Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Modifications and Updates
Click Here to Login

Old 06-28-2017, 09:16 PM   #1661

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
THOR #5196
Quote:
Originally Posted by churd9 View Post
Better check your state laws but the cams that were installed on your mirrors and wired to the dash radios are intended for backing not for use while driving down the road. The trucking industry has tried to get dot to let them use then so that they can make there trucks aerodynamic but they have not allowed them to....
The trucking industry wanted to do away with mirrors and replace with cameras completely, DOT said no due to lack of vision if there was a failure. I still have mirrors as required by law, there is no law I know of that prevents using cameras full time in conjunction with mirrors. If there is such a law that stupid they can KMA!!!

Old 06-28-2017, 09:26 PM   #1662

THOR #5196
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfprice View Post
Decided to make a couple loaves of sourdough bread yesterday. Its time consuming work. Prep, mixing, stretch and folds takes about 7-8 hours then over night in the fridge to proof. Cooked this morning for 40 minates at 450* came out very good.

Jerry
Attachment 5503
Oooohhh, that looks good!!! Not nice to tease people like that! Lol
Old 06-28-2017, 09:26 PM   #1663

Model: Ace 29.2
State: Georgia
THOR #6481
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperD View Post
The trucking industry wanted to do away with mirrors and replace with cameras completely, DOT said no due to lack of vision if there was a failure. I still have mirrors as required by law, there is no law I know of that prevents using cameras full time in conjunction with mirrors. If there is such a law that stupid they can KMA!!!

California has strict law as to where you can mount a gps in your vehicle to the 5 in part of the windshield on the left of the driver and 7 in on the passenger side
It's not the cams it's the monitor it's like having a tv on the dash
Old 06-28-2017, 09:29 PM   #1664

THOR #5196
Quote:
California has strict law as to where you can mount a gps in your vehicle to the 5 in part of the windshield on the left of the driver and 7 in on the passenger side
It's not the cams it's the monitor it's like having a tv on the dash
Good thing I'm not planning on going to California! Actually my gps is below my line of sight to the road, I don't like anything blocking my vision.

"The California GPS mounting law allows drivers to mount the GPS in one of two locations on the windshield, depending on the size of the GPS: seven inch square GPS devices may be mounted in the lower corner of the windshield on the passenger side; and five-inch square GPS may be mounted in the lower corner on the driver's side. The GPS placement must not interfere with the air bag."
Old 06-28-2017, 10:53 PM   #1665
gmc

Model: Hurricane 32A
State: Florida
THOR #2829
Quote:
Better check your state laws but the cams that were installed on your mirrors and wired to the dash radios are intended for backing not for use while driving down the road. The trucking industry has tried to get dot to let them use then so that they can make there trucks aerodynamic but they have not allowed them to....
If they weren't intended for use while driving - then they wouldn't engage while in DRIVE with the turn signal on...
Personally I find myself using the side mirrors themselves more than the camera display - but they are there to be used...

Quote:
The trucking industry wanted to do away with mirrors and replace with cameras completely, DOT said no due to lack of vision if there was a failure....
DOT's response makes sense to me - as I have had multiple failures of the camera system (thank you Jensen - as my last replacement flaked out on recent trip)... While I can get along without the rear camera while driving - if I didn't have the side cameras OR a mirror - would be a challenge to change lanes, etc...
2014 Hurricane 32A
2000 Infinity (previous)
gmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 11:40 PM   #1666

Model: Ace 29.2
State: Georgia
THOR #6481
Most cars that have cams like the MB only work while in reverse or park and when you start forward it switches to menu and you can't get back to the cams till you stop or back up
Old 06-29-2017, 09:10 PM   #1667

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Renegade Valencia 38RB
State: California
THOR #3156
Been pretty lazy the past couple weeks so i decided to do a little, very little work today.

Took off the tpms sensors and painted the caps white. Hopefully the sun wont heat them up as much.

Ran the gen with ac on for its monthly work out. Drove the mh around town and freeway for about 45 minutes. I want to make this a monthly routine also.

When i got back i noticed the ac condensation drain is right above the battery. Some of the water was hitting the battery. Hmmm i need to fix that. The water was coming from a nipple so i just attached, i believe its 5/8, clear hose and ran it down. I zip tied the hose to some other cables towards the bottom.

Jerry
Click image for larger version

Name:	20170629_134205.jpg
Views:	217
Size:	62.0 KB
ID:	5522
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
FMCA # F464385
halfprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 09:17 PM   #1668
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
Quote:
Been pretty lazy the past couple weeks so i decided to do a little, very little work today.

Took off the tpms sensors and painted the caps white. Hopefully the sun wont heat them up as much.

Ran the gen with ac on for its monthly work out. Drove the mh around town and freeway for about 45 minutes. I want to make this a monthly routine also.

When i got back i noticed the ac condensation drain is right above the battery. Some of the water was hitting the battery. Hmmm i need to fix that. The water was coming from a nipple so i just attached, i believe its 5/8, clear hose and ran it down. I zip tied the hose to some other cables towards the bottom.

Jerry
Attachment 5522
I found that "missing hose" problem on my ACE a couple of months ago when my DW complained about water spraying by her feet. Seems the 65 MPH wind was creating a high pressure area by that drain nipple due to the rubber divider behind it, so condensate couldn't drain and backed up in the evaporator area. 5/8" hose down to the inside of my right front fender solved that issue.
Old 06-29-2017, 10:11 PM   #1669

THOR #3156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tfryman View Post
I found that "missing hose" problem on my ACE a couple of months ago when my DW complained about water spraying by her feet. Seems the 65 MPH wind was creating a high pressure area by that drain nipple due to the rubber divider behind it, so condensate couldn't drain and backed up in the evaporator area. 5/8" hose down to the inside of my right front fender solved that issue.
I bet a few more unnamed people will be doing this soon.

Jerry
FMCA # F464385
Old 06-29-2017, 10:14 PM   #1670

THOR #3156
Just got the word my neck surgery has finally been approved.

Now i have to cancel the 3 campgrounds along the coast. No motorhoming for the next 3 to 6 months.

Jerry
FMCA # F464385
Old 06-29-2017, 10:23 PM   #1671

THOR #5196
Quote:
Just got the word my neck surgery has finally been approved.

Now i have to cancel the 3 campgrounds along the coast. No motorhoming for the next 3 to 6 months.

Jerry
Know you are probably dreading the surgery, just think how much better you'll feel when it's done and over! When is your date? Myra and I will keep you in our thoughts and prayers for a smooth and speedy recovery!!!

Myra is scheduled for shoulder surgery on 7-13, she's been having a lot of pain and looking forward to getting it fixed. Good thing is she'll have her own private duty nurse!

Have a Happy and Safe 4th!!! Dave & Myra
Old 06-29-2017, 10:53 PM   #1672

THOR #5196
Quote:

Jerry
Attachment 5522
I'll need to check that drain on ours, thanks for the tip! Wondering if painting the sensors will make a difference, might do that one later, thanks for that one too!
Old 06-29-2017, 11:01 PM   #1673

Model: Windsport 29M
State: Texas
THOR #2757
Quote:

Jerry
Attachment 5522
Can you take some pictures of the battery compartment mod?

2012 Jeep Liberty Sport 4X4 (Toad)
FMCA: F463694
DinoC41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 11:40 PM   #1674

THOR #3156
Here you go.

Haed to tell from tge ladt oic but its tunning down tiward tge ground and zip tied

JerryClick image for larger version

Name:	20170629_163512.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	54.5 KB
ID:	5528Click image for larger version

Name:	20170629_163518.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	69.8 KB
ID:	5529Click image for larger version

Name:	20170629_163558.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	45.2 KB
ID:	5530
FMCA # F464385
Old 06-29-2017, 11:42 PM   #1675

THOR #3156
Quote:
Know you are probably dreading the surgery, just think how much better you'll feel when it's done and over! When is your date? Myra and I will keep you in our thoughts and prayers for a smooth and speedy recovery!!!

Myra is scheduled for shoulder surgery on 7-13, she's been having a lot of pain and looking forward to getting it fixed. Good thing is she'll have her own private duty nurse!

Have a Happy and Safe 4th!!! Dave & Myra
Ive been fight to get approval for a year. Now that it's here im scared shitless. Spine surgery jyst scares me. Luckily Marias been an rn for 30+ years and works out patient and mine OR. Ill be in good hands when i get home.

Jerry
FMCA # F464385
Old 06-29-2017, 11:44 PM   #1676

THOR #3156
Quote:
I'll need to check that drain on ours, thanks for the tip! Wondering if painting the sensors will make a difference, might do that one later, thanks for that one too!
I got the painting idea from tire minder. Black cover absorbs the heat from the sun.
FMCA # F464385
Old 06-29-2017, 11:45 PM   #1677

THOR #3156
Sorry for all the typos. Fat fingers and maria wants food so typing fast
FMCA # F464385
Old 06-30-2017, 12:12 AM   #1678

THOR #3156
Dave,
I hope Myra does well. Keep us informed.
FMCA # F464385
Old 06-30-2017, 12:15 AM   #1679

THOR #5196
Quote:
Ive been fight to get approval for a year. Now that it's here im scared shitless. Spine surgery jyst scares me. Luckily Marias been an rn for 30+ years and works out patient and mine OR. Ill be in good hands when i get home.

Jerry
Spinal surgery is pretty routine now since they've done so many, but it's ok to be scared. I was scared when I had my bypass and I've seen hundreds of them! I've been an RN over 25 years, most in ICU, seen a lot of spinals, never seen one go bad, that's a good thing! Glad you have your own private duty nurse too, that'll make it a lot easier for you, sure Maria will take good care of you!!! I'm uh rootin' for ya!!!
Old 06-30-2017, 12:18 AM   #1680

THOR #5196
Quote:
Dave,
I hope Myra does well. Keep us informed.
You keep us informed too!!! Please!