Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Modifications and Updates
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-14-2018, 05:11 PM   #2841

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Indiana
THOR #11100
well, never mind. I can see that they are 5 volt USB outputs. Ooops!

HatrackRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 07:59 PM   #2842

Model: Windsport 29M
State: Texas
THOR #2757
Quote:
Originally Posted by HatrackRV View Post
well, never mind. I can see that they are 5 volt USB outputs. Ooops!
Roger that...glad you caught that!

2012 Jeep Liberty Sport 4X4 (Toad)
FMCA: F463694
DinoC41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 01:55 PM   #2843

Model: Hurricane 35M
State: Georgia
THOR #9751
Quote:
Originally Posted by upnyfolks View Post
I had a busy day today
  • Completed the CHF for the front and rear
  • Installed rear SUMO Springs
  • Installed a USB charging panel in the bedroom.
Here's a pic of the USB charging panel, it lights blue when the power switch is turned on. The USB port in the lower right are defective, that's why is isn't illuminated, I have a replacement on its way from Amazon.
Attachment 9702

Attachment 9703

Here is a pic of the rear SUMO Installed, it's an easy install but those tires are heavy and I'm going to be feeling that for a few days.
Hi,
Would you be kind enough to tell us the name brand of the USB charger device you installed, please? I like it and have been thinking about installing bedside USB chargers like you did.

Thanks,
Old 04-15-2018, 02:09 PM   #2844
Red

Model: Hurricane 29M
State: Ohio
THOR #10451
Am Back after nearly 5 Mos

Hi everyone.
Finally went and retrieved our 2018 Hurricane 29M from Camping World. After nearly 5 months of "working on it", very little was complete, they caused some damage and now owe me parts. Am not holding my breath for resolution. It's been a torturous experience and feel like they try to punish you for getting simple warranty work done. Am upset with myself that we bought our unit from them, they do not deserve our business.

I have a few questions:

Does anyone hear recommend a Thor Dealer in the Dayton Ohio area?

The small white LED lights near the head lights, has anyone found a good replacement bulb?

Has anyone replaced Stereo speakers or the main head unit? Ours sounds, well not so good and am looking to improve.

Looking forward to more enjoyable times with the rig AKA "TOM"

I've ordered quite a few items for mods and hope to have them installed soon.

Red
2011 BMW M3 Convertible
Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 02:19 PM   #2845

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Renegade Valencia 38RB
State: California
THOR #3156
Red,
What else needs to be fixed????

It looks like you are 2 to 3 hours away from Thor headquarters. If i was you id make an appointment with them and take the mh there for the warranty work

They will fix everything there and you stay in your motor at their campsite at night if it takes them more than a day to fix it

Jerry
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
FMCA # F464385
halfprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 02:36 PM   #2846
Red

THOR #10451
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfprice View Post
Red,
What else needs to be fixed????

It looks like you are 2 to 3 hours away from Thor headquarters. If i was you id make an appointment with them and take the mh there for the warranty work

They will fix everything there and you stay in your motor at their campsite at night if it takes them more than a day to fix it

Jerry

Hi Jerry,

The thought did occur to us. But we would have to burn vacation time to make the trip for simple stuff. I'll fix it myself and make the journey if something comes up beyond my skill set (which is unlikely). I would be nice to find a decent dealer closer with whom we can establish a relationship and cares about customers.

Thanks for getting back with me and maintaining this forum.

Red
2011 BMW M3 Convertible
Old 04-15-2018, 07:28 PM   #2847

THOR #2757
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habu77 View Post
Hi,
Would you be kind enough to tell us the name brand of the USB charger device you installed, please? I like it and have been thinking about installing bedside USB chargers like you did.

Thanks,
Dino here...this is the 12V/USB hub I used on my RV:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Old 04-15-2018, 07:45 PM   #2848

State: Arizona
THOR #9747
Quote:
Originally Posted by DinoC41 View Post

I have a 2018 Windsport 29M and would like to do this mod. Where did you connect these USB hubs in the coach?
Old 04-15-2018, 10:39 PM   #2849

State: New York
THOR #5875
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habu77 View Post
Hi,

Thanks,
This is the unit I purchased from Amazon. It comes with one socket that has two, 2.1 amp usb ports, a switch, a meter, and one 12 volt socket.

I also ordered an additional 2.4 amp socket for charging IPAD's, I just swapped out the 12 volt socket in the above unit and installed the 2.4 amp socket in its place.
Old 04-15-2018, 10:42 PM   #2850

THOR #2757
Quote:
Originally Posted by Az Ernie View Post
I have a 2018 Windsport 29M and would like to do this mod. Where did you connect these USB hubs in the coach?
The overhead cabinet over the headboard has a false bottom that houses the wiring for the speakers and the puck lights. I spliced the hub's wiring with the puck light wires.

Old 04-15-2018, 10:48 PM   #2851

State: Arizona
THOR #9747
Thanks. That's awesome.
Old 04-16-2018, 12:04 AM   #2852

Model: A.C.E 29.3
THOR #1620
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red View Post
Hi everyone.
Finally went and retrieved our 2018 Hurricane 29M from Camping World. After nearly 5 months of "working on it", very little was complete, they caused some damage and now owe me parts. Am not holding my breath for resolution. It's been a torturous experience and feel like they try to punish you for getting simple warranty work done. Am upset with myself that we bought our unit from them, they do not deserve our business.

I have a few questions:

Does anyone hear recommend a Thor Dealer in the Dayton Ohio area?

The small white LED lights near the head lights, has anyone found a good replacement bulb?

Has anyone replaced Stereo speakers or the main head unit? Ours sounds, well not so good and am looking to improve.

Looking forward to more enjoyable times with the rig AKA "TOM"

I've ordered quite a few items for mods and hope to have them installed soon.

Red
Red, Paul Sherry in Piqua right off 75 is a Thor Dealer, Vegas is what they sell but should be able to service any thor.
Out of curiosity what Camping crap dealer did you use?
Camping World Indianapolis, worst dealer EVER experienced
thor293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 03:45 AM   #2853
Red

THOR #10451
Quote:
Originally Posted by thor293 View Post
Red, Paul Sherry in Piqua right off 75 is a Thor Dealer, Vegas is what they sell but should be able to service any thor.
Out of curiosity what Camping crap dealer did you use?

Hi Thor293
I visited Paul Sherry when we were looking. The sales guy turned me off, and have not looked into service. I'll reach out and see. Have you had good service experience?

We bought our unit from Georgetown KY, is a newer location and delivery was problematic. Decided to go to Richmond IN, because we thought the old and long time dealer personnel may have carried over. That didn't work out at all. Have a good friend at work who is going to court with London Ohio location. So is stacking up as a theme in at least the Tri-State area. Wish it were not the case but we just can't make this stuff up.

Thanks for your response, looking forward to hearing back.

Red
2011 BMW M3 Convertible
Old 04-16-2018, 10:14 AM   #2854

THOR #1620
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red View Post
Hi Thor293
I visited Paul Sherry when we were looking. The sales guy turned me off, and have not looked into service. I'll reach out and see. Have you had good service experience?

We bought our unit from Georgetown KY, is a newer location and delivery was problematic. Decided to go to Richmond IN, because we thought the old and long time dealer personnel may have carried over. That didn't work out at all. Have a good friend at work who is going to court with London Ohio location. So is stacking up as a theme in at least the Tri-State area. Wish it were not the case but we just can't make this stuff up.

Thanks for your response, looking forward to hearing back.

Red
I have dealt with Paul Sherry since 2002 off and on, they have had some good sales people and some really pushy ones. We looked there when we were looking to buy an ACE but they only carried the Vegas. We have only used the service a couple of times but they were efficient when we did, Jake was the service manager and I think he may still be there, but like you, unless there is no way I cant do it wont go in for service.

Camping Trash in Indiana was our mistake, there is a LONG line of stuff we had issues with them. They still owe me $500 that they promised but I will never see. Been 3 years now. I surely hope that they get what they have coming to them, they are obviously a horrible company since Marcus took over, there is no way you can get that many complaints about that many camping trash stores without there being a reason.

We originally went to the store Cincinnati store when we were looking, at the time they were someone else but the deal had been made for them to be CW but hadnt changed the name. The sales people didnt give a crap, he took us out to look at a unit and asked if we wanted to go in and sign papers, said no, the walked out of the rv into the store and never looked back, never said thanks or call me nothing.
Old 04-16-2018, 01:12 PM   #2855

State: Indiana
THOR #11100
Just to chime in, I also had a very, very negative experience with Camping World Greenwood Indiana, taking my brand new ACE in for warranty work, Sumo Springs, Safety Plus installation and a few other minor fixes. They really made a mess out of my coach. You should see the photo of the front Sumo's, unbelievably incompetent installation. I remounted them myself. I'm getting everything back to normal, fortunately there's no permanent damage. Thanks to forums like this, I can pretty much get solid, experienced advice on how to handle most fixes myself and where I cannot, I'm gonna truck on up to Elkhart, Indiana and have them fix it. Its only 1 1/2 hrs from me so no biggie. I cant speak for other CW franchises, I'm sure there are some excellent ones out there, but I will never set foot in the central Indiana CW again.
HatrackRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 01:19 PM   #2856

THOR #9751
Quote:
Originally Posted by DinoC41 View Post

Thank you, sir.
I will check it out.
Old 04-16-2018, 01:22 PM   #2857

THOR #9751
Quote:
Just to chime in, I also had a very, very negative experience with Camping World Greenwood Indiana, taking my brand new ACE in for warranty work, Sumo Springs, Safety Plus installation and a few other minor fixes. They really made a mess out of my coach. You should see the photo of the front Sumo's, unbelievably incompetent installation. I remounted them myself. I'm getting everything back to normal, fortunately there's no permanent damage. Thanks to forums like this, I can pretty much get solid, experienced advice on how to handle most fixes myself and where I cannot, I'm gonna truck on up to Elkhart, Indiana and have them fix it. Its only 1 1/2 hrs from me so no biggie. I cant speak for other CW franchises, I'm sure there are some excellent ones out there, but I will never set foot in the central Indiana CW again.
I have been to several Camping World facilities in my travels. My mother taught me "If you can't say something nice about them, don't say anything at all." So, this one is for Mom: "Silence here.............................."
Old 04-16-2018, 01:24 PM   #2858

THOR #1620
Quote:
Yeah, they are pathetic. FYI, if you have a clunking in the front of your coach you cant track down, its the upper shock bolts, they are not torqued properly. I chased that issue for months.
Old 04-16-2018, 01:29 PM   #2859

Model: '17 Hurricane 34F
State: Missouri
THOR #6040
Satellite TV success.....

I installed the Dish Wally in the electronics cabinet over the microwave. Disconnected the camp cable in coax from the switch/antenna amplifier and connected it directly to the Dish Wally unit then connect the Dish Playmaker to the outside cable connection.

HDMI from the Wally to the HDMI distribution box and I can switch between the Blueray player and the Wally signal being sent to the TVs.

Now I get my entire home TV lineup on all 3 TVs. I did not run into any roadblocks, was afraid the coax routing thru the coach would not be clean enough for the system to work. I really like the HDMI routing that Thor put in, makes things easier to work with.
Old 04-16-2018, 05:24 PM   #2860

Model: ACE 30.3
State: Illinois
THOR #8503
Quote:
Originally Posted by wredman View Post
Satellite TV success.....

I installed the Dish Wally in the electronics cabinet over the microwave. Disconnected the camp cable in coax from the switch/antenna amplifier and connected it directly to the Dish Wally unit then connect the Dish Playmaker to the outside cable connection.

HDMI from the Wally to the HDMI distribution box and I can switch between the Blueray player and the Wally signal being sent to the TVs.

Now I get my entire home TV lineup on all 3 TVs. I did not run into any roadblocks, was afraid the coax routing thru the coach would not be clean enough for the system to work. I really like the HDMI routing that Thor put in, makes things easier to work with.
Do you get your local channels on Dish in your RV? If so, how? I read that you have to change your mailing address each time you hook it up in a different location to get your local channels, but have not been able to confirm that.
FMCA #F479085
Good Sam #848205704
wayneroe is offline   Reply With Quote