Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Modifications and Updates
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-24-2018, 05:41 PM   #2701

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 29M
State: Missouri
THOR #10712
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfprice View Post
The plates arent really needed. Most people never extend the links. I did it because i had the ability to do so. I just like having the sway bar arms close to level

If you really want them go to irv2 and search for TeJay. He pretty much took over the huge chf thread over there. Hes been making and selling them for about $50. Hes the one that came up with the plate idea in the first place

A local welding shop should be able to make them for you fairly easy. Heres a guide/ template for you. BUT use 2 pieces of 4" plate not 3 and 4. TeJay took this pic that he made for his. He already extended his link a bit so his plate didnt need as much lenght

Jerry Attachment 9130
Thanks Jerry

Old 02-24-2018, 06:02 PM   #2702

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Renegade Valencia 38RB
State: California
THOR #3156
Making the plate and drilling the 2 bottom mounting holes is the easy part. The plate has to to be mounted to the sway bar arm then leveled. Once level, or where you want the arm, then the top holes have to be marked and drilled. Using the top link as a guide slide it across the top plate marking it at the stock and chf position

Hope this makes sence

Jerry
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
FMCA # F464385
halfprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 02:51 AM   #2703

THOR #10712
[QUOTE=halfprice;109565]Making the plate and drilling the 2 bottom mounting holes is the easy part. The plate has to to be mounted to the sway bar arm then leveled. Once level, or where you want the arm, then the top holes have to be marked and drilled. Using the top link as a guide slide it across the top plate marking it at the stock and chf position

Hope this makes sence

Jerry

Yes. Gonna crawl under tomorrow so I can see it. Will make more sense then I am sure
Old 02-26-2018, 09:03 PM   #2704

Model: 2018 Windsport 29M
State: Alabama
THOR #9405
New to Site

Hi Everyone, I've been following this thread for a few months now and have completed a bunch of the mods that have been posted. This is a great way to relay information to other owners. I've done the CHF, Curtains behind the drivers station, replaced heating vents, added a steering stabilizer, did the engine cowl with DynaMax along with under the floor of the driver and passenger plus other some fixes.
I've learned a lot from just reading all the posts, so please keep up the great ideas there're very helpful.

Tony
Old 02-26-2018, 09:18 PM   #2705

Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
THOR #5196
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobrasp58 View Post
Hi Everyone, I've been following this thread for a few months now and have completed a bunch of the mods that have been posted. This is a great way to relay information to other owners. I've done the CHF, Curtains behind the drivers station, replaced heating vents, added a steering stabilizer, did the engine cowl with DynaMax along with under the floor of the driver and passenger plus other some fixes.
I've learned a lot from just reading all the posts, so please keep up the great ideas there're very helpful.

Tony
Thank halfprice (Jerry) for starting this Great thread. There have been many contributors, but Jerry started it all !!! Hard to believe this started as one page and now has grown to almost 140, WOW
Old 02-26-2018, 10:38 PM   #2706

Model: Ace 29.3
THOR #6522
Love it!
Old 02-27-2018, 03:23 AM   #2707

Model: ACE 30.4
State: West Virginia
THOR #8716
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdharrington View Post
Thanks Jerry, I will try next time in the rig.

I thought I had the same issue with our ACE. Could not get the drivers seat to turn all the way around to the living area. I was messing with it one day I moved the seat forward as far as it would go and lifted the reclining lever up and pushed the seat back forward. That provided enough room to swivel the seat so it faced toward the living area.
Old 02-27-2018, 01:47 PM   #2708

THOR #9405
Noise Reduction

I saw a post about using Dynamat on the engine cowling, so I tried it and it does make a big difference. I took off the original insulation that Thor had on the cowl (which wasn't on properly) and replaced it with Dynamat, then put the original stuff over that. I also placed Dynamat under the drivers and passengers floor, from under the MH. Between both of those additions it sounds about half as loud, we can have a normal conversation and when I'm on the phone thru the MH the person on the other end can actually hear me clearly. I would recommend this to everyone.

Tony
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Engine Cowl.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	124.1 KB
ID:	9184  
Old 02-28-2018, 12:17 AM   #2709

Model: Hurricane 35M
State: Arkansas
THOR #3744
Where did you get the material Tony?

Thanks!
Old 02-28-2018, 12:38 AM   #2710

Model: Hurricane 35M
State: Arkansas
THOR #3744
Chf

Quote:
Originally Posted by trod211 View Post
Thanks Dave! Yeah for sure going to start there. If I cant find anyone to make those spacers like Jerrys what do yall suggest?
I ordered a set of Hellwig 7962 11-14" Adjustable Endlinks and installed them in the inner holes. The links are adjustable and allow the sway bar to set level and also not bind and limit travel when the motorhome is raised all the way up on the levelers. The only thing you have to do is pop the metal bushing sleeve out of the OEM link and pop them into the Hellwig links, no biggie. We traveled over 6000 miles last fall on a two month trip and the rig drove great. Link to Hellwig endlinks on Amazon.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Vince
Old 02-28-2018, 12:21 PM   #2711

THOR #10712
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinceAndPam View Post
I ordered a set of Hellwig 7962 11-14" Adjustable Endlinks and installed them in the inner holes. The links are adjustable and allow the sway bar to set level and also not bind and limit travel when the motorhome is raised all the way up on the levelers. The only thing you have to do is pop the metal bushing sleeve out of the OEM link and pop them into the Hellwig links, no biggie. We traveled over 6000 miles last fall on a two month trip and the rig drove great. Link to Hellwig endlinks on Amazon.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Vince
Thanks!!
Old 02-28-2018, 01:52 PM   #2712

THOR #9405
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinceAndPam View Post
Where did you get the material Tony?

Thanks!
Here is the stuff I used for the cowling and underside. I got it from Amazon of course, the Items I bought were Dynamat 30' of tape and Fat Mat Self-Adhesive rattle trap sound deadener Pack which was 25sq ft. I did some research on the matting and found this stuff to be just as good as Dynamat, but you could get more of it for a lower price. It was very easy to use and work with, just remember the old insulation needs to be removed (try to save it and put it over the Fat Mat) the new stuff needs to go directly on the cowling. I had enough tape left over, to place the original insulation over the Fat Mat and tape it properly.
I've included the links below.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Tony
Old 02-28-2018, 02:43 PM   #2713

THOR #9405
Vince

I bought the items from Amazon (Of course), I included the links below. The material I used was Dynamat Tape 30' and Fat Mat Self-Adhesive Rattle Trap Sound Deadener Pack 25sq ft' x 80 mil thick. The Fat Mat was cheaper than Dynamat, works just as good, plus you could get more for your money.
You need to remove the original insulation from the cowl and put the Fat Mat on first, tape all the seams, hopefully you were able to save the original insulation, place that over the Fat Mat and tape it in place. I had enough tape to do both and the Fat Mat is pretty easy to work with (remember its very sticky). Between both of them it made a big difference, hope this helps.

Tony

Old 02-28-2018, 05:20 PM   #2714

State: Delaware
THOR #8127
trac bar and steering stabilizer added

Since we upgraded to a class A Thor from a class C Gulfstream, we have been reading these posts and mods many of you have done. While we only got to use it once before the winter, we finally got is back from RV shop to add a few things. While driving it home from Harrisburg after we bought it, I was blown all over the road. Scary and not relaxing drive!
I wanted a rear trac bar to stabilize and service dept recommended a blue ox true center steering stabilizer instead of safe T plus. I think they were trained on blue ox, plus it does have a switch they put on my dash that I can re calibrate when driving for road surface. I also had them do an alignment and found it was off center to right (toe -.54)
While driving back home after the install, the RV was much more stable and steering more true. Glad I got the alignment done too. Next on the wish list may be the tire pressure monitoring system or the Kona shocks.
Old 03-01-2018, 02:28 PM   #2715

State: Wisconsin
THOR #10804
I saw your curtain idea and we'll be in the Southwest in August. I told my husband and being the packrat that he is, he remembered seeing the brand new in the bag side curtains from a long discarded patio gazebo. The worked perfectly. They had loops on top and a center zipper and tie backs and were the right length. He installed a rod right behind the cab bunk. Bonus was that it's color was taupe and matched our unit so well like it was made for this purpose. Thanks for the tip.
Old 03-01-2018, 05:52 PM   #2716

State: Texas
THOR #2757
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurelDolan View Post
I saw your curtain idea and we'll be in the Southwest in August. I told my husband and being the packrat that he is, he remembered seeing the brand new in the bag side curtains from a long discarded patio gazebo. The worked perfectly. They had loops on top and a center zipper and tie backs and were the right length. He installed a rod right behind the cab bunk. Bonus was that it's color was taupe and matched our unit so well like it was made for this purpose. Thanks for the tip.
Fantastic!!! If you could take some pictures and share with the rest of the group I am sure they would appreciate that!!!!

Well done!

2012 Jeep Liberty Sport 4X4 (Toad)
FMCA: F463694
DinoC41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 08:17 PM   #2717

State: Texas
THOR #2757
Instant pot recall

Hello everybody,

Received a notification today from one of our local TV stations today announcing a recall of the Instant Pot Gem 65 (8-in-1) Multicooker. If you have this cooker, stop using it ASAP and contact the manufacturer or the place you bought it!!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	INSTAPOT RECALL.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	73.5 KB
ID:	9231  

2012 Jeep Liberty Sport 4X4 (Toad)
FMCA: F463694
DinoC41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 10:47 PM   #2718

Model: 2015 Hurricane 32n
State: Georgia
THOR #2983
Drawers in bathroom

Built this little chest to fit on the narrow ledge behind the toilet. I painted it rather than staining because I was afraid I wouldn’t get a good match with Thor’s finish. 6 inch full extension drawer slide had to be ordered from China.

Useful for shavers, brushes, etc.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	610A448B-1FE9-43F2-B11B-2AA6BF356F38.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	69.3 KB
ID:	9233  
Old 03-03-2018, 02:09 AM   #2719

State: Pennsylvania
THOR #10254
Quote:
Originally Posted by werbrichfamily View Post
Since we upgraded to a class A Thor from a class C Gulfstream, we have been reading these posts and mods many of you have done. While we only got to use it once before the winter, we finally got is back from RV shop to add a few things. While driving it home from Harrisburg after we bought it, I was blown all over the road. Scary and not relaxing drive!
I wanted a rear trac bar to stabilize and service dept recommended a blue ox true center steering stabilizer instead of safe T plus. I think they were trained on blue ox, plus it does have a switch they put on my dash that I can re calibrate when driving for road surface. I also had them do an alignment and found it was off center to right (toe -.54)
While driving back home after the install, the RV was much more stable and steering more true. Glad I got the alignment done too. Next on the wish list may be the tire pressure monitoring system or the Kona shocks.
Did you get the rear trac bar in addition to the front stabilizer?

If so, which trac bar did you go with?

I ask because I am really thinking I will want both of these.
Just deciding on which order I get them.

Thanks.
Old 03-03-2018, 02:14 AM   #2720

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Renegade Valencia 38RB
THOR #3156
I put on an Ultra rear track bar at Brazzels. It made the biggest improvement on my ride and stability
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
FMCA # F464385
halfprice is offline   Reply With Quote