Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Modifications and Updates
Click Here to Login

Old 09-07-2018, 05:43 AM   #3481

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Renegade Valencia 38RB
State: California
THOR #3156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanford View Post
Thanks, but doubtful we can make the 4th. Traveling with another couple and have a long trip from NC. Maybe we can link up while there.
Ill pm you my cell. Call when you get there. Maybe we can do a group breakfast, lunch or dinner on Saturday or Sunday. DIno and I both leave on Monday. Long drive for me to Tombstone.

Sanford which lot are you camping at???

If Im not mistaken I believe Dino and I are in the South lot

Jerry

2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
FMCA # F464385
halfprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 05:51 AM   #3482

THOR #3156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Classictint View Post
That Trimlok looks great Jerry !! Fantastic idea ! We need to tint your windows [emoji41]
Yes "we" do Lance. We'll have to discuss this in detail soon.

Jerry
FMCA # F464385
Old 09-07-2018, 10:58 AM   #3483

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 29M
State: Texas
THOR #2757
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfprice View Post
Ill pm you my cell. Call when you get there. Maybe we can do a group breakfast, lunch or dinner on Saturday or Sunday. DIno and I both leave on Monday. Long drive for me to Tombstone.

Sanford which lot are you camping at???

If Im not mistaken I believe Dino and I are in the South lot

Jerry

That is correct Jerry...we will be in the south RV parking lot!

2012 Jeep Liberty Sport 4X4 (Toad)
FMCA: F463694
DinoC41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 11:43 AM   #3484

Model: Windsport 27K
State: Kentucky
THOR #2817
halfprice,
I am interested in the Trimlock because we not only have streaking on some of the windows, but also have black streaks, particularly along the side without the slide out awning. Do you also have streaking on the side of the RV and if so, why didn't you attach the Trimlock along the upper edge near the roof?
Old 09-07-2018, 03:06 PM   #3485

THOR #3156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metalman View Post
halfprice,
I am interested in the Trimlock because we not only have streaking on some of the windows, but also have black streaks, particularly along the side without the slide out awning. Do you also have streaking on the side of the RV and if so, why didn't you attach the Trimlock along the upper edge near the roof?
Doing the windows is kind if an experiment for me. If I like it and it holds up over time I might do the roof.

The ac condensation is a pain. But now that I self level instead of auto level I can control the run off better

But yes I might use it on the door at some point

Jerry
FMCA # F464385
Old 09-07-2018, 03:07 PM   #3486

THOR #3156
last line should have read roof not door
FMCA # F464385
Old 09-07-2018, 09:09 PM   #3487

THOR #3156
Finished installing the windshield trimlok. Also put some buytl tape on the sides where the front cap is at
I made a small channel for the water. Hopefully it will drain into the trimlok

I'm not completely positive the butyl tape will work. Time will tell and it needs to harden up

JerryClick image for larger version

Name:	20180907_140101.jpeg
Views:	141
Size:	39.0 KB
ID:	12681Click image for larger version

Name:	20180907_134144.jpeg
Views:	139
Size:	27.6 KB
ID:	12682Click image for larger version

Name:	20180907_134223.jpeg
Views:	132
Size:	21.9 KB
ID:	12683
FMCA # F464385
Old 09-07-2018, 09:28 PM   #3488

Model: Hurricane 29M
THOR #4312
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfprice View Post
Yes "we" do Lance. We'll have to discuss this in detail soon.

Jerry

I’m going to tint Bruce’s Ace soon we’ll do yours as well
Lance

Be a blessing to someone
Classictint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2018, 12:17 AM   #3489

Model: 2018 Hurricane 29M
THOR #11507
Quote:
Originally Posted by Classictint View Post
I’m going to tint Bruce’s Ace soon we’ll do yours as well
Lance
Lance, Jerry - I'm in North Tustin, I'd like to get in line on the window tinting as well. As of now all my windows are Thor issue.
Old 09-08-2018, 05:56 AM   #3490

THOR #3156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhouse View Post
Lance, Jerry - I'm in North Tustin, I'd like to get in line on the window tinting as well. As of now all my windows are Thor issue.
Warhouse
I just checked your profile and see youre a fisherman. Me too. Doing an 8 day on the rooster in November. Charkbait charter

What boat do you ride???

Jerry
FMCA # F464385
Old 09-08-2018, 11:33 PM   #3491

THOR #11507
Wow! 8 days on the Rooster. Your neck must be feeling great. Probably heading for Cedro Island would be my guess. I haven't been on a charter since I retired in 2012. Use to do that a lot entertaining exec's from the grocery industry, great times.
I have a Great-White 23' Center Console I keep in Dana Point harbor (on trailer) and launch out of DP. Typically fish the Islands and high spots down to the Mexican boarder depending on season and what's fishing. I love patty fishing. Never go into Mexican waters any longer.
Roger
Old 09-08-2018, 11:42 PM   #3492

THOR #11507
I believe I recall reading some where in the 175 pages of this thread regarding converting the forward air vent in a 29M to a 12V powered fan assembly such as a Maxx or Fantastic Fan. I pulled the inside shroud, found solid metal housing with no electrical of any kind visible. Please if anyone has tackled or researched this mod? If so info or install details would be apricated.
Thanks!
Old 09-09-2018, 02:01 AM   #3493

THOR #4312
Quote:

Yes sir. I check the forum often

Be a blessing to someone
Classictint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 02:32 AM   #3494

Model: Windsport 27K
State: Kentucky
THOR #2817
Quote:
I believe I recall reading some where in the 175 pages of this thread regarding converting the forward air vent in a 29M to a 12V powered fan assembly such as a Maxx or Fantastic Fan. I pulled the inside shroud, found solid metal housing with no electrical of any kind visible. Please if anyone has tackled or researched this mod? If so info or install details would be apricated.
Thanks!
I replaced the rear vent to a Fantastic Fan. There was no power in the vent hole, but there is a ceiling light nearby operated by a wall switch. I took tied into the light circuit. If we want to run the fan without the light, it's simple to reach up and turn off the light.
Old 09-09-2018, 02:38 AM   #3495

THOR #3156
Quote:
Thanks!
Dino had camping world install a fan up front. They wired it to one of the nearby lights. SO to get the fan to work the lights had to be on DIno didnt like that so he rewired. Cant remember how he did it. Im sure he will see the post and fill you in.

Jerry
FMCA # F464385
Old 09-09-2018, 02:45 AM   #3496

THOR #3156
Quote:
Wow! 8 days on the Rooster. Your neck must be feeling great. Probably heading for Cedro Island would be my guess. I haven't been on a charter since I retired in 2012. Use to do that a lot entertaining exec's from the grocery industry, great times.
I have a Great-White 23' Center Console I keep in Dana Point harbor (on trailer) and launch out of DP. Typically fish the Islands and high spots down to the Mexican boarder depending on season and what's fishing. I love patty fishing. Never go into Mexican waters any longer.
Roger
Yes you have been out of the long range scene for a while. Cedros has been closed for a couple years now. New rules only boats smaller than 30' allowed. THere are now two charters on the island. Fly directly to the island from TJ, fish two days, then fly home. THey filet and freeze your catch daily. Cedros Sportfishing is the better of the two and is great.

THe lupe is now open after being closed for many years. Hopefully we will fish there then go to the Rocks and/or the ridge. In November the big tuna should be at the Lupe and the great white sharks hopefully will be gone

THe Rocks will hopefully be holding Wahoo, YT, and maybe some tuna.

We should get out on your boat some time.

Jerry
FMCA # F464385
Old 09-09-2018, 04:28 AM   #3497

State: Minnesota
THOR #7948
Quote:
Thanks!
I have recently installed a remote control MaxxFan in the forward air vent in our Hurricane 29M. The power for the ceiling lights runs through a square conduit along the forward side of the metal housing you described. The conduit is located just above the ceiling with a piece of metal filling in above it. I drilled a 1/2” hole in the conduit and fished the power wires through it to the command center. The command center is located in the cabinet above the door and that is where I picked up the 12 volt power I needed. It was a challenge to run the wires and install the fan but we love the fan and it was well worth it.

As a side note while working in the command center I discovered that the power for our gray and black tank heaters had never been plugged into the switches. What a surprise!

Tom
Old 09-09-2018, 10:42 AM   #3498

THOR #2757
Quote:
Thanks!
Warhouse, I tackled this mod and here was my solution. Instead of wiring the MAXXAIR VENT Fan/Vent Model 4500K W/Remote to a puck light like CW did (Idiots!!!!), I direct wired the vent fan to a 12 volt source in the 29M's command center, in my case, the Winegard RZ-8500 White Rayzar Automatic Amplified HD TV Antenna's 12V DC wall plate interface/power supply. I installed the Winegard antenna right after we bought the 29M. I concealed the exposed wires on the ceiling with the Legrand Wiremold CMK10 Cordmate Cord Cover Kit, White. I hope that answers your question!

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	VENTFAN (1).jpg
Views:	121
Size:	70.8 KB
ID:	12705   Click image for larger version

Name:	VENTFAN (3).jpg
Views:	120
Size:	62.1 KB
ID:	12706  

Click image for larger version

Name:	VENTFAN (4).jpg
Views:	123
Size:	69.4 KB
ID:	12707   Click image for larger version

Name:	VENTFAN (5) 12V DC wall plate interface-power supply.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	51.8 KB
ID:	12708  

Old 09-09-2018, 12:39 PM   #3499

Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
Quote:
Originally Posted by DinoC41 View Post
Warhouse, I tackled this mod and here was my solution. Instead of wiring the MAXXAIR VENT Fan/Vent Model 4500K W/Remote to a puck light like CW did (Idiots!!!!), I direct wired the vent fan to a 12 volt source in the 29M's command center, in my case, the Winegard RZ-8500 White Rayzar Automatic Amplified HD TV Antenna's 12V DC wall plate interface/power supply. I installed the Winegard antenna right after we bought the 29M. I concealed the exposed wires on the ceiling with the Legrand Wiremold CMK10 Cordmate Cord Cover Kit, White. I hope that answers your question!

What’s wrong with wiring to a ceiling light? That’s how I added a fan to one of my vents and it works great with the wires entirely contained within the ceiling. I thought about using surface wiring (wiremold) but I like the look better with hidden wires. It was a simple and effective mod!
Old 09-09-2018, 03:51 PM   #3500

THOR #2757
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete'sMH View Post
What’s wrong with wiring to a ceiling light? That’s how I added a fan to one of my vents and it works great with the wires entirely contained within the ceiling. I thought about using surface wiring (wiremold) but I like the look better with hidden wires. It was a simple and effective mod!
In order to operate the fan you have to turn on the overhead lights if you wire said vent fan to the overhead puck lights. What if you want to have the fan on without the lights? Can't do it with that install!!!!! My installation enables you to operate the vent fan whether the lights are on or not!!