Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Modifications and Updates
Click Here to Login

Old 04-16-2018, 05:34 PM   #2861

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: '17 Hurricane 34F
State: Missouri
THOR #6040
Quote:
Originally Posted by wayneroe View Post
Do you get your local channels on Dish in your RV? If so, how? I read that you have to change your mailing address each time you hook it up in a different location to get your local channels, but have not been able to confirm that.

No problem but i did not got to another state.

The setup routine asks for your state, I assume to get the antenna looking in the correct region of the sky.

I read that you need to call if you want to get the locals from where you are currently at, as in the "local" locals. I dont know why you need to call if you do not want to change from the locals you are already viewing. If that makes sense. I hope that once I got it set up, locals are not changed if I do not make an effort to change them.

One other consideration, my locals are broadcast from the western arc sats, so this is not an issue for me with the Playmaker (only using the western arc sats)

Old 04-16-2018, 07:01 PM   #2862

Model: 2015 Hurricane 32n
State: Georgia
THOR #2983
Quote:
Originally Posted by wayneroe View Post
Do you get your local channels on Dish in your RV? If so, how? I read that you have to change your mailing address each time you hook it up in a different location to get your local channels, but have not been able to confirm that.
Dish will change your local channels to the zip code you are camping in. However, that will also change the channels your home receivers are authorized for. Because of the way the satellite signals are directed, your dvr at home may not pickup the shows you were hoping to watch when you get home.
Old 04-16-2018, 07:15 PM   #2863

Model: ACE 30.3
State: Illinois
THOR #8503
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Bowe View Post
Dish will change your local channels to the zip code you are camping in. However, that will also change the channels your home receivers are authorized for. Because of the way the satellite signals are directed, your dvr at home may not pickup the shows you were hoping to watch when you get home.

Thanks. I just spoke with Dish and they said the same thing. If I want locals when on the road, I need to update my service address, then I will get the local channels where I am camping. If I don't update the service address, I may or may not get my home local channels while on the road. When I am on-the-road, it doesn't really matter that much to me whether the locals are available at home since I am not there to watch them. The only shows I ever record are the Friday night CBS shows and I can get them off the campground locals as long as I change my service address on Dish. It's kind of a pain, but at least we can watch we want on Friday nights in the RV rather than all the other channels on Dish that I really don't care about.
FMCA #F479085
Good Sam #848205704
wayneroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 08:21 PM   #2864

Model: Windsport 29M
State: Texas
THOR #2757
Quote:
Originally Posted by Az Ernie View Post
Thanks. That's awesome.
You're welcome!

2012 Jeep Liberty Sport 4X4 (Toad)
FMCA: F463694
DinoC41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 08:26 PM   #2865

THOR #2757
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habu77 View Post
Thank you, sir.
I will check it out.

Old 04-16-2018, 09:13 PM   #2866

State: Indiana
THOR #11100
Jack Stands

I have a couple of good 12 ton jack stands I wanna use to safely do some work under my motorhome. In your collective experience, can I lift the front end (or rear) using the onboard leveling jacks, insert the Jack Stands under the frame and then lower the front end the remaining inch or so onto the jack stands? Or am I better off with a proper hydraulic hand lift or something similar to lift the motorhome then inserting the jack stands.
HatrackRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 09:23 PM   #2867

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Renegade Valencia 38RB
State: California
THOR #3156
Dave, Sundance, came over this morning and we did a little upgrade to the livingroom tv.

Added a sound bar and swivel mount.

It was always difficult to hear the tv ehen the a/c was on. Sound bar fixed that.

The tv isnt in the best viewing position so the swivel mount fix that.

Now maria and i will be able to watch tv much more comfortably in the new recliners

JerryClick image for larger version

Name:	20180416_133219.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	36.2 KB
ID:	9761Click image for larger version

Name:	20180416_133143.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	39.3 KB
ID:	9762Click image for larger version

Name:	20180416_133132.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	44.8 KB
ID:	9763Click image for larger version

Name:	20180416_133111.jpg
Views:	180
Size:	38.5 KB
ID:	9764
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
FMCA # F464385
halfprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 10:15 PM   #2868

Model: '17 Hurricane 34F
State: Missouri
THOR #6040
what did you find in the wall that made you confident in the fasteners not pulling out?
Old 04-16-2018, 10:56 PM   #2869

Model: Hurricane 29M
State: New York
THOR #5875
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfprice View Post
Dave, Sundance, came over this morning and we did a little upgrade to the livingroom tv.

It was always difficult to hear the tv ehen the a/c was on. Sound bar fixed that.

Now maria and i will be able to watch tv much more comfortably in the new recliners

JerryAttachment 9761Attachment 9762Attachment 9763Attachment 9764
Does the swivel mount lock in place somehow so that the TV isn't swinging around while on the road?
Old 04-16-2018, 11:10 PM   #2870

THOR #2757
Quote:

JerryAttachment 9761Attachment 9762Attachment 9763Attachment 9764

Outstanding job my friend...well done!!!!

Old 04-16-2018, 11:21 PM   #2871

THOR #3156
Quote:
Originally Posted by wredman View Post
what did you find in the wall that made you confident in the fasteners not pulling out?
I attached the swivel mount to the factory installed wall mount for the original tv. Its on there pretty good.

Jeery
FMCA # F464385
Old 04-16-2018, 11:22 PM   #2872

THOR #3156
Quote:
Originally Posted by upnyfolks View Post
Does the swivel mount lock in place somehow so that the TV isn't swinging around while on the road?
Yes its a locking mount

Locking RV TV Mount with Easy Chain Release, 2311L Full Motion Perfect for RVs Campers Trucks Articulating Arm Tilts Swivels Fits Screens with a VESA 75X75 100x100 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B072N8PSNR..._Pat1Ab1CSS4ZZ
FMCA # F464385
Old 04-16-2018, 11:53 PM   #2873

Model: Ace 29.3
THOR #6522
Quote:
Originally Posted by upnyfolks View Post
That particular model does have a lock to keep it pinned in the traveling position. In the one pick you can see a chain hanging down it locks and releases the tv mount.
Old 04-17-2018, 12:02 AM   #2874

THOR #5875
Quote:
Yes its a losking mount

Locking RV TV Mount with Easy Chain Release, 2311L Full Motion Perfect for RVs Campers Trucks Articulating Arm Tilts Swivels Fits Screens with a VESA 75X75 100x100 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B072N8PSNR..._Pat1Ab1CSS4ZZ
Thanks
Old 04-17-2018, 12:43 AM   #2875

THOR #3156
I guess a little more detail is needed about the tv mount.

I removed the factory mound from the back of the tv and the mating mount that is screwed into the angled wall mounted bracket. The wall mounted bracket is attached to the wall with 6 screws. The new mount is attached to the wall mount. This mount only uses 2 bolts or screws. I used bolts thinking they are stronger then self tapping screws. WHen mounting I found the center of the wall mount, drilled two 1/4 holes, and used 1/4 bolts and nuts with blue loctite.

After install I found I wasnt able to close and lock the tv. It hit the cabinet. SO bring out the drill again. THe next set of holes was drilled about 3/4" from the center holes. This worked great. It closes and locks fine without hitting the cabinet or the wall. Going over the 3/4" might cause the tv to hit the wall by the hallway area.

THis mount moves 180* Lf/rt and up and down a few degrees. It also pulls out 14" from the wall. THe lock only holds the mount to keep it from pulling away the 14" from the wall.

It does not stop the Lf/rt up/down movement. I dont think this will be any problem. There are a couple of tightening bolts that are already very tight that I can try to tighten more if it needs it but I dont think it will be a problem

Guess I should have taken a few more pics of each step but it was a very basic install.

With my 39" tv two people are a must only due to the size of the tv making it hard to reach around and install the the bolts attaching the tv bracket to the swivel bracket. THe stock 32" might be a single person job. BUt its more fun with a helper.

Jerry
FMCA # F464385
Old 04-17-2018, 12:45 AM   #2876

THOR #3156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich&Cathy View Post
That particular model does have a lock to keep it pinned in the traveling position. In the one pick you can see a chain hanging down it locks and releases the tv mount.
Thanks Rich for seeing the chain. THe chain is only needed to release the tv. When closing the pin drops down into the grove locking it
FMCA # F464385
Old 04-17-2018, 01:56 AM   #2877

THOR #6522
Yep something like that. I had one in my toy hauler.
Old 04-17-2018, 02:00 AM   #2878

THOR #6522
Quote:
I guess a little more detail is needed about the tv mount.

I removed the factory mound from the back of the tv and the mating mount that is screwed into the angled wall mounted bracket. The wall mounted bracket is attached to the wall with 6 screws. The new mount is attached to the wall mount. This mount only uses 2 bolts or screws. I used bolts thinking they are stronger then self tapping screws. WHen mounting I found the center of the wall mount, drilled two 1/4 holes, and used 1/4 bolts and nuts with blue loctite.

After install I found I wasnt able to close and lock the tv. It hit the cabinet. SO bring out the drill again. THe next set of holes was drilled about 3/4" from the center holes. This worked great. It closes and locks fine without hitting the cabinet or the wall. Going over the 3/4" might cause the tv to hit the wall by the hallway area.

THis mount moves 180* Lf/rt and up and down a few degrees. It also pulls out 14" from the wall. THe lock only holds the mount to keep it from pulling away the 14" from the wall.

It does not stop the Lf/rt up/down movement. I dont think this will be any problem. There are a couple of tightening bolts that are already very tight that I can try to tighten more if it needs it but I dont think it will be a problem

Guess I should have taken a few more pics of each step but it was a very basic install.

With my 39" tv two people are a must only due to the size of the tv making it hard to reach around and install the the bolts attaching the tv bracket to the swivel bracket. THe stock 32" might be a single person job. BUt its more fun with a helper.

Jerry
Great job and description. [emoji106][emoji870]
Old 04-17-2018, 12:16 PM   #2879

Model: Hurricane 35M
State: Georgia
THOR #9751
Quote:
Originally Posted by thor293 View Post
Yeah, they are pathetic. FYI, if you have a clunking in the front of your coach you cant track down, its the upper shock bolts, they are not torqued properly. I chased that issue for months.
Do you happen to remember the torque value? I am hearing that clunking noise in my Hurricane 35M.
Old 04-18-2018, 11:03 PM   #2880

THOR #5875
Replaced the WFCO converter today with a Progressive Dynamics PD9270 https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
This is a 70 AMP converter with the remote pendant that allows you to manually switch between storage, normal charge, and boost mode if needed.
The WFCO converter never charges my batteries at greater than 13.3 volts, when I turned on the new converter it went right into boost mode at 14.1 volts,which tells me that the WFCO wasn't charging the batteries properly.