RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
 

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Modifications and Updates
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 05-25-2017, 09:57 PM   #1241
Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 29m
State: Louisiana
Posts: 41
THOR #3932
Remote

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn62 View Post
Campinking

Just curious. Did a remote control come with your radio?
No remote for radio, it doesn't use one.
__________________

__________________
W5hjs@aol.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 11:14 PM   #1242
Senior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport. 35M
State: New York
Posts: 304
THOR #6199
Quote:
Originally Posted by W5hjs@aol.com View Post
No remote for radio, it doesn't use one.
I was curious about the remote for the AV615BHM because it is mentioned in the manual I downloaded.. I had a 2016 Thor that was equipped with an AV614 that came with a remote. I asked my dealer about the remote control and did some research. He advised that Axxera stopped supplying the remotes because of technical problems and RFI issues. They might have updated the manual. Like I said. Just curious. "Trust but verify"
__________________

__________________
Shawn
2017 Windsport 35M
Shawn62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 11:51 PM   #1243
Senior Member
 
DocP's Avatar
 
Brand: Keystone
Model: Cougar 34TSB
State: Ohio
Posts: 244
THOR #6277
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn62 View Post
I was curious about the remote for the AV615BHM because it is mentioned in the manual I downloaded.. I had a 2016 Thor that was equipped with an AV614 that came with a remote. I asked my dealer about the remote control and did some research. He advised that Axxera stopped supplying the remotes because of technical problems and RFI issues. They might have updated the manual. Like I said. Just curious. "Trust but verify"
I had my dealer (General RV) get me one at no cost from Thor because it was mentioned in the manual, but it does not work on any of the radio functions. I didn't really plan on using it, but just wanted it in the event it was supposed to be included. Perhaps there is just some connection that needs to be made behind the radio, but it's just not that important to me.
__________________
DocP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 03:26 AM   #1244
Senior Member
 
halfprice's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 29M
State: California
Posts: 2,758
THOR #3156
I took the blind and valence off the rear bedroom window today. Took my measurements and ordered the roll up black out shade from Steves blinds. I think ill be able to screw it into the wall and it should hold. If it doesnt ill be out $117. But im sure ill get it to hold. It should get here in 2 weeks.
This will complete all my windows upgrades

Jerry
__________________
https://www.thorforums.com/forums/f2...mods-4609.html
Jerry, Maria, and Sasha 6lb Yorkie
2017 Thor Hurricane 29M
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
FMCA # F464385
halfprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 04:25 AM   #1245
Senior Member
 
DinoC41's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 29M
State: Texas
Posts: 1,149
THOR #2757
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfprice View Post
I took the blind and valence off the rear bedroom window today. Took my measurements and ordered the roll up black out shade from Steves blinds. I think ill be able to screw it into the wall and it should hold. If it doesnt ill be out $117. But im sure ill get it to hold. It should get here in 2 weeks.
This will complete all my windows upgrades

Jerry
__________________
Dino & Angie
2017 Thor Windsport 29M

2012 Jeep Liberty Sport 4X4 (Toad)
FMCA: F463694
DinoC41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 12:44 PM   #1246
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast
 
JamieGeek's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.1
State: Michigan
Posts: 9,239
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfprice
I think ill be able to screw it into the wall and it should hold.
Dip the screws in a good wood glue before screwing into the wall; gives you a little bit extra holding power in the thin walls.

I've installed everything in our past few RVs this way and nothing has fallen off or pulled out of the walls.
__________________
2014 Thor Axis 24.1
2021 Mach-E
blog - https://spareelectrons.wordpress.com/
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 05:02 PM   #1247
Senior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport. 35M
State: New York
Posts: 304
THOR #6199
Field service action recall 17b08

Took the Windsport in to dealer for 5K mile lube, oil, filter today. I was advised of above titled recall. Told me it was brand new. I should be getting a letter. They took care of it today. Crank pulley bolt needs to be loosened and re-torqued. This is for 6.8L V10. I don't know if this is a VIN specific recall. My chassis is a 2017 year model built in September 2016. Did not see this on forum before. Tried a couple searches with negative results. FYI.
__________________
Shawn
2017 Windsport 35M
Shawn62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 05:09 PM   #1248
Kev
Senior Member
 
Kev's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport
State: Florida
Posts: 740
THOR #3918
Recall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn62 View Post
Took the Windsport in to dealer for 5K mile lube, oil, filter today. I was advised of above titled recall. Told me it was brand new. I should be getting a letter. They took care of it today. Crank pulley bolt needs to be loosened and re-torqued. This is for 6.8L V10. I don't know if this is a VIN specific recall. My chassis is a 2017 year model built in September 2016. Did not see this on forum before. Tried a couple searches with negative results. FYI.

Great info thanks for the heads up. Was it a Ford dealer or the RV dealer who advised you of the recall?

Thanks
__________________
Kev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 05:13 PM   #1249
Senior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2016 A.C.E. 30.1
State: South Carolina
Posts: 190
THOR #5641
I have been reading this tread and have done some mods.
I have a 2016 ACE 30.1
Safe t pulse
CHF, front and reaf
Magne shades
Adjustable ceiling vent in A/C cover
Insect screens for furnace, fridge, and hot water heater
Extend a stay propane brass tee
Bluetooth speaker (so my DW doesn't have to hear my music as loud)
Stairwell cover (DW didn't like it that much)
Tire covers
Maxx air roof vent covers

Wish list
Rear track bar
5 star tuning.
__________________
Dippytwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 05:19 PM   #1250
Senior Member
 
halfprice's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 29M
State: California
Posts: 2,758
THOR #3156
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieGeek View Post
Dip the screws in a good wood glue before screwing into the wall; gives you a little bit extra holding power in the thin walls.

I've installed everything in our past few RVs this way and nothing has fallen off or pulled out of the walls.
Thanks Jamie. Good tip. Im pretty sure the screws will go into the studs, but ill keep your tip in mibd.

Jerry
__________________
https://www.thorforums.com/forums/f2...mods-4609.html
Jerry, Maria, and Sasha 6lb Yorkie
2017 Thor Hurricane 29M
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
FMCA # F464385
halfprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 05:21 PM   #1251
Senior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport. 35M
State: New York
Posts: 304
THOR #6199
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev View Post
Great info thanks for the heads up. Was it a Ford dealer or the RV dealer who advised you of the recall?

Thanks
I was at the Ford Truck Dealer. Oil change cost $64.93 total. That includes Erie County New York Tax.
__________________
Shawn
2017 Windsport 35M
Shawn62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 05:50 PM   #1252
Senior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2016 A.C.E. 30.1
State: South Carolina
Posts: 190
THOR #5641
I have installed a ceiling vent right under the blower in the A/C vent cover and noticed that when the a/c turns on the whole left side a/c vents there is no air coming out. If I close that vent I installed then a little air will come out of the left side vent, but not much. Has anyone else experienced this?
__________________
Dippytwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 10:03 PM   #1253
Senior Member
 
halfprice's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 29M
State: California
Posts: 2,758
THOR #3156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippytwo View Post
I have installed a ceiling vent right under the blower in the A/C vent cover and noticed that when the a/c turns on the whole left side a/c vents there is no air coming out. If I close that vent I installed then a little air will come out of the left side vent, but not much. Has anyone else experienced this?
Hmmm i havent noticed this with mine. I would take the cover off again and make sure nothing moved causing a blockage.

Jerry
__________________
https://www.thorforums.com/forums/f2...mods-4609.html
Jerry, Maria, and Sasha 6lb Yorkie
2017 Thor Hurricane 29M
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
FMCA # F464385
halfprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 11:23 PM   #1254
Senior Member
 
dcbenny's Avatar
 
Brand: Still Looking
Model: Forest River GTS 2800QSF
State: Florida
Posts: 460
THOR #5326
Everyone have a safe Memorial Day weekend and pray for the ones that gave
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1513.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	162.5 KB
ID:	5039  
__________________
Don & Liz B.
Pink Retired Greyhound
Forest River
Sunseeker 2800QSF GTS
2015 Windsport 27K
dcbenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 12:20 AM   #1255
Senior Member
 
halfprice's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 29M
State: California
Posts: 2,758
THOR #3156
You too Don. Very patriotic looking 👍👍

Don did you do any reinforcement to the cargo area where you put your air compressor. Im looking for one and im trying to go light weigh but want something quality built. Your P&C has great reviews. I was thinking about the P&C cmb15. Its 16lbs lighter than yours.

Any thoughts on this

Jerry
__________________
https://www.thorforums.com/forums/f2...mods-4609.html
Jerry, Maria, and Sasha 6lb Yorkie
2017 Thor Hurricane 29M
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
FMCA # F464385
halfprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 12:24 AM   #1256
Senior Member
 
halfprice's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 29M
State: California
Posts: 2,758
THOR #3156
Don,
Yours is 10 lbs lighter. My mistake.
__________________
https://www.thorforums.com/forums/f2...mods-4609.html
Jerry, Maria, and Sasha 6lb Yorkie
2017 Thor Hurricane 29M
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
FMCA # F464385
halfprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 01:00 AM   #1257
Senior Member
 
dcbenny's Avatar
 
Brand: Still Looking
Model: Forest River GTS 2800QSF
State: Florida
Posts: 460
THOR #5326
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfprice View Post
Don,
Yours is 10 lbs lighter. My mistake.
No I removed the feet and drilled holes thru the floor where it was raised and then bolted up thru the feet hope you understand I will get a pic and post
__________________
Don & Liz B.
Pink Retired Greyhound
Forest River
Sunseeker 2800QSF GTS
2015 Windsport 27K
dcbenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 01:07 AM   #1258
Senior Member
 
SuperD's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
Posts: 3,692
THOR #5196
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfprice View Post
You too Don. Very patriotic looking 👍👍

Don did you do any reinforcement to the cargo area where you put your air compressor. Im looking for one and im trying to go light weigh but want something quality built. Your P&C has great reviews. I was thinking about the P&C cmb15. Its 16lbs lighter than yours.

Any thoughts on this

Jerry
Jerry, not to but in but thought you might like to see this. Porter Cable compressor, 150 psi, 20 lbs, comes with a hose and several accessories, $99 on Amazon. Has good output and works great.
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0106.JPG
Views:	125
Size:	41.4 KB
ID:	5041
__________________
USMC Veteran
FMCA 101070S

Dave & Myra
One day your life will flash before your eyes,
make sure it's worth watching!
SuperD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 01:13 AM   #1259
Senior Member
 
dcbenny's Avatar
 
Brand: Still Looking
Model: Forest River GTS 2800QSF
State: Florida
Posts: 460
THOR #5326
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfprice View Post
Don,
Yours is 10 lbs lighter. My mistake.
Here are some pics, it was sitting in my garage from a remodeling projector i did on house so i mounted it in RV instead of it sitting in the garage cabinet
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1565.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	109.2 KB
ID:	5042   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1569.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	97.4 KB
ID:	5043  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1567.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	88.5 KB
ID:	5044   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1568.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	95.1 KB
ID:	5045  

__________________
Don & Liz B.
Pink Retired Greyhound
Forest River
Sunseeker 2800QSF GTS
2015 Windsport 27K
dcbenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 03:28 AM   #1260
Senior Member
 
halfprice's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 29M
State: California
Posts: 2,758
THOR #3156
Don,
I understood and its a good install. I would need to run power to the cargo compartment also.

Dave thats the cmb 15 i was referring to.

Still think ill go with that one dave. Lighter and easier to store and move around.
Thanks Don and Dave.

Jerry
__________________

__________________
https://www.thorforums.com/forums/f2...mods-4609.html
Jerry, Maria, and Sasha 6lb Yorkie
2017 Thor Hurricane 29M
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
FMCA # F464385
halfprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.




All times are GMT. The time now is 10:36 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
×