Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Modifications and Updates
Click Here to Login

Old 02-07-2018, 03:21 PM   #2641

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 29M, 50Amp
State: Louisiana
THOR #10418
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev View Post
I don't know if it retracts the jacks, I have always done that from the control panel inside the coach before leaving. I will have to check that out. It does however, put the slides in and out, put the awning in and out, put the awning light on or off, and starts the generator. I have never had a problem with mine and always use it when putting the slide out to make sure there isn't any obstructions.

Kev
Kev, yes mine works fine and operates everything you described except for retracting the jacks which I've been doing from inside also.

USAF Veteran
jdharrington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 03:28 PM   #2642
Kev

Model: Windsport
State: Florida
THOR #3918
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdharrington View Post
Kev, yes mine works fine and operates everything you described except for retracting the jacks which I've been doing from inside also.
Ok, glad everything is operating correctly. I will have to check the retracting of the jacks the next time I go camping. I have also replaced both analog thermostats with digital and I think its a great improvement.
Old 02-07-2018, 03:39 PM   #2643

THOR #10418
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfprice View Post
Much better

Attachment 4380
Jerry, in this picture you posted of your driver and passenger seats facing backwards it reminded me that in our 2018 Windsport 29m, the drivers seat will not turn completely around facing backwards. The left seat arm hits the steering wheel. I've tried everything I can to adjust the steering wheel and seat and can't make it turn all the way around.

Thanks,
USAF Veteran
Old 02-07-2018, 03:47 PM   #2644

THOR #10418
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn62 View Post
Don,

Those ladders are great. Watch your fingers and thumbs as you retract it.
Shawn, can you post a link to where I can purchase one of these ladders , or let me know if someone already has?

Thanks,
USAF Veteran
Old 02-07-2018, 03:58 PM   #2645

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Renegade Valencia 38RB
State: California
THOR #3156
Quote:
Jerry, in this picture you posted of your driver and passenger seats facing backwards it reminded me that in our 2018 Windsport 29m, the drivers seat will not turn completely around facing backwards. The left seat arm hits the steering wheel. I've tried everything I can to adjust the steering wheel and seat and can't make it turn all the way around.

Thanks,
Remove the arm!! Lift arm to the upright position push in at the pivot point. May have to hit it with your palm. At the same time you hit it push the arm backwards. Rotate it til it stops then pull the arm off

JerryClick image for larger version

Name:	20170414_110559.jpg
Views:	231
Size:	58.4 KB
ID:	8927Click image for larger version

Name:	20170414_110607.jpg
Views:	234
Size:	53.5 KB
ID:	8928
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
FMCA # F464385
halfprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 04:37 PM   #2646

Model: Hurricane 29M
State: Minnesota
THOR #7948
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev View Post
I don't know if it retracts the jacks, I have always done that from the control panel inside the coach before leaving. I will have to check that out. It does however, put the slides in and out, put the awning in and out, put the awning light on or off, and starts the generator. I have never had a problem with mine and always use it when putting the slides out to make sure there isn't any obstructions.

Kev
Kev and
jdharrington

I used the Rapid Camp remote to install our Snap Pads. I found you have to set up the manual function on the inside control panel to get the remote to control the up and down motion of the jacks. I haven’t tried it, but I assume if the inside control panel is set on automatic you can start the auto leveling remotely with Rapid Camp and the same would be true when you want to retract the jacks. Unfortunately, we are currently in a condo in Florida instead of in our Hurricane in (very) cold Minnesota so I can’t check out my auto retract theory. Wait, wait. I guess that isn’t so unfortunate.

Tom
Old 02-07-2018, 04:38 PM   #2647
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
Quote:
Shawn, can you post a link to where I can purchase one of these ladders , or let me know if someone already has?

Thanks,
Amazon has everything!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 05:03 PM   #2648

THOR #10418
Quote:
Originally Posted by campinking View Post
Hello everyone, after visiting that factory last week I would like to post what changes they make to the 2018 models. I know that I have seen that people were saying that there would be a glass top electric cooking range. The gas burner range remains, but it has a two piece folding glass cover over it. Here is a list of other changes:

1. New outside graphics & a darker brown partial paint, more like a taupe on the Windsport-not sure about the Hurricane model

2. No outside gas grill this year

3. interior couches, dinette tops and drivers seats a shade darker-same interior color options

4. Power seat, 15k air and one ceiling vent fan are now standard

5. Counter tops are now thicker

6. Bathroom counter top is a few inches taller

7. The floor is a different design, the pattern does not run on a diagonal

8. If you have the Maple cabinets, they are a different shade of light maple

9. 40 inch TV in the main area

10. All TV's are changed to a different company not Sieki

11. Dinette has stitching on the top of the cushions

~Chris
Chris, we purchased a 2018 Windsport 29M in November 2017 and ours does still have the Seiki TV's in all locations. I guess Thor ran out of whatever brand they had replaced the Seiki's with when ours was built!
USAF Veteran
Old 02-07-2018, 05:32 PM   #2649

THOR #10418
Quote:
Kev,
Im not saying this hose works. Just saying thats the one i was given. My bbq is still in the box.

Jerry
Hi Jerry, don't know if you still have the Aussie that came with your 29M but if you do and interested in selling it let me know. As Kev said, the 2018 doesn't come with one now and I would like to get one. Or, if you might know of where I can purchase one?
USAF Veteran
Old 02-07-2018, 05:35 PM   #2650

Model: Hurricane 29M
THOR #4312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tfryman View Post

I bought one of those ladders 6 months ago. They work great

Be a blessing to someone
Classictint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 05:39 PM   #2651

THOR #3156
Quote:
Hi Jerry, don't know if you still have the Aussie that came with your 29M but if you do and interested in selling it let me know. As Kev said, the 2018 doesn't come with one now and I would like to get one. Or, if you might know of where I can purchase one?
Yes I might be interested. Mine is still in the box and sitting in the bed storage next to the the bbq stand. Not sure what its worth and the shipping might be high.

Jerry
FMCA # F464385
Old 02-07-2018, 05:48 PM   #2652

THOR #10418
Quote:
Originally Posted by DinoC41 View Post
Angie, Windy and I are currently in Austin, TX to attend my Grandson's graduation from the University of Texas!!! Check out another Mod...the flagpole attached to the rear ladder
Dino, if you're ever in Austin again let me know and if we can, Eva and I would love to meet you and Angie and visit.
USAF Veteran
Old 02-07-2018, 07:06 PM   #2653

THOR #10418
Quote:
Originally Posted by campinking View Post
Just pick up my 2018 29M Windsport today. Did anyone have an issue with wind noise coming from the front windshield area? I had a strong headwind on the way home and at speeds over 35MPH there was a loud wind noise. Looked around the internet and some people say it might be the mirrors out to far? I did push them out to adjust them. I can't believe how some things get past inspection. There are 2 blocks fiberglassed on the the underside of the engine hood that the lift brackets attach to, one block was placed over an inch lower than the other and the hood does not close on the one side because it hits the opening. They are either going to try and trim the block or order a new hood. The outside has a few deep scratches / chips in the fiberglass and a decal that is peeling off. Also the steering wheel was not centered and needs to get a front end alignment. Taking it out this week for a maiden voyage then back to the dealer on Monday for the repairs.
Chris, we picked up our 2018 Windsport 29M in November 2017 and the steering wheel was not centered on our also. The dealer promised when we were negotiating the deal that it just needed an alignment and they would take care of it. Sad to say, here it is February 2018 and the issue is still there. First thing the dealer did was take it in for an alignment and the service center said the alignment was fine. They said what is needed is for the steering to be removed from the gear box and realigned and that it would be a Ford Warranty issue and I needed to call a Ford Service center to get it fixed.

I've called Ford Service centers and found some that won't even touch it and some say that they can adjust it, but that Ford will not cover it because Thor removes the steering column when installing the rig on the chassis. I have an appointment with one of the Ford Dealers next Friday to get it checked and now I'm working with Thor to see if they will cover it under Warranty.

Thanks,
USAF Veteran
Old 02-07-2018, 07:16 PM   #2654

THOR #10418
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amespa View Post
Thanks for these posts. I have a 29m Hurricane (2017) and it has storage under one of the dining benches. I saw on the larger MHs the "bench" was a large pull out drawer. Anyone know if that is doable on the 29m?

Also I organized under my bed and it's very handy: At the DOLLAR TREE store they sell very large "baggies" and they have handles on the top of each one. They have 3 sizes. The XXL holds a whole comforter. The XL holds a whole set of sheets and pillow cases and a pillow. I put a full set of sheets, blankets, pillows, etc in the bags, labeled the tops and they stand up nicely. I can reach in and grab the whole bag. I also store the cab table and pole there so it doesn't take up half of my closet. You could store anything in the bags and they are extremely sturdy. We use them for hoses etc as well in outside bins. They come 3 LARGE, 2 XLRG, or 1XXL for a buck! I bring lots of extras too.

Lastly my manual says that there is supposed to be gas struts to hold up the under bed storage. Service Dept checking on that. Anyone else have them?
Dave, we have the 2018 Windsport 29M and there were no service struts installed under our bed. Wondering if you ever called Thor and what the answer was?

Thanks,
USAF Veteran
Old 02-07-2018, 07:18 PM   #2655

THOR #3156
Quote:
Chris, we picked up our 2018 Windsport 29M in November 2017 and the steering wheel was not centered on our also. The dealer promised when we were negotiating the deal that it just needed an alignment and they would take care of it. Sad to say, here it is February 2018 and the issue is still there. First thing the dealer did was take it in for an alignment and the service center said the alignment was fine. They said what is needed is for the steering to be removed from the gear box and realigned and that it would be a Ford Warranty issue and I needed to call a Ford Service center to get it fixed.

I've called Ford Service centers and found some that won't even touch it and some say that they can adjust it, but that Ford will not cover it because Thor removes the steering column when installing the rig on the chassis. I have an appointment with one of the Ford Dealers next Friday to get it checked and now I'm working with Thor to see if they will cover it under Warranty.

Thanks,
Centering is a fairly easy fix. On irv2 they have a detail description on how to do it

When i had my alignment the steering was off took the guy 2 minutes to fix it
FMCA # F464385
Old 02-07-2018, 08:29 PM   #2656

THOR #10418
Quote:
Centering is a fairly easy fix. On irv2 they have a detail description on how to do it

When i had my alignment the steering was off took the guy 2 minutes to fix it
Jerry,

When I took it to a service center for alignment, they told me the alignment was ok but that it would require that the steering column be removed from the gear box and the gears realigned to straighten it out. Is this what you are saying is an easy fix?
USAF Veteran
Old 02-07-2018, 09:54 PM   #2657

THOR #3156
Yes its done from under tge motor. Steering box is in front of and below the motor

Taking the steering wheel off inside the mh isnt needed
FMCA # F464385
Old 02-07-2018, 10:16 PM   #2658

THOR #10418
Quote:
Yes its done from under tge motor. Steering box is in front of and below the motor

Taking the steering wheel off inside the mh isnt needed
Jerry, I was going by what I was told and what you say makes sense. I hope that's all that's needed when I take it to Ford for the fix next week.

Thanks,
USAF Veteran
Old 02-08-2018, 01:40 AM   #2659

Model: Windsport 29M
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #10254
Quote:
Chris, we purchased a 2018 Windsport 29M in November 2017 and ours does still have the Seiki TV's in all locations. I guess Thor ran out of whatever brand they had replaced the Seiki's with when ours was built!
JD- that's weird...we got our Windsport 29M in early Dec and it came with the Axxera TV's.
Old 02-08-2018, 02:01 AM   #2660

Model: Windsport 29M
State: Texas
THOR #2757
Quote:
Hi Dino, We took delivery of our 29M in November 2017 and have not had much time to take her out or add some of the mods I've been seeing posted, some of which you, Jerry (HalfPrice), and others have done are great! We are going to retire soon and will be spending a lot more time in the RV and doing the mods.

I'm going to do some of the mods that I've seen from you, Jerry and others, first being the CHF mod and adding the Safe T Plus.

I have a question about the Progressive EMS 50amp Hardwired install that I see you did. Was is difficult to install? Can you provide me information on any issues you might have ran into during the installation?

Congrats on your purchase! We got our 29M exactly the year before, same month at MHSRV. As for the EMS, it was not difficult to install and I had no issues. There are several videos on YouTube that were a great help to me and the others who installed that unit. I think you will be okay!! Post pics when you are finished and good luck.

By the way, we love our 29M's!!!!

2012 Jeep Liberty Sport 4X4 (Toad)
FMCA: F463694
DinoC41 is offline   Reply With Quote