Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Modifications and Updates
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 08-06-2020, 05:56 PM   #4881
Senior Member
 
halfprice's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 29M
State: California
Posts: 2,641
THOR #3156
Quote:
Originally Posted by hexrays View Post
I've been through four covers, one of them was custom made $$$. They all tear. The longest lasting and best one I had was made out of parachute material. It nearly pulled me off the top of the rig one windy day!
I'm done with covers, spent hundreds of dollars. I hope you have better luck than I did.
Yeah covers are a pain. My decals are cracked pretty bad and look terrible I was just hoping the cover slows the decal damage.

Been thinking about removing the bad decals Seems the brown one are the worst If I remove them you wouldnt notice they were gone
__________________

__________________
https://www.thorforums.com/forums/f2...mods-4609.html
Jerry, Maria, and Sasha 6lb Yorkie
2017 Thor Hurricane 29M
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
FMCA # F464385
halfprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 08:15 PM   #4882
Senior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Palazzo 36.1
State: North Carolina
Posts: 316
THOR #13712
I can't wait to put the one I bought for the 36.1 on this fall, better pick a calm day or be ready for a ride!
__________________

__________________
Chuck and Mary Ann
FMCA, Good Sam Life Member and Thor MC member

Enjoy the journey, one day at a time!
Chuck and Mary Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 08:26 PM   #4883
Senior Member
 
halfprice's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 29M
State: California
Posts: 2,641
THOR #3156
I made a new thread about a problem I had but figured I'd post it here also

The backs on my recpro seats started peeling. To much sun and cheap china material. It took several weeks and several calls plus an email to get it sorted out. The seats were out of warranty by 6 months but in the end recpro came through and sent them to me no chargef

They got delivered today. So when this heat wave dies down ill change them out

Jerry
__________________
https://www.thorforums.com/forums/f2...mods-4609.html
Jerry, Maria, and Sasha 6lb Yorkie
2017 Thor Hurricane 29M
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
FMCA # F464385
halfprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 08:41 PM   #4884
Junior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 32A
State: California
Posts: 17
THOR #791
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfprice View Post
I made a new thread about a problem I had but figured I'd post it here also

The backs on my recpro seats started peeling. To much sun and cheap china material. It took several weeks and several calls plus an email to get it sorted out. The seats were out of warranty by 6 months but in the end recpro came through and sent them to me no chargef

They got delivered today. So when this heat wave dies down ill change them out

Jerry
Nice work Jerry. Good for you! Mine are way out of warranty, I ended up purchasing some covers.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20200810_165237.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	76.9 KB
ID:	25668  
__________________
hexrays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 08:55 PM   #4885
Senior Member
 
Sanford's Avatar
 
State: Arizona
Posts: 301
THOR #7580
Where did you purchase the covers?
__________________
Sanford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 08:55 PM   #4886
Senior Member
 
halfprice's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 29M
State: California
Posts: 2,641
THOR #3156
Quote:
Originally Posted by hexrays View Post
Nice work Jerry. Good for you! Mine are way out of warranty, I ended up purchasing some covers.
Those look nice. Please post where you got them and model

The seats I was talking about are my theater reclining seats

My front seats are still good but have been thinking about covering them to hopefully help last longer

Jerry
__________________
https://www.thorforums.com/forums/f2...mods-4609.html
Jerry, Maria, and Sasha 6lb Yorkie
2017 Thor Hurricane 29M
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
FMCA # F464385
halfprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 09:02 PM   #4887
Junior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 32A
State: California
Posts: 17
THOR #791
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfprice View Post
Those look nice. Please post where you got them and model

The seats I was talking about are my theater reclining seats

My front seats are still good but have been thinking about covering them to hopefully help last longer

Jerry
Oh ,I see. Thank you for the clarification.
They are made by covercraft. I purchased them through camping world. They are sold by the each.


https://www.campingworld.com/tan-seatglove-88219.html?gclid=CjwKCAjwm_P5BRAhEiwAwRzSO7MT3xCMn uWUsbt_o_7JSWLiT0T8uMtowS1qTqbcB2SV4oaZDVp6zhoCVmk QAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds
__________________
hexrays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2020, 02:14 AM   #4888
Senior Member
 
halfprice's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 29M
State: California
Posts: 2,641
THOR #3156
Quote:
Originally Posted by hexrays View Post
Oh ,I see. Thank you for the clarification.

They are made by covercraft. I purchased them through camping world. They are sold by the each.





https://www.campingworld.com/tan-sea...E&gclsrc=aw.ds
Thanks
__________________
https://www.thorforums.com/forums/f2...mods-4609.html
Jerry, Maria, and Sasha 6lb Yorkie
2017 Thor Hurricane 29M
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
FMCA # F464385
halfprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2020, 07:07 PM   #4889
Member
 
BattleBorn1's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 29M
State: Nevada
Posts: 45
THOR #11264
Vicious heat

Quote:
Originally Posted by halfprice View Post
Yeah covers are a pain. My decals are cracked pretty bad and look terrible I was just hoping the cover slows the decal damage.

Been thinking about removing the bad decals Seems the brown one are the worst If I remove them you wouldnt notice they were gone
Jerry, I like others feel your pain. My 2017 29M is having the Vegas heat blister and crack my decals. Mainly the white ones for now.
I also bought a cover; light grey 5 ply (yeah right) from Amazon and my son helped me put it on. Pain in the ass and looked sloppy. Even tied down it kept stretching. A tear appeared near the back but the decals were safe. In July I took the cover off by myself and promptly made tears in 3 other places. Pitiful experience. Iím going to try a sunshade fabric to cover the side and get a car bra for the front. I also have now committed to waxing and buffing it 4 times a year. Iíd like to find someone to replace the decals with paint. Not much luck so far. Sure does hurt to see your baby get sun blistered. Didnít even mention the white seals around the door and vents.
Thank goodness we tinted every window, even the windshield and bought Magnashades for the outside and still use silver reflection for the inside windows.
Damn.......#desertheathatesmyRV
__________________
BattleBorn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2020, 09:27 PM   #4890
Senior Member
 
jannnda's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 31Z Hurricane
State: Texas
Posts: 526
THOR #14120
Quote:
Originally Posted by BattleBorn1 View Post
Jerry, I like others feel your pain. My 2017 29M is having the Vegas heat blister and crack my decals. Mainly the white ones for now.
I also bought a cover; light grey 5 ply (yeah right) from Amazon and my son helped me put it on. Pain in the ass and looked sloppy. Even tied down it kept stretching. A tear appeared near the back but the decals were safe. In July I took the cover off by myself and promptly made tears in 3 other places. Pitiful experience. Iím going to try a sunshade fabric to cover the side and get a car bra for the front. I also have now committed to waxing and buffing it 4 times a year. Iíd like to find someone to replace the decals with paint. Not much luck so far. Sure does hurt to see your baby get sun blistered. Didnít even mention the white seals around the door and vents.
Thank goodness we tinted every window, even the windshield and bought Magnashades for the outside and still use silver reflection for the inside windows.
Damn.......#desertheathatesmyRV

I wax my Hurricane 31Z ever 3 months. It takes me 3 days haha. My rig was on the dealer lot for a long time. When I got it home I used a cleaner wax and got all the dirt out of it. 24 hours later I put Meguiarís Synthetic Sealant 2.0 on all but the front. On the front I use Rejex. When I take all the bugs off I use 303 protectant. I also use 303 on the roof after I clean it. So far it looks good. But itís a lot of work. I have an F-150 I bought 20 years ago and the decals look fine. I wonder why the decals on MHís donít hold up better than they do?
My friend owns a business and had his pickup wrapped 3 years ago and it looks great. I donít think he has ever waxed it. Maybe that could be a solution?
__________________
jannnda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2020, 11:30 PM   #4891
Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 35C
State: Indiana
Posts: 42
THOR #16561
Jannnda,

I wonder if anyone has priced getting a full wrap? Would be a great way to make it yours.
__________________
Ifish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2020, 01:14 AM   #4892
Senior Member
 
halfprice's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 29M
State: California
Posts: 2,641
THOR #3156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ifish View Post
Jannnda,



I wonder if anyone has priced getting a full wrap? Would be a great way to make it yours.
Think I read somewhere on the site someone did ut for $5000
__________________
https://www.thorforums.com/forums/f2...mods-4609.html
Jerry, Maria, and Sasha 6lb Yorkie
2017 Thor Hurricane 29M
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
FMCA # F464385
halfprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2020, 01:18 AM   #4893
Senior Member
 
jannnda's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 31Z Hurricane
State: Texas
Posts: 526
THOR #14120
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfprice View Post
Think I read somewhere on the site someone did ut for $5000

$5,000 is still a lot less than panting a rig would cost. Not cheap but.....
__________________
jannnda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2020, 04:09 AM   #4894
Senior Member
 
halfprice's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 29M
State: California
Posts: 2,641
THOR #3156
Quote:
Originally Posted by jannnda View Post
$5,000 is still a lot less than panting a rig would cost. Not cheap but.....
True
__________________
https://www.thorforums.com/forums/f2...mods-4609.html
Jerry, Maria, and Sasha 6lb Yorkie
2017 Thor Hurricane 29M
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
FMCA # F464385
halfprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2020, 06:11 PM   #4895
Senior Member
 
halfprice's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 29M
State: California
Posts: 2,641
THOR #3156
That time a year to clean the roof. It needed it. Got it done before the heat kicked it. Now to wash the sides then jump in the pool

Tomorrow might be a 303 protectant day

JerryClick image for larger version

Name:	20200827_102700.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	78.3 KB
ID:	25795Click image for larger version

Name:	20200827_102703.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	84.3 KB
ID:	25796Click image for larger version

Name:	20200827_110154.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	69.4 KB
ID:	25797
__________________
https://www.thorforums.com/forums/f2...mods-4609.html
Jerry, Maria, and Sasha 6lb Yorkie
2017 Thor Hurricane 29M
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
FMCA # F464385
halfprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2020, 06:33 PM   #4896
Member
 
Cakeman's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurican 34P
State: Maryland
Posts: 52
THOR #17588
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfprice View Post
That time a year to clean the roof. It needed it. Got it done before the heat kicked it. Now to wash the sides then jump in the pool

Tomorrow might be a 303 protectant day

JerryAttachment 25795Attachment 25796Attachment 25797

Is that just Dawn dish soap?... That looks good... we get a lot of green moss here in the east. I've tried a few thing, but never look that clean. I'll feed and water if you want to do mine?
__________________
Thanks Bradley
CHF, Roadmaster Stabilizer, Front grill bug/rock guard
Cakeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2020, 08:27 PM   #4897
Senior Member
 
jannnda's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 31Z Hurricane
State: Texas
Posts: 526
THOR #14120
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfprice View Post
That time a year to clean the roof. It needed it. Got it done before the heat kicked it. Now to wash the sides then jump in the pool

Tomorrow might be a 303 protectant day

JerryAttachment 25795Attachment 25796Attachment 25797

That looks great!! Itís almost that time of year for me.
__________________
jannnda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2020, 11:19 PM   #4898
Senior Member
 
halfprice's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 29M
State: California
Posts: 2,641
THOR #3156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cakeman View Post
Is that just Dawn dish soap?... That looks good... we get a lot of green moss here in the east. I've tried a few thing, but never look that clean. I'll feed and water if you want to do mine?
Yep Dawn soap, car washing brush, and water

If I get back to the east coast I'll clean your roof no problem

Do you bake bread also or just cake. Bread , pizza, and salt water fishing are my hobbies also


JerryClick image for larger version

Name:	20190929_174318.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	88.2 KB
ID:	25804Click image for larger version

Name:	20170413_111859.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	97.3 KB
ID:	25805Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010453.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	54.7 KB
ID:	25806Click image for larger version

Name:	20181102_064747.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	49.9 KB
ID:	25807
__________________
https://www.thorforums.com/forums/f2...mods-4609.html
Jerry, Maria, and Sasha 6lb Yorkie
2017 Thor Hurricane 29M
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
FMCA # F464385
halfprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2020, 03:50 PM   #4899
Member
 
Cakeman's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurican 34P
State: Maryland
Posts: 52
THOR #17588
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfprice View Post
Yep Dawn soap, car washing brush, and water

If I get back to the east coast I'll clean your roof no problem

Do you bake bread also or just cake. Bread , pizza, and salt water fishing are my hobbies also


JerryAttachment 25804Attachment 25805Attachment 25806Attachment 25807
Yes... I pretty much bake everything, and including formula/recipe development for other bakeries.
__________________
Thanks Bradley
CHF, Roadmaster Stabilizer, Front grill bug/rock guard
Cakeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2020, 03:58 PM   #4900
Member
 
Cakeman's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurican 34P
State: Maryland
Posts: 52
THOR #17588
Todays projects - Thanks Jerry and Dino...

So with the cup holder being fairly useless. Today one was converted to a storage tray. On the drivers armrest/shelf thing. I cut the bottom to fit, sticky high density foam tape to hold in place. I did sand the bottom smooth to fit properly https://www.walmart.com/ip/Rubbermai...c-78cb91a0e362
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8126.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	50.9 KB
ID:	25844   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8127.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	61.6 KB
ID:	25845  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8129.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	54.1 KB
ID:	25846   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8130.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	90.7 KB
ID:	25847  

__________________

__________________
Thanks Bradley
CHF, Roadmaster Stabilizer, Front grill bug/rock guard
Cakeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.




All times are GMT. The time now is 07:17 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
×