Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Modifications and Updates
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-26-2017, 08:43 PM   #1621

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Renegade Valencia 38RB
State: California
THOR #3156
Had an interesting call with lippert today. I called to see if any additional lubing was needed with the 3 track slide system. Ive watched the video and ordered the recommended CRC spray. The rep said that was an old video and all they recommend now is compressed air to clean out the motor area. To confirm this he also asked several other reps. He also just to check under the bottom slide seal for metal shavings. If shavings are found something is out of square causing grinding.

So what do you guys think?????

2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
FMCA # F464385
halfprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 08:49 PM   #1622

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
THOR #5196
Quote:
Originally Posted by David1912 View Post
Think I found what you used...Safety 1st multi appliance, decor...2 pack for $2.53 as add on Amazon item?
That's it, a 2 pack.
Old 06-26-2017, 08:53 PM   #1623

THOR #5196
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfprice View Post
Had an interesting call with lippert today. I called to see if any additional lubing was needed with the 3 track slide system. Ive watched the video and ordered the recommended CRC spray. The rep said that was an old video and all they recommend now is compressed air to clean out the motor area. To confirm this he also asked several other reps. He also just to check under the bottom slide seal for metal shavings. If shavings are found something is out of square causing grinding.

Not sure what to think now. I bought the lube and did mine per the video 2-3 months ago. Guess I won't do it again! Can't imagine it would hurt anything. Thanks for the info, guess I'll save the lube for something else.
Old 06-26-2017, 09:28 PM   #1624

Model: Ace 29.2
State: Georgia
THOR #6481
Jerry's Hurricane mods

Quote:

I think if it works correctly without lube don't lube it.lube attracts dirt this will cause big problems.....
Old 06-26-2017, 09:42 PM   #1625

Brand: Redwood
Model: 36FB
State: Arizona
THOR #3610
Mine has been lubed almost monthly since new & have not had any issues. I also don't use the CRC brand either, I buy mine a Wal-Mart for about 1/2 the price & use it on jacks, slides, slide rollers, door hinges/latches, awning arms, hydraulic slide gears/rams & anything that moves, I WON'T use WD40 on any of the above (or anything but rusty bolts), it's a dirt/dust magnet & deteriorates rubber.
Click image for larger version

Name:	20161005_120522.jpg
Views:	203
Size:	65.5 KB
ID:	5479
Here's what I use & in my opinion due to their exposure to moisture I will keep using it on the tracks & the motors plus all the above mentioned items.
Replacement undetermined
Travelin' Texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 10:15 PM   #1626

THOR #6481
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelin' Texans View Post
Mine has been lubed almost monthly since new & have not had any issues. I also don't use the CRC brand either, I buy mine a Wal-Mart for about 1/2 the price & use it on jacks, slides, slide rollers, door hinges/latches, awning arms, hydraulic slide gears/rams & anything that moves, I WON'T use WD40 on any of the above (or anything but rusty bolts), it's a dirt/dust magnet & deteriorates rubber.
Attachment 5479
Here's what I use & in my opinion due to their exposure to moisture I will keep using it on the tracks & the motors plus all the above mentioned items.

That lube is for weatherstripping not mechanical parts
Old 06-26-2017, 10:50 PM   #1627

Model: Windsport. 35M
State: New York
THOR #6199
Quote:

I used PTFE Dry Lube with Teflon Spray by PB Blaster. Got it at a Home Depot. Under $6. It also worked well on some sticky polymer rifle magazines.
Old 06-26-2017, 11:28 PM   #1628

Model: Windsport. 35M
State: New York
THOR #6199
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperD View Post
Something for everyone to check if you haven't already: I was checking the anti siphon valves under the bathroom and kitchen sinks, both were only in about one thread, surprised they didn't fall off. It took numerous turns to get the valves tight, it would be a good idea to check yours.
Thanks for the heads up Dave. My anti siphon valves were ok but the slip joint connections for the drain/trap were very loose.

Shawn.
Old 06-26-2017, 11:57 PM   #1629

THOR #3156
It looks like Progressive ins at $660. My original ins was through a broker with RV America, they had the lowest premium and best coverage. I called them to question the increase. She said there was a nationwide increase that started March of this year.

She priced Progressive for me and was cheaper than what i got when i checked them directly. Same or better coverage than what i had.

So im good for another year. Hopefully it will stay the same.

Jerry
FMCA # F464385
Old 06-27-2017, 12:02 AM   #1630

THOR #5196
Good deal Jerry, glad it worked out for you! Insurance is such a pain!
Old 06-27-2017, 12:39 AM   #1631

THOR #6481
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tfryman View Post
When we bought our ACE 27.1 in April we got a quote from State Farm since they insure our house and all our other vehicles. Hands down they were the highest by several hundred dollars. We insured with Good Sam (General) and also moved my toad from State Farm to GS since it was cheaper and there would only be a single deductible to worry about in case both were involved in an accident while towing.

I would be curious as to what your amount of your liability coverages were . And to why mine is so much higher. It's not State Farm because I shop every rear and there all about the same....I going to call tomorrow and see what good Sams says
Old 06-27-2017, 12:51 AM   #1632

THOR #5196
It has to do with the state and local where you are insured. Not every company is in every state, and even if they are licensed there it may be for only certain types of vehicles.

I had State Farm for over 30 years, when I went full time in SC they could no longer insure me, had to switch companies because they weren't licensed for that in SC. I don't know why they are licensed for some coverages and not others but they are.
Old 06-27-2017, 01:08 AM   #1633

THOR #6481
Jerry's Hurricane mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperD View Post
It has to do with the state and local where you are insured. Not every company is in every state, and even if they are licensed there it may be for only certain types of vehicles.

I had State Farm for over 30 years, when I went full time in SC they could no longer insure me, had to switch companies because they weren't licensed for that in SC. I don't know why they are licensed for some coverages and not others but they are.

mine is $250,000.00 500,000.00
Old 06-27-2017, 01:54 AM   #1634

THOR #3156
250k-500k-100k 500 deductible
FMCA # F464385
Old 06-27-2017, 02:38 AM   #1635

THOR #6481
Quote:
250k-500k-100k 500 deductible

I'm call in the morning
Old 06-27-2017, 03:00 AM   #1636

THOR #3156
Quote:
Originally Posted by churd9 View Post
I'm call in the morning
Call Diamond at 8187356770 #1220 and see what she can do for you
FMCA # F464385
Old 06-27-2017, 03:38 AM   #1637

Brand: Redwood
Model: 36FB
State: Arizona
THOR #3610
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelin' Texans View Post
Attachment 5479
Quote:
Originally Posted by churd9 View Post
That lube is for weatherstripping not mechanical parts
I guess you could use on the seals, personally I use Pledge furniture polish (recommended by lead service center tech).
Replacement undetermined
Travelin' Texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 09:55 AM   #1638

THOR #6481
Jerry's Hurricane mods

Quote:
Call Diamond at 8187356770 #1220 and see what she can do for you

Thanks Jerry
I sure am ,
I just looked and State Farm slipped a quick one in on me I now have 100k300k100k not what I usually keep....
Old 06-27-2017, 04:29 PM   #1639

THOR #6481
Quote:
It looks like Progressive ins at $660. My original ins was through a broker with RV America, they had the lowest premium and best coverage. I called them to question the increase. She said there was a nationwide increase that started March of this year.

She priced Progressive for me and was cheaper than what i got when i checked them directly. Same or better coverage than what i had.

So im good for another year. Hopefully it will stay the same.

Jerry

I called you the # you gave me diamond transfer me to a guy from rv America .he quoted me 695$ for a year for 100k300k100k 500 deductible.is this where you got the rate from progressive....? He said he checked and safeco was cheapest. I hate insurance company's I am going to call progressive myself and see
Old 06-27-2017, 04:41 PM   #1640

THOR #3156
I hate them also but they are a necessary evil. Diamond is a broker for rv america. Yes she got me that price for progressive ins. When i priced Progressive directly they were more money. Not much more $30 if i remeber correctly.

We will all have some difference in price depending on where we live. I tried safeco and thay were high.

Its all a racket. All we can do is price shop every year.

Jerry
FMCA # F464385