB
ID:	22319   Click image for larger version

Name:	20200121_120959.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	59.9 KB
ID:	22320  

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200122_070845.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	38.3 KB
ID:	22321  
__________________
Dino & Angie
2017 Thor Windsport 29M

2012 Jeep Liberty Sport 4X4 (Toad)
FMCA: F463694
DinoC41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2020, 03:32 PM   #4674
Senior Member
 
upnyfolks's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 29M
State: New York
Posts: 148
THOR #5875
[QUOTE=DinoC41;220797]Another mod bites the dust!!! I installed 2 12V flexible reading lamps in the bedroom of our 2017 Thor Windsport 29M. A few of my friends on the Facebook Thor Windsport/Hurricane Motorhome Owners group have completed this mod too!

Very Nice!!! Looks like another mod I will have to complete.
__________________
upnyfolks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2020, 02:41 AM   #4675
Senior Member
 
SuperD's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
Posts: 3,692
THOR #5196
Nice work Dino, looks great!!!
__________________
USMC Veteran
FMCA 101070S

Dave & Myra
One day your life will flash before your eyes,
make sure it's worth watching!
SuperD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2020, 01:23 PM   #4676
Senior Member
 
DinoC41's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 29M
State: Texas
Posts: 1,145
THOR #2757
[QUOTE=upnyfolks;220912]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DinoC41 View Post
Another mod bites the dust!!! I installed 2 12V flexible reading lamps in the bedroom of our 2017 Thor Windsport 29M. A few of my friends on the Facebook Thor Windsport/Hurricane Motorhome Owners group have completed this mod too!

Very Nice!!! Looks like another mod I will have to complete.
__________________
Dino & Angie
2017 Thor Windsport 29M

2012 Jeep Liberty Sport 4X4 (Toad)
FMCA: F463694
DinoC41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2020, 01:24 PM   #4677
Senior Member
 
DinoC41's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 29M
State: Texas
Posts: 1,145
THOR #2757
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperD View Post
Nice work Dino, looks great!!!
__________________
Dino & Angie
2017 Thor Windsport 29M

2012 Jeep Liberty Sport 4X4 (Toad)
FMCA: F463694
DinoC41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2020, 01:27 PM   #4678
Senior Member
 
DinoC41's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 29M
State: Texas
Posts: 1,145
THOR #2757
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from Alabama View Post
Checking the voltage at the use store relay or waiting a few days and finding the batteries dead are two options when on shore power. The use/store light is on whether you are in USE or STORE positions on the switch if you are on Shore power. I installed a LED voltage gage with a 12V power plug at the foot of the bed in our 31Z. I installed the positive wire on the House battery side of the use/store relay. I installed a ground wire at the common ground next to the converter. Sorry pictures are sideways.
Well done Mike...this is the system I use to check my voltage, etc, etc
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20180806_175508.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	123.4 KB
ID:	22341   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20180806-180758.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	47.8 KB
ID:	22342  

__________________
Dino & Angie
2017 Thor Windsport 29M

2012 Jeep Liberty Sport 4X4 (Toad)
FMCA: F463694
DinoC41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2020, 01:12 AM   #4679
Junior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Arkansas
Posts: 6
THOR #17947
Newbie

I guess Iím three years late getting to the party. I just read this whole thread so I would know what was going on and to learn about my 2019 Windsport 29m. Iíve picked up a lot of information from this thread. As I actually havenít been anywhere in my new RV yet, Iím waiting to decide which mods I will want to do. Before our first outing next month I definitely will double check some of the items mentioned that slipped past Thorís lack of quality control. Thanks to everyone that has put in the time to share their wisdom for newbies like me to find all this info in one place
__________________
AtomicPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2020, 04:43 AM   #4680
Senior Member
 
halfprice's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 29M
State: California
Posts: 2,706
THOR #3156
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicPunk View Post
I guess Iím three years late getting to the party. I just read this whole thread so I would know what was going on and to learn about my 2019 Windsport 29m. Iíve picked up a lot of information from this thread. As I actually havenít been anywhere in my new RV yet, Iím waiting to decide which mods I will want to do. Before our first outing next month I definitely will double check some of the items mentioned that slipped past Thorís lack of quality control. Thanks to everyone that has put in the time to share their wisdom for newbies like me to find all this info in one place
Welcome and enjoy your new mh. Lots of great mods to do. Take your time a d have fun

Jerry
__________________

__________________
https://www.thorforums.com/forums/f2...mods-4609.html
Jerry, Maria, and Sasha 6lb Yorkie
2017 Thor Hurricane 29M
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
FMCA # F464385
halfprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.




All times are GMT. The time now is 02:12 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
×