RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
 

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Modifications and Updates
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 04-24-2017, 08:01 PM   #1021
Senior Member
 
halfprice's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 29M
State: California
Posts: 2,763
THOR #3156
Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaMo View Post
Dave,
I totally agree about the value of this thread.

I did read what Jerry had to say about his TPMS early on. Since I couldn't find the model he has anymore, I started to explore what else was out there. TireMinder does make what looks to be a good system (the TM-77) and I'm impressed with what I've heard about their customer service.

I've also found another highly rated one, the EEZTire system. It can be purchased with 10 sending units, so the toad is monitored as well.

Now I just need to decide which one. The main thing is to have one. I would think that in this day and age, RV manufacturers would include this because of the safety issues. The almighty dollar strikes again.

BTW, you're getting awfully close to that next chapter in your life! That's gotta be exciting!

Cheers!
Kent

Kent,
I have the 300 or 400c, cant remember, and its been great until i added the booster. Now it seems the booster has or is blocking the signal. This didnt happen to tire minder when they checked the system Tire minder offered to upgrade me to the tm77 for $100 which i might do but im leary about the booster and the problem im having. Ill also have to upgrade 3 sensors for more money. I dont know what to do. Experiment with the booster is first tgen decide on uograde.

Jerry
Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaMo View Post
Dave,
I totally agree about the value of this thread.

I did read what Jerry had to say about his TPMS early on. Since I couldn't find the model he has anymore, I started to explore what else was out there. TireMinder does make what looks to be a good system (the TM-77) and I'm impressed with what I've heard about their customer service.

I've also found another highly rated one, the EEZTire system. It can be purchased with 10 sending units, so the toad is monitored as well.

Now I just need to decide which one. The main thing is to have one. I would think that in this day and age, RV manufacturers would include this because of the safety issues. The almighty dollar strikes again.

BTW, you're getting awfully close to that next chapter in your life! That's gotta be exciting!

Cheers!
Kent
__________________

__________________
https://www.thorforums.com/forums/f2...mods-4609.html
Jerry, Maria, and Sasha 6lb Yorkie
2017 Thor Hurricane 29M
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
FMCA # F464385
halfprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 08:18 PM   #1022
Senior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: California
Posts: 149
THOR #6863
Jerry,
For 100 bucks, I think I'd jump on the TM-77 -- especially if your current sensors would work with it. It seems that there have been quite a few software and feature upgrades that make it tempting...and safer than what you have (like checking status every few seconds and sending you an audible alert).

The EEZTire that I've been looking at evidently has an excellent range -- I think 53ft. Many of the reviewers say it's even further than that (with fresh batteries, I'm sure).

But back to the TM-77...
I know it's on sale now at Camping World online for $379 with 6 sensors. That makes the $100 seem pretty fair. It would be interesting to know if they're offering you just the main unit or or a set with sensors...

Good luck,
Kent
__________________

__________________
PapaMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 08:26 PM   #1023
Senior Member
 
halfprice's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 29M
State: California
Posts: 2,763
THOR #3156
Kent,
Its just for the main unit. Like i said if i do the upgrade i would have to replace 3 sensors also. He dudbt give me a price on the sensors. He just said he would give me a good price.

Jerry
__________________
https://www.thorforums.com/forums/f2...mods-4609.html
Jerry, Maria, and Sasha 6lb Yorkie
2017 Thor Hurricane 29M
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
FMCA # F464385
halfprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 05:19 PM   #1024
Senior Member
 
dcbenny's Avatar
 
Brand: Still Looking
Model: Forest River GTS 2800QSF
State: Florida
Posts: 460
THOR #5326
Finally found a device I can mirror my tablet to TV without WiFi now I can watch from my Direct TV app all those shows I recorded from home DVR thru my Direct TV app no data charges
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Modd tablet morror1.JPG
Views:	198
Size:	59.0 KB
ID:	4745   Click image for larger version

Name:	Modd tablet mirror2.JPG
Views:	229
Size:	75.5 KB
ID:	4746  

__________________
Don & Liz B.
Pink Retired Greyhound
Forest River
Sunseeker 2800QSF GTS
2015 Windsport 27K
dcbenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 11:43 PM   #1025
Senior Member
 
SuperD's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
Posts: 3,692
THOR #5196
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcbenny View Post
Finally found a device I can mirror my tablet to TV without WiFi now I can watch from my Direct TV app all those shows I recorded from home DVR thru my Direct TV app no data charges
So what is it and where did you get it? Suspense is killing me!!!
__________________
USMC Veteran
FMCA 101070S

Dave & Myra
One day your life will flash before your eyes,
make sure it's worth watching!
SuperD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 11:59 PM   #1026
Senior Member
 
dcbenny's Avatar
 
Brand: Still Looking
Model: Forest River GTS 2800QSF
State: Florida
Posts: 460
THOR #5326
c
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperD View Post
So what is it and where did you get it? Suspense is killing me!!!
Screenbeam mini 2 from Best Buy $40 It plugs into HDMI port on tv and you can mirror cast from any smart device without Wi-Fi
__________________
Don & Liz B.
Pink Retired Greyhound
Forest River
Sunseeker 2800QSF GTS
2015 Windsport 27K
dcbenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 12:12 AM   #1027
Senior Member
 
SuperD's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
Posts: 3,692
THOR #5196
Well, if that isn't just super cool!!! Thank you! I download a lot of stuff to my iPad from Direct TV, would be nice to watch on a big screen. I see a trip to Best Buy in the near future!
__________________
USMC Veteran
FMCA 101070S

Dave & Myra
One day your life will flash before your eyes,
make sure it's worth watching!
SuperD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 12:20 AM   #1028
Senior Member
 
dcbenny's Avatar
 
Brand: Still Looking
Model: Forest River GTS 2800QSF
State: Florida
Posts: 460
THOR #5326
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperD View Post
Well, if that isn't just super cool!!! Thank you! I download a lot of stuff to my iPad from Direct TV, would be nice to watch on a big screen. I see a trip to Best Buy in the near future!
glad I could share and help been in many parks where WiFi just sucks
__________________
Don & Liz B.
Pink Retired Greyhound
Forest River
Sunseeker 2800QSF GTS
2015 Windsport 27K
dcbenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 01:39 AM   #1029
Senior Member
 
SuperD's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
Posts: 3,692
THOR #5196
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcbenny View Post
glad I could share and help been in many parks where WiFi just sucks
Amen to that!
__________________
USMC Veteran
FMCA 101070S

Dave & Myra
One day your life will flash before your eyes,
make sure it's worth watching!
SuperD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 01:42 AM   #1030
Kev
Senior Member
 
Kev's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport
State: Florida
Posts: 740
THOR #3918
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcbenny View Post
glad I could share and help been in many parks where WiFi just sucks
Wow nice. I have been looking for something that will work without wi-fi. I can download movies to my iPad and watch without wi-if in my coach. Off to Best Buy for me.

Kev
__________________
Kev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 01:54 AM   #1031
Senior Member
 
SuperD's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
Posts: 3,692
THOR #5196
Don, look what you've started now, a run on Best Buy!
__________________
USMC Veteran
FMCA 101070S

Dave & Myra
One day your life will flash before your eyes,
make sure it's worth watching!
SuperD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 02:29 AM   #1032
Senior Member
 
dcbenny's Avatar
 
Brand: Still Looking
Model: Forest River GTS 2800QSF
State: Florida
Posts: 460
THOR #5326
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperD View Post
Don, look what you've started now, a run on Best Buy!
I was thinking the same thing I have been looking for one for awhile now and this was the 3rd one I purchased finally got someone at BB to understand NO WIFI. I knew I wasn't the Only one looking for something like this. Leaving Monday for a month traveling 1st week in RV 2nd week cruise 3rd and 4th in RV got it just in time to try out
__________________
Don & Liz B.
Pink Retired Greyhound
Forest River
Sunseeker 2800QSF GTS
2015 Windsport 27K
dcbenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 01:40 PM   #1033
Senior Member
 
DinoC41's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 29M
State: Texas
Posts: 1,149
THOR #2757
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcbenny View Post
I was thinking the same thing I have been looking for one for awhile now and this was the 3rd one I purchased finally got someone at BB to understand NO WIFI. I knew I wasn't the Only one looking for something like this. Leaving Monday for a month traveling 1st week in RV 2nd week cruise 3rd and 4th in RV got it just in time to try out
Well done Don!!!! Have fun on your trip!

__________________
Dino & Angie
2017 Thor Windsport 29M

2012 Jeep Liberty Sport 4X4 (Toad)
FMCA: F463694
DinoC41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 01:47 PM   #1034
Senior Member
 
lazinskm's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Four Winds 28z
State: Florida
Posts: 401
THOR #5725
Hate to break some hearts, doesn't work w/ Apple products... Shocker. However airplay doesn't need wifi either, so apple TV should work.
__________________
lazinskm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 02:17 PM   #1035
Kev
Senior Member
 
Kev's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport
State: Florida
Posts: 740
THOR #3918
Quote:
Originally Posted by lazinskm View Post
Hate to break some hearts, doesn't work w/ Apple products... Shocker. However airplay doesn't need wifi either, so apple TV should work.
Figures, if its to good to be true it is.
__________________
Kev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 02:20 PM   #1036
Senior Member
 
lazinskm's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Four Winds 28z
State: Florida
Posts: 401
THOR #5725
Yeah, but i didn't realize that apple play didn't need wifi. I will check this out in the rig in a couple weeks, I have one at the house already. Might be great option for apple users.
__________________
lazinskm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 02:30 PM   #1037
Senior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: '17 Axis 24.1
State: Texas
Posts: 164
THOR #6523
I don't have Apple TV or I would try airplay... I have used HDMI from a MacBook Pro or an iPad to play movies on the TV's in our Axis. It's not wireless, but it'll do for now.
__________________
TexAxis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 02:30 PM   #1038
Senior Member
 
rmblaster's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 31S
State: California
Posts: 154
THOR #3788
Amazon fire stick also mirrors your smart phones and devices to the big screen not sure if it works with apple products haven't tried with my ipad yet works great with my galaxy s7
__________________
rmblaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 02:40 PM   #1039
Kev
Senior Member
 
Kev's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport
State: Florida
Posts: 740
THOR #3918
Quote:
Originally Posted by lazinskm View Post
Yeah, but i didn't realize that apple play didn't need wifi. I will check this out in the rig in a couple weeks, I have one at the house already. Might be great option for apple users.
I have Apple tv in the house but I mostly use it to watch Netflix movies so I assumed it needed wi-fi. Maybe it doesn't need wi-fi for airplay. If it doesn't need wi-fi that would be great I will put it in the new coach.
__________________
Kev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 02:42 PM   #1040
Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Alabama
Posts: 31
THOR #6466
I bought a cheapo wifi hub for the coach, and I have various devices plugged into TVs that can all stream from the iTunes library on a Mac Mini. Doesn't have to be connected to the internet. $30 for the hub.
__________________

__________________
craigdrabik is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.




All times are GMT. The time now is 06:50 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
×