RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
 

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Modifications and Updates
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 11-25-2016, 12:22 PM   #61
Senior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: hurricane 32n
State: Florida
Posts: 784
THOR #4158
Congrats on your new MH!!!!! Happy Trails!!
__________________

__________________
Jerry and Debbie
2015. Hurricane 32N /Kia Soul toad
Retired
Crawfordville Fl. Vietnam Vet.
Jegdrum5050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2016, 04:19 PM   #62
Senior Member
 
DinoC41's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 29M
State: Texas
Posts: 1,145
THOR #2757
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jegdrum5050 View Post
Congrats on your new MH!!!!! Happy Trails!!
Thank you sir!
__________________

__________________
DinoC41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2016, 05:24 PM   #63
Senior Member
 
halfprice's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 29M
State: California
Posts: 2,710
THOR #3156
Quote:
Originally Posted by DinoC41 View Post
Good morning halfprice (Jerry and Maria)...Angie and I pulled the trigger and are now happy owners of a 2017 Thor Windsport 29M. We picked "Windy" up from Motorhome Specialist in Alvarado Texas on the 22nd of November and are currently in Moore Oklahoma spending Thanksgiving with family. Will head back to Lubbock Texas on the 26th of November. Can't wait to start some of the mods you have posted. Thanks again for sharing and happy camping!!
Good luck with your new motorhome. So far we are very happy with it.

For the mods first thing you should do i my opinion is the chf surge protector and flow rite battery filler. All the others are comfort features

Im looking into sumo springs and maybe rear sway or trac bar

We still get push around by semi trucks and strong winds. Not as bad after doing the chf but its still there

Good luck

Jerry
__________________
https://www.thorforums.com/forums/f2...mods-4609.html
Jerry, Maria, and Sasha 6lb Yorkie
2017 Thor Hurricane 29M
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
FMCA # F464385
halfprice is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2016, 07:07 PM   #64
Senior Member
 
SuperD's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
Posts: 3,692
THOR #5196
Dino, Congratulations on your new coach!!! Glad you finally made a decision since the last time we posted. The people at MSHRV are super, glad we bought our coach from them too. Like halfprice said, CHF is the first mod I would make, on the 29M it's like driving a different coach! Changing the position on the sway bar mounts stiffens the bar, new bars aren't going to be that much stiffer and aren't worth the expense in my opinion. Next thing you will want to do is change out the Seiki tvs, they are junk! I changed out the bedroom and living room tvs with Samsungs, a lot more over the air channels and they will work on cable. I will probably change the outside tv soon. Also get a foam topper for your bed, unless you like a firm mattress, which the Denver is. A standard king is 76x80, ours is 70x75 so I used and electric knife to trim off the excess and round the corners.


Hope you really enjoy your new coach, we sure do! Wish you many Happy and Safe miles!!!
__________________
USMC Veteran
FMCA 101070S

Dave & Myra
One day your life will flash before your eyes,
make sure it's worth watching!
SuperD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2016, 07:12 PM   #65
Senior Member
 
halfprice's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 29M
State: California
Posts: 2,710
THOR #3156
I agree foam yopper is also a must

Tv's. I might change them out at some point but for now tge stock ones are ok. I try not to watch tv when camping. Being outdoors is what i like doing more but at night the tv is good or a dvd
__________________
https://www.thorforums.com/forums/f2...mods-4609.html
Jerry, Maria, and Sasha 6lb Yorkie
2017 Thor Hurricane 29M
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
FMCA # F464385
halfprice is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2016, 11:22 PM   #66
Senior Member
 
SuperD's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
Posts: 3,692
THOR #5196
We don't watch tv much either except when going to bed and early morning when eating, that's why I didn't mess with changing the outside tv.
__________________
USMC Veteran
FMCA 101070S

Dave & Myra
One day your life will flash before your eyes,
make sure it's worth watching!
SuperD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2016, 03:43 AM   #67
Senior Member
 
DinoC41's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 29M
State: Texas
Posts: 1,145
THOR #2757
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfprice View Post
Good luck with your new motorhome. So far we are very happy with it.

For the mods first thing you should do i my opinion is the chf surge protector and flow rite battery filler. All the others are comfort features

Im looking into sumo springs and maybe rear sway or trac bar

We still get push around by semi trucks and strong winds. Not as bad after doing the chf but its still there

Good luck

Jerry
Thanks Jerry...I will take your advice and get started soonest

Dino
__________________
DinoC41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2016, 03:45 AM   #68
Senior Member
 
DinoC41's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 29M
State: Texas
Posts: 1,145
THOR #2757
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperD View Post
Dino, Congratulations on your new coach!!! Glad you finally made a decision since the last time we posted. The people at MSHRV are super, glad we bought our coach from them too. Like halfprice said, CHF is the first mod I would make, on the 29M it's like driving a different coach! Changing the position on the sway bar mounts stiffens the bar, new bars aren't going to be that much stiffer and aren't worth the expense in my opinion. Next thing you will want to do is change out the Seiki tvs, they are junk! I changed out the bedroom and living room tvs with Samsungs, a lot more over the air channels and they will work on cable. I will probably change the outside tv soon. Also get a foam topper for your bed, unless you like a firm mattress, which the Denver is. A standard king is 76x80, ours is 70x75 so I used and electric knife to trim off the excess and round the corners.


Hope you really enjoy your new coach, we sure do! Wish you many Happy and Safe miles!!!
Thanks Super D! Appreciate the comeback...let the fun begin!

Dino
__________________
DinoC41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2016, 01:03 PM   #69
Senior Member
 
DinoC41's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 29M
State: Texas
Posts: 1,145
THOR #2757
Thumbs up Mods to the Windsport 29M

Quote:
Originally Posted by halfprice View Post
Good luck with your new motorhome. So far we are very happy with it.

For the mods first thing you should do i my opinion is the chf surge protector and flow rite battery filler. All the others are comfort features

Im looking into sumo springs and maybe rear sway or trac bar

We still get push around by semi trucks and strong winds. Not as bad after doing the chf but its still there

Good luck

Jerry
Quick update Jerry...I have installed the Progressive Industries 50 Amp EMS and a TPMS on our 29M. As soon as the weather gets a little warmer I will adjust the front sway bar and install the WasteMaster system. I am loving my RV

Thanks again for your Mod suggestions and encouragement!!

Dino C
__________________
DinoC41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2016, 04:50 PM   #70
Senior Member
 
halfprice's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 29M
State: California
Posts: 2,710
THOR #3156
Quote:
Originally Posted by DinoC41 View Post
Quick update Jerry...I have installed the Progressive Industries 50 Amp EMS and a TPMS on our 29M. As soon as the weather gets a little warmer I will adjust the front sway bar and install the WasteMaster system. I am loving my RV

Thanks again for your Mod suggestions and encouragement!!

Dino C
Dino
What is the waste master system
__________________
https://www.thorforums.com/forums/f2...mods-4609.html
Jerry, Maria, and Sasha 6lb Yorkie
2017 Thor Hurricane 29M
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
FMCA # F464385
halfprice is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2016, 09:26 PM   #71
Senior Member
 
DinoC41's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 29M
State: Texas
Posts: 1,145
THOR #2757
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfprice View Post
Dino
What is the waste master system
It is a black and gray tank waste removal system that uses the "cam" instead of the traditional twist on hose fixture...hope it works since our "wet bay" is small and the connection could be a little tricky!!

Dino sends
__________________
DinoC41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2016, 11:14 PM   #72
Senior Member
 
SuperD's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
Posts: 3,692
THOR #5196
Dino, I looked at the waste management system and I don't think the adapter that glues on the coach outlet will work. There is very little space from the outlet to the hatch, even with being able to swivel the fitting I don't think you can make the connection and get the hose thru the hatch. If you haven't already purchased the system I would look and measure very carefully before you buy.
__________________
USMC Veteran
FMCA 101070S

Dave & Myra
One day your life will flash before your eyes,
make sure it's worth watching!
SuperD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 01:00 AM   #73
Senior Member
 
Oneilkeys's Avatar
 
Brand: Still Looking
Model: Travato
State: Florida
Posts: 2,435
THOR #1765
I have installed two Clean Dump macerator systems in my Vegas and Axis and they work great. The second Axis installation was very easy as it fit with no modifications. I picked the Clean Dump because it seemed to have the smallest footprint and most robust pump and hoses. I have used them for 3 years with no problems.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4097.jpg
Views:	558
Size:	213.1 KB
ID:	3505  
__________________
Oneilkeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 03:03 AM   #74
Senior Member
 
halfprice's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 29M
State: California
Posts: 2,710
THOR #3156
Quote:
Originally Posted by DinoC41 View Post
It is a black and gray tank waste removal system that uses the "cam" instead of the traditional twist on hose fixture...hope it works since our "wet bay" is small and the connection could be a little tricky!!

Dino sends
I just checked out the system. I've never had a problem dumping my tanks so I don't really see a need for this. Just my opinion.

From looking at the video I agree with SuperD Not sure it will fit.

Jerry
__________________
https://www.thorforums.com/forums/f2...mods-4609.html
Jerry, Maria, and Sasha 6lb Yorkie
2017 Thor Hurricane 29M
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
FMCA # F464385
halfprice is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 08:50 AM   #75
Senior Member
 
DinoC41's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 29M
State: Texas
Posts: 1,145
THOR #2757
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperD View Post
Dino, I looked at the waste management system and I don't think the adapter that glues on the coach outlet will work. There is very little space from the outlet to the hatch, even with being able to swivel the fitting I don't think you can make the connection and get the hose thru the hatch. If you haven't already purchased the system I would look and measure very carefully before you buy.
Okiedokie...will take a close look at it before committing to that system...darn shame cause the "cam" system should be the "standard" instead of the twist on system

Dino
__________________
DinoC41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 09:01 AM   #76
Senior Member
 
DinoC41's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 29M
State: Texas
Posts: 1,145
THOR #2757
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfprice View Post
I just checked out the system. I've never had a problem dumping my tanks so I don't really see a need for this. Just my opinion.

From looking at the video I agree with SuperD Not sure it will fit.

Jerry
Hi Jerry,

I will do some more research before making a final decision...our wet bay is kind of small and the connection port is tight...we shall see!

Dino
__________________
DinoC41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 01:54 PM   #77
Senior Member
 
SuperD's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
Posts: 3,692
THOR #5196
Dino, I most certainly agree the cam lock is great and wish it was the standard. Guess I've used a standard slinky so long I just don't give it much thought. I will say I use a 90 degree clear elbow on the outlet and then a Dominator hose. The Dominator is one of the toughest and best hoses I've had over the years, my two cents.
__________________
USMC Veteran
FMCA 101070S

Dave & Myra
One day your life will flash before your eyes,
make sure it's worth watching!
SuperD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 02:09 PM   #78
Senior Member
 
DinoC41's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 29M
State: Texas
Posts: 1,145
THOR #2757
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperD View Post
Dino, I most certainly agree the cam lock is great and wish it was the standard. Guess I've used a standard slinky so long I just don't give it much thought. I will say I use a 90 degree clear elbow on the outlet and then a Dominator hose. The Dominator is one of the toughest and best hoses I've had over the years, my two cents.
Did some more research and I agree that the Dominator kit with the clear elbow is a suitable choice over the Wastemaster system

Dino
__________________
DinoC41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 06:26 PM   #79
Senior Member
 
halfprice's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 29M
State: California
Posts: 2,710
THOR #3156
Quote:
Originally Posted by DinoC41 View Post
Quick update Jerry...I have installed the Progressive Industries 50 Amp EMS and a TPMS on our 29M. As soon as the weather gets a little warmer I will adjust the front sway bar and install the WasteMaster system. I am loving my RV

Thanks again for your Mod suggestions and encouragement!!

Dino C
Dino,
Do the CHF on the front and back sway bars. Both are easy to do. While you are under the mh also check the torque on the sway bar bracket bolts. The brackets hold the bar to the axles. On irv2.com many have posted that these bolts were not torqued properly and have come loose or fallen off.

Which tpms did you buy. I have one from Minder Research, Tire Minder 400c. Works great. Used it on my 5th wheel. Just bought the signal booster from them ($35) and still need to hook it up. I was getting some interference on the rear sensors.

Jerry
__________________
https://www.thorforums.com/forums/f2...mods-4609.html
Jerry, Maria, and Sasha 6lb Yorkie
2017 Thor Hurricane 29M
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
FMCA # F464385
halfprice is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 06:35 PM   #80
Senior Member
 
halfprice's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 29M
State: California
Posts: 2,710
THOR #3156
Quote:
Originally Posted by DinoC41 View Post
It is a black and gray tank waste removal system that uses the "cam" instead of the traditional twist on hose fixture...hope it works since our "wet bay" is small and the connection could be a little tricky!!

Dino sends
Dino,
You do know the sewer connection valve on the mh swivels up and down. Remove the round access plate below the valve, swivel the black/gray valve down then hook up the hose through the access hole.

I keep two 10' hoses, one 5' hose (I use for my tote tank), and two 90* elbows plus the sewer hose support (similar to this https://www.amazon.com/Level-Trek-LT...+hose+supports ) in the sewer compartment. Its small but everything fits just fine.

Jerry
__________________

__________________
https://www.thorforums.com/forums/f2...mods-4609.html
Jerry, Maria, and Sasha 6lb Yorkie
2017 Thor Hurricane 29M
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
FMCA # F464385
halfprice is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.




All times are GMT. The time now is 12:16 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
×