Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Modifications and Updates
Click Here to Login

Old 05-29-2018, 10:45 PM   #3001

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Renegade Valencia 38RB
State: California
THOR #3156
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobrasp58 View Post
Hi, when I plugged my MH into my house the breaker kept tripping, I have a 50 amp coach but I brought it down with the 110 adapter. I didn't have anything on, so I was wondering why this was happening? Any advise would be helpful.
Tks
Tony
Sorry cant really help but something has to be running to trip the breaker. If any way possible I would run a 30 or 50 amp plug to the rv and connect to it. I bought and installed a 30 amp rv receptacle from Lowes. Works great.

Jerry

2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
FMCA # F464385
halfprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 10:54 PM   #3002
Site Team

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobrasp58 View Post
Hi, when I plugged my MH into my house the breaker kept tripping, I have a 50 amp coach but I brought it down with the 110 adapter. I didn't have anything on, so I was wondering why this was happening? Any advise would be helpful.
Tks
Tony
Plug your adapter into the house by itself and see if it trips. You may have a bad adapter.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 12:20 PM   #3003

Model: 2018 Windsport 29M
State: Alabama
THOR #9405
I tried just plugging in the adapter and I do have a step down to 30amp then to 110, so your most likely correct, something has to be running.
Old 05-30-2018, 12:57 PM   #3004
gmc

Model: Hurricane 32A
THOR #2829
Quote:
Originally Posted by Makerofsawdust View Post
... If I connect the two white inputs (12 gauge and 10 gauge) together, wouldn't that put them in parallel? Providing a larger overall crosssectional return path? Assuming that the commons are connected inside the power pillar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beau388 View Post
... There is a distinct plausibility the GFCI on the 20 amp plug will trip needlessly because it compares the hot leg with common current and trips if there is a difference. A power surge, as when an A/C cycles, could cause this difference in the common wire at the GFCI.
CAMCO makes an adapter that does just this (joining neutrals and ground) - with the warning that it won't work on a GFCI outlet... The 20A pedestal outlet in a CG should ALWAYS be GFCI protected, which makes this adapter (or equivalent setup) relatively useless...
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Camco-50...5025/205518970
The GFCI would see imbalances and trip pretty quickly I'd expect.
2014 Hurricane 32A
2000 Infinity (previous)
gmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 02:26 PM   #3005

Model: 2017 Windsport 34J
State: Alabama
THOR #5645
Quote:
Originally Posted by wayneroe View Post
One issue I did have - I purchased a set of magnetic lights to put on the rear roof of the car. After our 5,000 mile trip to California and back, I noticed paint scuffing on the roof of the car from the wires rubbing against it. I bit the bullet, spent a few dollars more, and got a set of identical lights that are wireless and they work very well.
The wires to the magnetic lights really scuffed up the finish on my Escape. In researching solutions I decided to go with the TowMate TM22G light bar. A little pricey but it works great. I actually mounted inside the car on the cargo cover.
WarEagleDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 05:24 PM   #3006

Model: Hurricane 29M
THOR #4312
Has anyone added a tv antenna crank with a signal meter to their 29M ?Hard to find a lot of channels sometimes
Thanks in advance
Lance

Be a blessing to someone
Classictint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 05:37 PM   #3007

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Renegade Valencia 38RB
THOR #3156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Classictint View Post
Has anyone added a tv antenna crank with a signal meter to their 29M ?Hard to find a lot of channels sometimes
Thanks in advance
Lance
Lance,
I use an app on my phone to find the best signal. DTV Antenna

Jerry
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
FMCA # F464385
halfprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 05:39 PM   #3008

THOR #4312
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfprice View Post
Lance,

Jerry

Thanks Jerry
I’ll look into that. I don’t thing King sells just the base with the signal meter

Be a blessing to someone
Old 05-31-2018, 01:43 PM   #3009

Model: ACE 30.1
State: Colorado
THOR #5190
Quote:
W One issue I did have - I purchased a set of magnetic lights to put on the rear roof of the car. After our 5,000 mile trip to California and back, I noticed paint scuffing on the roof of the car from the wires rubbing against it. I bit the bullet, spent a few dollars more, and got a set of identical lights that are wireless and they work very well.
When we were towing the Mini we had an issue with the lights themselves scuffing the paint. We didn't have a problem with the wires. The lights were about 3 inches from the back hatch and went directly inside the car and were routed outside to the dolly at the lower front of the passenger door.

I ended up getting a sheet of thin rubber (1/32") and cut out a couple of circular pads that I stuck on the magnets. The sheet was thin enough that it didn't compromise the force holding the lights on, but prevented scratching the roof. The rubber sheet is good for lots of other places where you need just a bit of isolation or grip.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Roadmaster Falcon All Terrain
RVi Brake 3
DenverTransplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 02:45 PM   #3010

Model: ACE 30.3
State: Illinois
THOR #8503
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfprice View Post
Lance,

Jerry
There is also a website, TV Fool, that does the same thing.
FMCA #F479085
Good Sam #848205704
wayneroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 02:54 PM   #3011

THOR #8503
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverTransplant View Post
When we were towing the Mini we had an issue with the lights themselves scuffing the paint. We didn't have a problem with the wires. The lights were about 3 inches from the back hatch and went directly inside the car and were routed outside to the dolly at the lower front of the passenger door.

I ended up getting a sheet of thin rubber (1/32") and cut out a couple of circular pads that I stuck on the magnets. The sheet was thin enough that it didn't compromise the force holding the lights on, but prevented scratching the roof. The rubber sheet is good for lots of other places where you need just a bit of isolation or grip.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Denver, those are good ideas. Unfortunately, with the total length of my TOAD and the tow dolly, the only way the wires would reach was to run them directly above the roof. I originally tried to lift the tailgate hatch on the toad, run the wire through the cabin, out the window, around the post, then under the hood and through the grill, but the wires were not long enough to reach that far. So, I ran them straight over the roof and the wind whipping them back and forth scuffed the paint on the roof. The lights themselves were no problem, they had a black rubber pad on them. I finally ordered the wireless lights and they have worked great - two trips now since I got them.
FMCA #F479085
Good Sam #848205704
Old 05-31-2018, 03:12 PM   #3012
Kev

Model: Windsport
THOR #3918
Quote:
Denver, those are good ideas. Unfortunately, with the total length of my TOAD and the tow dolly, the only way the wires would reach was to run them directly above the roof. I originally tried to lift the tailgate hatch on the toad, run the wire through the cabin, out the window, around the post, then under the hood and through the grill, but the wires were not long enough to reach that far. So, I ran them straight over the roof and the wind whipping them back and forth scuffed the paint on the roof. The lights themselves were no problem, they had a black rubber pad on them. I finally ordered the wireless lights and they have worked great - two trips now since I got them.
Can you tell me where you got the wireless lights?

Thanks
Old 05-31-2018, 04:05 PM   #3013

THOR #8503
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev View Post
Can you tell me where you got the wireless lights?

Thanks
I got them from Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/Blazer-C6304-...ights+magnetic

The only wire on your car is the one that runs between the two lights. The transmitter is magnetic and attaches to any metallic surface (my MH has a steel bumper and it sticks very well to it) and plugs into your RV wiring receptacle just like the wires did from the wired version. The lights themselves are identical to the wired ones I had before. Also, the magnets in the magnets in the lights are strong enough that you could place something between the lights and the roof of your toad to protect the paint where they attach. The lights are battery powered, so I make sure to keep a ready supply of fresh batteries with me. There is a switch on the bottom of the left side light to turn them on and off so you don't waste battery life when not in use. For me, they were well worth the added cost (paint jobs are not cheap). Hope this helps.
FMCA #F479085
Good Sam #848205704
Old 06-02-2018, 08:28 PM   #3014

Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
THOR #5196
Click image for larger version

Name:	E9E18F97-D0BE-4E62-B3FD-D2E59B2001A3.jpg
Views:	204
Size:	132.1 KB
ID:	10543

Click image for larger version

Name:	422CA816-261F-4EE1-8E08-32E3FB5B1A23.jpg
Views:	229
Size:	173.6 KB
ID:	10544

Myra got me a golf cart for my birthday and I don’t play golf!!! My wife is AWSOME!!! The lake area we live in allows carts with lights and signals, super fun for quick trip to town (5 min away) or just puttin’ around in the evening. With 6” lift kit and 23” tires I clear the garage door by 1”, I measured 4 times to be sure it would fit. I got gas this time because I was tired of charging batteries, plus we have a lot of hills and the electric carts die quickly on them. Woo Hoo!!!
Old 06-02-2018, 09:52 PM   #3015

Model: Four Winds 22B
THOR #5326

Four Winds 22B
Sunseeker 2800QSF GTS (Loss to hurricane Ian)
Windsport 27K
dcbenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 12:37 AM   #3016

Model: Windsport 29M
State: Texas
THOR #2757
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperD View Post
Attachment 10543

Attachment 10544

Myra got me a golf cart for my birthday and I don’t play golf!!! My wife is AWSOME!!! The lake area we live in allows carts with lights and signals, super fun for quick trip to town (5 min away) or just puttin’ around in the evening. With 6” lift kit and 23” tires I clear the garage door by 1”, I measured 4 times to be sure it would fit. I got gas this time because I was tired of charging batteries, plus we have a lot of hills and the electric carts die quickly on them. Woo Hoo!!!
Sweet little ride!!!

2012 Jeep Liberty Sport 4X4 (Toad)
FMCA: F463694
DinoC41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 02:27 AM   #3017
Kev

Model: Windsport
THOR #3918
Wow good luck. That is one nice looking golf cart. You have to be the envy of the neighborhood.
Old 06-04-2018, 08:19 PM   #3018

THOR #4312
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperD View Post
Attachment 10543

Attachment 10544

That thing is awesome !!

Be a blessing to someone
Old 06-07-2018, 12:22 AM   #3019

Model: Windsport 29M
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #10254
I did my first long trip (2 weeks & just over 1,000 miles) and the CHF & Rear Trac bar were awesome.

I ran interstates as much as I could & got passed by many big rigs & the trac bar really made a world of difference. It was 1 hand driving most of the way.

The CHF made getting into and out of gas stations a breeze, even with my tow.

I still have more side-to-side sway than I like on some of the small back roads.
So, I need to research that a little more, but all-in-all, it was a pretty pleasant ride.

Thanks for all the helpful posts and sharing on this forum.
Old 06-07-2018, 01:43 AM   #3020

State: Missouri
THOR #4446
Entry Door Shock & Bracket

So went on a trip to Iowa and encountered 20 mph wind. It caught my entry door and popped the bracket clear off. I tried to find it but no luck.
We have a 2017 29M Hurricane. Would some post a pic of what it is suppose to look like ? The shock seems to be ok but it would be helpful to see a picture of the whole thing. Thanks so much.
This thread has been so helpful. We did the air condition vent and it came perfect.