Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Modifications and Updates
Click Here to Login

Old 03-23-2018, 11:48 AM   #2781

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 29M
State: Texas
THOR #2757
Quote:
Originally Posted by pplaug View Post
Just got the MH back with the recliners installed. Looks and feels awesome. Thank you all for all of the advice.
You are most welcome. Glad you are enjoying your new recliner/theater seating!

2012 Jeep Liberty Sport 4X4 (Toad)
FMCA: F463694
DinoC41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 09:07 PM   #2782

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Renegade Valencia 38RB
State: California
THOR #3156
So the slide area around the new recliners were bugging me. I hated seeing the stables that hold the linoleum down. So quick fix today. Bought a strip of velco with self sticking on the back side. Home depot $2. Cut to fit, peel backing off, place on slide floor. The pachage comes with both sides of the velco, fuzzy and rough. I used the fuzzy. Im happy now. Look close at the corner of the floor. You can see the black strip along tge wood

JerryClick image for larger version

Name:	20180324_102706.jpg
Views:	339
Size:	49.1 KB
ID:	9457
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
FMCA # F464385
halfprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018, 02:35 AM   #2783

Model: Hurricane 29M
State: New York
THOR #5875
Picked up our Hurricane and the projects begin.

Picked up our 2018 Hurricane 29M on Wednesday, had a little time to make a few changes today.
Not a very good picture but the first 3 things I did can be seen in one photo...
Samsung 43" 4k smart TV, underneath it is a magnetic chalkboard, and the digital thermostat on the wall to the right.
Tomorrow I'm changing out the bedroom tv with a 32" Samsung smart TV and installing the Progressive Dynamics 50 amp hardwired surge & electrical protector.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20180324_202133[1].jpg
Views:	206
Size:	105.0 KB
ID:	9464  
Old 03-25-2018, 02:49 AM   #2784

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Renegade Valencia 38RB
THOR #3156
Quote:
Originally Posted by upnyfolks View Post
Picked up our 2018 Hurricane 29M on Wednesday, had a little time to make a few changes today.
Not a very good picture but the first 3 things I did can be seen in one photo...
Samsung 43" 4k smart TV, underneath it is a magnetic chalkboard, and the digital thermostat on the wall to the right.
Tomorrow I'm changing out the bedroom tv with a 32" Samsung smart TV and installing the Progressive Dynamics 50 amp hardwired surge & electrical protector.
Nice. Dont smack your head on the corner of the tv while walking down the hallway.

Jerry
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
FMCA # F464385
halfprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018, 03:09 AM   #2785

THOR #5875
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfprice View Post
Nice. Dont smack your head on the corner of the tv while walking down the hallway.

Jerry
The TV looks like it is sticking out more than it actually is, it's not protruding any more than that thermostat is, I figured for $10.00 more i'd get the 43" instead of the 40" and just wear a helmet when walking around.
Old 03-25-2018, 03:38 AM   #2786

Model: Ace 29.3
THOR #6522
Looks good!
Old 03-25-2018, 01:41 PM   #2787

THOR #2757
Quote:
So the slide area around the new recliners were bugging me. I hated seeing the stables that hold the linoleum down. So quick fix today. Bought a strip of velco with self sticking on the back side. Home depot $2. Cut to fit, peel backing off, place on slide floor. The pachage comes with both sides of the velco, fuzzy and rough. I used the fuzzy. Im happy now. Look close at the corner of the floor. You can see the black strip along tge wood

JerryAttachment 9457

Old 03-25-2018, 01:43 PM   #2788

THOR #2757
Quote:
Nice job, now you can change your profile!!! Congrats!!

Old 03-25-2018, 02:50 PM   #2789

THOR #5875
Quote:
Originally Posted by DinoC41 View Post
Nice job, now you can change your profile!!! Congrats!!

Thanks Dino,
I completely forgot about the profile...All set now.
Old 03-25-2018, 03:06 PM   #2790

State: Wisconsin
THOR #10804
I swapped out my DVD player to a WiFi enabled Blu Ray player and watch Netflix on HDMI 3 in the dining area, HDMI 2 in bedroom and I assume HDMI 1 outside.
Old 03-26-2018, 01:09 AM   #2791

THOR #2757
Quote:
Thanks Dino,
I completely forgot about the profile...All set now.

Old 03-26-2018, 01:22 AM   #2792

THOR #5875
Installed the hard wired Progressive Dynamics electrical protector today, the install was very easy and took less than 30 minutes, however I did spend all day just trying to clean up the mess of wires under the bed were the converter is.
Removed more than 12 feet of extra romex wire. Here is a pic before I did anything, I forgot to take a pic after the install but I will post one when I install the hinges on the electrical compartment under the bed.
The other pic is a (purple) wire that was just hanging loose but belonged in a connector to the relay you see in that pic.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	wiring.jpg
Views:	207
Size:	169.5 KB
ID:	9470   Click image for larger version

Name:	wire.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	99.2 KB
ID:	9471  

Old 03-26-2018, 01:56 PM   #2793

Model: Hurricane 35M
State: Georgia
THOR #9751
The topper works great

Quote:
Added a two inch foam topper to the bed. Got it on amazon. Everything is coming together and almost have everything we need inside for a trip

Now i need the dw to get some time off work

We put the same style topper on our bed and it works great.
Old 03-27-2018, 01:40 PM   #2794

State: Indiana
THOR #11100
RecPro Recliners

Hey Guys, I am strongly considering buying the RecPro recliners that I have recently seen posted here (I have a THOR ACE 29.3). I usually like to see merchandise like this first hand before I buy as actual quality has sometimes not been what what I have envisioned. Have you all been satisfied with the quality of these units? You seem to be from your posts but I have noticed in some of the pics posted that the leg-rest part of the chair seems a little thin and "flimsy". Do you have any comments/concerns after seeing and working with these chairs directly? I'm 90% sure I will buy these chairs, just need a little advice before I go that last 10%. Thx so much for the help guys.
Old 03-27-2018, 02:18 PM   #2795

Model: Hurricane 34J
State: Arkansas
THOR #5647
Quote:
Originally Posted by HatrackRV View Post
Hey Guys, I am strongly considering buying the RecPro recliners that I have recently seen posted here (I have a THOR ACE 29.3). I usually like to see merchandise like this first hand before I buy as actual quality has sometimes not been what what I have envisioned. Have you all been satisfied with the quality of these units? You seem to be from your posts but I have noticed in some of the pics posted that the leg-rest part of the chair seems a little thin and "flimsy". Do you have any comments/concerns after seeing and working with these chairs directly? I'm 90% sure I will buy these chairs, just need a little advice before I go that last 10%. Thx so much for the help guys.

I installed and used them in my Axis for about 6 months until I sold it. We were very pleased with them. At the time I was about 240lbs and the chairs did just fine. The leg rest was about like a typical recliner. What I really liked about them is that they were not too soft or too firm. We both napped in them regularly. I think you’ll wish you’d done it sooner. I know I did [emoji57]
Old 03-27-2018, 02:26 PM   #2796

Model: Hurricane 35M
THOR #9751
Thumbs up Our 35M has the "L-shape" jacknife sofa

Quote:
Originally Posted by HatrackRV View Post
Hi Hatrack,
Our Hurricane 35M came with the L-shaped sofa bed, so I don't have any experirence with the recliners in the MH. In my 5th wheel (before the MH) we had side by side recliners and loved them. They were very comfortable, easy to operate and easy to clean.
Old 03-27-2018, 03:00 PM   #2797

Model: SOB 2014 Meridian 36M
State: Washington
THOR #7205
Quote:
Installed the hard wired Progressive Dynamics electrical protector today, the install was very easy and took less than 30 minutes, however I did spend all day just trying to clean up the mess of wires under the bed were the converter is.
Removed more than 12 feet of extra romex wire. Here is a pic before I did anything, I forgot to take a pic after the install but I will post one when I install the hinges on the electrical compartment under the bed.
The other pic is a (purple) wire that was just hanging loose but belonged in a connector to the relay you see in that pic.
The wiring in these things is just atrocious! The under dash area in my WS31 looks like your picture! I will be spending time to "tidy-up" both those areas in the near future.
Old 03-27-2018, 05:01 PM   #2798

Model: 2015 Hurricane 32n
THOR #2983
RecPro recliners
Old 03-27-2018, 05:47 PM   #2799

Model: ACE 30.1
State: Colorado
THOR #5190
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habu77 View Post
We put the same style topper on our bed and it works great.
We had the same thing on the bed in our old travel trailer and moved it to the ACE 30.1 when we made the change. DW decided that it wasn't right (after 3 years of it being just fine) and she bought a topper from SleepOnLatex. She's been happy with that one (we have a similar topper on our king bed in the house). They did custom cutting for both the topper and its cover, and sent us the 6 inch strip that they cut off the standard queen. She has made a couple small pillows from it.

The Costco topper has now been demoted to a sleeping pad for the grandkids in the bedroom reserved for them at home. I've thought about moving it to the overhead bed in the coach, but it might not work out
Roadmaster Falcon All Terrain
RVi Brake 3
DenverTransplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 07:20 PM   #2800

THOR #5875
Just a quick note to anyone needing to cut a memory foam topper to size, an electric carving knife will cut through them like butter.
We purchased a 3" king size topper from Costco and I had to cut 11" off the side, the electric knife made quick work of it.