RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
 

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Modifications and Updates
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 11-15-2020, 08:09 PM   #4941
Senior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 34E
State: North Carolina
Posts: 298
THOR #13360
I called Thor about replacement stickers, they said they don't have them in stock because the glue breaks down so they won't stick to the coach. So I'm thinking why don't you just paint them on in the 1st place?
That said I think you have two options.1 get a paint shop to paint something you like on the coach. 2 Go to a sign shop and have them design something you like and have them install good quality vinyl. Either way it's not cheap
__________________

__________________
MTHook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2020, 09:44 PM   #4942
Senior Member
 
halfprice's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 29M
State: California
Posts: 2,681
THOR #3156
I agree get them painted. My stickers are shot. Ill be peeling them off and painting them

Can't help you on the fridge question. Call thor or go to an rv repair shop to get ideas. You might have to modify a cabinet or two

Jerry
__________________

__________________
https://www.thorforums.com/forums/f2...mods-4609.html
Jerry, Maria, and Sasha 6lb Yorkie
2017 Thor Hurricane 29M
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
FMCA # F464385
halfprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2020, 10:10 PM   #4943
Senior Member
 
ducksface's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2018 24.1 AXISSIXxSIX
State: Arizona
Posts: 2,536
THOR #13932
Just about any sign shop can cut you new decals.
When someone sideswiped my little nitrous toy hauler, a sad little bitty sign shop made perfectly matched decals.

If they have the industrial version of a crikut, they can do the cut.
If they have the 4ft bedded ink jet, they can do fades.

But

If you can swing the downtime and investment, like big investment, get it painted, all stripes painted and call it done.

Or

A full wrap good for 7ish years if you keep it indoors is about 3 to5 k.
__________________
Below is a link to most of my modifications either accomplished or pending.
https://www.thorforums.com/forums/f2...n-18996-3.html

Click on my pictures then click the pop-up for a full screen zoomable picture.
ducksface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2020, 10:21 PM   #4944
Junior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 34J
State: Arizona
Posts: 6
THOR #21243
I found a sign shop that does RVs on the side. They said $1500 to cut new vinyl and install. After a few calls I found $1000 to have the old decals removed and the whole RV buffed so it looks like $2500 total investment to bring the outside back to par. I think I'm ok with that considering the deal I got in the first place.

I have a list of RV junk yards to call tomorrow about refrigerators. I would like to get a good used one considering the price of new. I have no problem with doing carpentry work or kitchen modifications so this could turn into a bit of a project.
__________________
BIGAIR#60X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2020, 02:20 AM   #4945
Senior Member
 
halfprice's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 29M
State: California
Posts: 2,681
THOR #3156
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGAIR#60X View Post
I found a sign shop that does RVs on the side. They said $1500 to cut new vinyl and install. After a few calls I found $1000 to have the old decals removed and the whole RV buffed so it looks like $2500 total investment to bring the outside back to par. I think I'm ok with that considering the deal I got in the first place.



I have a list of RV junk yards to call tomorrow about refrigerators. I would like to get a good used one considering the price of new. I have no problem with doing carpentry work or kitchen modifications so this could turn into a bit of a project.
Thanks for posting this. Got a little bored while flushing the tanks and started pulling the deals off. Guess I'll be working on this for a while
__________________
https://www.thorforums.com/forums/f2...mods-4609.html
Jerry, Maria, and Sasha 6lb Yorkie
2017 Thor Hurricane 29M
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
FMCA # F464385
halfprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2020, 12:58 PM   #4946
Senior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 27K
State: Kentucky
Posts: 754
THOR #2817
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGAIR#60X View Post
...Does anyone have ideas on where to purchase OEM decals? Otherwise I will have to have them made...
Have you considered buying a small (dorm room) type refrigerator? Perhaps you could find a spot in the RV for it. They don't draw much current at 120 volts.
__________________
Metalman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2020, 02:32 PM   #4947
Junior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 34J
State: Arizona
Posts: 6
THOR #21243
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfprice View Post
Thanks for posting this. Got a little bored while flushing the tanks and started pulling the deals off. Guess I'll be working on this for a while
I'm interested in your before / after pics and I will post mine as well. I'm hoping for good results!

I thought about paint but paint is a bit out of my skill realm and a bit out of my price range.
__________________
BIGAIR#60X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2020, 02:42 PM   #4948
Junior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 34J
State: Arizona
Posts: 6
THOR #21243
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metalman View Post
Have you considered buying a small (dorm room) type refrigerator? Perhaps you could find a spot in the RV for it. They don't draw much current at 120 volts.
The 34j has the outdoor refrigerator already. I digress, it's still not enough really.
__________________
BIGAIR#60X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2020, 01:38 AM   #4949
Member
 
BattleBorn1's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 29M
State: Alaska
Posts: 51
THOR #11264
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfprice View Post
I agree get them painted. My stickers are shot. Ill be peeling them off and painting them

Can't help you on the fridge question. Call thor or go to an rv repair shop to get ideas. You might have to modify a cabinet or two

Jerry

Jerry Iím afraid your beautiful H29m has the same affliction as our W29M. Sun is brutal especially in the Mojave so I plan to have the decals removed and have it painted next year. Itís crazy decals even get used anymore.
Guess itíll be just another ďmodĒ....
__________________
BattleBorn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2020, 02:17 AM   #4950
Senior Member
 
halfprice's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 29M
State: California
Posts: 2,681
THOR #3156
Quote:
Originally Posted by BattleBorn1 View Post
Jerry Iím afraid your beautiful H29m has the same affliction as our W29M. Sun is brutal especially in the Mojave so I plan to have the decals removed and have it painted next year. Itís crazy decals even get used anymore.
Guess itíll be just another ďmodĒ....
My decal eraser tool is coming soon from amazon
__________________
https://www.thorforums.com/forums/f2...mods-4609.html
Jerry, Maria, and Sasha 6lb Yorkie
2017 Thor Hurricane 29M
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
FMCA # F464385
halfprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2020, 04:07 PM   #4951
Senior Member
 
Brand: Still Looking
Model: Newmar Bay Star Sport 300
State: Alabama
Posts: 2,799
THOR #6826
I have a friend who bought an 18 yo Coachman. Itís decals were just totally disgraceful so he got them off, masked the exact patterns- which were still visible - and painted them with rattle can paints from Home Depot. He was very satisfied and I think they look wonderful. His thought was that he had little or nothing to lose by trying it and he started with one sticker just as a test.
__________________
Pete'sMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 04:11 PM   #4952
Junior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 34J
State: Arizona
Posts: 6
THOR #21243
The MH is having the decals stripped right now. I would have done it myself but alas, no time any more. I should have pictures in a week or two. I also placed an order for solar so good times ahead! I'll be doing the solar setup myself.
__________________
BIGAIR#60X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 04:33 PM   #4953
Senior Member
 
Model: 25.2 Axis
State: Arizona
Posts: 579
THOR #3471
Whoís doing it and how
__________________
Hugh.vines@att.net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 04:51 PM   #4954
Junior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 34J
State: Arizona
Posts: 6
THOR #21243
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh.vines@att.net View Post
Who’s doing it and how
I have a guy that works at a local rv repair shop that is doing it at his house in his spare time. I told him no rush. He's removing decals, buffing in entirety, and cutting / installing new vinyl graphics.

I'll PM you his number. He's in south Scottsdale.
__________________
BIGAIR#60X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 06:20 PM   #4955
Member
 
Cakeman's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurican 34P
State: Maryland
Posts: 58
THOR #17588
I just was getting a quote for 1 decal that is separating on the front. If this helps anyone.
Diecut 3A part # 0351888, Cost is $141.28+shipping
Chris Hembree, Parts Specialist - Total Value RV, 866 282 4460

It's for our 2018 Hurricane..... See PDF attachment for list and breakdown of decals

Best Regards, Bradley
__________________
Thanks Bradley
CHF, Roadmaster Stabilizer, Front grill bug/rock guard, Numerous fixes Thor should have done in the first place,
79 FLH
07 Roadglide
Cakeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 07:46 PM   #4956
Senior Member
 
halfprice's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 29M
State: California
Posts: 2,681
THOR #3156
I had a few minutes of nothing to do so I removed one decal yesterday. The eraser tool from amazon worked pretty good. I order three more. It only took 10 minutes or so to remove it. I figure I will remove the cracked peeling decals first then try the heat gun/ pull method for the ones still in good shape.

I was using my Dewalt cordless drill and it killed the battery pretty fast. I need to buy a corded drill before removing anymore

Before after pics


JerryClick image for larger version

Name:	20201122_120329.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	65.1 KB
ID:	27285Click image for larger version

Name:	20201123_102326.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	48.8 KB
ID:	27286Click image for larger version

Name:	20201123_102453.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	56.9 KB
ID:	27287Click image for larger version

Name:	20201123_102457.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	41.3 KB
ID:	27288
__________________
https://www.thorforums.com/forums/f2...mods-4609.html
Jerry, Maria, and Sasha 6lb Yorkie
2017 Thor Hurricane 29M
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
FMCA # F464385
halfprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 11:08 PM   #4957
Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 35C
State: Indiana
Posts: 44
THOR #16561
Decals

Wow,
I thought my decals were going south. Yours make mine look good. I may have a few more years before I feel that pain.

I am willing to bet that yours will be standing tall when you finish!!
__________________
Ifish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 11:17 PM   #4958
Senior Member
 
jannnda's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 31Z Hurricane
State: Texas
Posts: 545
THOR #14120
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfprice View Post
I had a few minutes of nothing to do so I removed one decal yesterday. The eraser tool from amazon worked pretty good. I order three more. It only took 10 minutes or so to remove it. I figure I will remove the cracked peeling decals first then try the heat gun/ pull method for the ones still in good shape.

I was using my Dewalt cordless drill and it killed the battery pretty fast. I need to buy a corded drill before removing anymore

Before after pics


JerryAttachment 27285Attachment 27286Attachment 27287Attachment 27288

Man Jerry mine are in much better shape than the pictures you sent.

How hard is it to put the new decals on? They look great!!

Jeff
__________________
jannnda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2020, 02:23 AM   #4959
Senior Member
 
halfprice's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 29M
State: California
Posts: 2,681
THOR #3156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ifish View Post
Wow,

I thought my decals were going south. Yours make mine look good. I may have a few more years before I feel that pain.



I am willing to bet that yours will be standing tall when you finish!!
The sun really killed this summer
__________________
https://www.thorforums.com/forums/f2...mods-4609.html
Jerry, Maria, and Sasha 6lb Yorkie
2017 Thor Hurricane 29M
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
FMCA # F464385
halfprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2020, 02:27 AM   #4960
Senior Member
 
halfprice's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 29M
State: California
Posts: 2,681
THOR #3156
Quote:
Originally Posted by jannnda View Post
Man Jerry mine are in much better shape than the pictures you sent.

How hard is it to put the new decals on? They look great!!

Jeff
Jeff i only moved the one bad decal. When i get them all off ill detail that side to get everything the same color then paint something back on. If I can't get the color from where the decals were to match the other paint then ill use the old lines as a guide on where to paint

Jerry
__________________

__________________
https://www.thorforums.com/forums/f2...mods-4609.html
Jerry, Maria, and Sasha 6lb Yorkie
2017 Thor Hurricane 29M
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
FMCA # F464385
halfprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.




All times are GMT. The time now is 06:56 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
×