Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Modifications and Updates
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-29-2019, 02:11 PM   #3881

Model: 3719 Newmar
State: Arkansas
THOR #14120
I have been struggling with this for the first day i got this RV (November 2018). The only way I can get the really bad black streaks out is with wax. I also use 303 and that does well and gives me protection from the sun. The windows got so bad I had to use 0000 steal wool. That took most of the marks out. What a pain in the @$$.

Old 01-29-2019, 02:16 PM   #3882

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Palazzo 36.1
State: North Carolina
THOR #13712
That might be drilled after install to match up with the striker plate - don't really know it was just a thought as to why the hinge pin seems to be installed wrong.

Enjoy the journey, one day at a time!
Chuck and Mary Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 02:40 PM   #3883

THOR #14120
Chuck, l think they put the pin in upside down. It’s just a Thor thing.
Old 01-29-2019, 03:01 PM   #3884

Model: Palazzo 36.1
State: North Carolina
THOR #13712
Thanks, every quirk seems to be a "Thor thing"!

Enjoy the journey, one day at a time!
Chuck and Mary Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 05:47 PM   #3885

Model: Windsport 29M
State: Arizona
THOR #9747
Mine is llike yours. Too small to add the vent.
Old 01-29-2019, 05:49 PM   #3886

State: Arizona
THOR #9747
Quote:
Originally Posted by jannnda View Post
Hi Jerry. Hate to bug you but I think my A/C cover is different than yours. Here are some pics
Attachment 15410Attachment 15411
Mine is too small like yours. Couldnt add the vent either.
Old 01-29-2019, 07:14 PM   #3887

THOR #14120
A/C Vent

I was looking at Amazon last night and I think they have a smaller one that would fit. Going to go back and look. Will get part number and post it.
Old 01-29-2019, 07:23 PM   #3888

THOR #14120
So I am in Lowe’s today still not happy with the gutter thing. I walk by some weather stripping. Thought I had a great idea. Very close but the channel on the MH is to big. If I could figure out how to temporarily glue it in place it would work.
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1940.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	177.5 KB
ID:	15430Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1942.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	336.1 KB
ID:	15431Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1944.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	268.7 KB
ID:	15432
Old 01-30-2019, 03:12 AM   #3889

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Renegade Valencia 38RB
State: California
THOR #3156
We always leave sasha our 6 lb yorkie in the mh when we go out to places where she's not allowed in

Been trying to come up with a reasonably priced system to keep an eye on her and some security for the mh

We recently got unlimited data with verizon. So using marias cell as a hotspot i connected 2 wyze cameras. Wasnt sure if the hotspot would work. The cameras need wifi and need 110 power. It doesnt have a battery

Well they do work but lose connection at times and the liveview is a little delayed

Plan is to have one in the mh facing from the dash to the bedroom. The other one id like to plug into the outside outlet with an extension cord and have it face the front door. The camera will notify you of any motion so i dont want it facing the road or campground. Dont need an alert everytime someone walks or drives by the mh. Only if they walk to the door

Only tried it in the house so far. Will be interesting to see if it works at a campground. Hopefully our verizon signal is always 5 bars

HDMI Switch,GANA 3 Port 4K HDMI... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07G2YR23M...p_mob_ap_share

My sister has these cameras at her house. They work well for $25. The app is free and they store the video for 14 days for free

Jerry
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
FMCA # F464385
halfprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 03:18 AM   #3890

THOR #14120
That’s a great plan. Please let me know if it works. My wife and I have been trying to come up with a solution for our dogs.
Old 01-30-2019, 03:25 AM   #3891
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfprice View Post
We always leave sasha our 6 lb yorkie in the mh when we go out to places where she's not allowed in

Been trying to come up with a reasonably priced system to keep an eye on her and some security for the mh

We recently got unlimited data with verizon. So using marias cell as a hotspot i connected 2 wyze cameras. Wasnt sure if the hotspot would work. The cameras need wifi and need 110 power. It doesnt have a battery

Well they do work but lose connection at times and the liveview is a little delayed

Plan is to have one in the mh facing from the dash to the bedroom. The other one id like to plug into the outside outlet with an extension cord and have it face the front door. The camera will notify you of any motion so i dont want it facing the road or campground. Dont need an alert everytime someone walks or drives by the mh. Only if they walk to the door

Only tried it in the house so far. Will be interesting to see if it works at a campground. Hopefully our verizon signal is always 5 bars

HDMI Switch,GANA 3 Port 4K HDMI... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07G2YR23M...p_mob_ap_share

My sister has these cameras at her house. They work well for $25. The app is free and they store the video for 14 days for free

Jerry
That camera is powered by a USB cable: You don't need 120VAC, you can use any USB plug.

Like this one (Amazon). Now you'll only need to power the WiFi router from 12V (check the brick, if yours has one, you can probably adapt that to work off 12V as well).
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 03:28 AM   #3892

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Renegade Valencia 38RB
THOR #3156
i know it works but it all depends on the hotspot connection. I hooked them up to my house wifi and for $25 they are a great camera. My sister bought the cameras that pan and zoom $35 for her house

They are not outdoor cameras but ill use the one outside for just a few hours at a time. It should be find for that
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
FMCA # F464385
halfprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 11:12 AM   #3893

State: Texas
THOR #2757
Quote:
Originally Posted by jannnda View Post
I am never going to catch up to you and Dino.
Hang in there Jannnda! Do what you can do...it takes a little time but remember, this is not a dash!!!

2012 Jeep Liberty Sport 4X4 (Toad)
FMCA: F463694
DinoC41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 11:20 AM   #3894

State: Texas
THOR #2757
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfprice View Post

Jerry

I too am curious to see how this system works...we have 2 furbabies and checking on them when out and about will keep us at ease!

2012 Jeep Liberty Sport 4X4 (Toad)
FMCA: F463694
DinoC41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 12:52 PM   #3895

Model: A.C.E 29.3
State: Ohio
THOR #1620
I have a couple UoKoo camera's I use off my hot spot for keeping an eye on the fur daughter when gone if we have to leave her. I also put in view of the camera a large diameter faced thermometer so I can keep check on the temp. I have had very little trouble using the hotspot for this.
Camping World Indianapolis, worst dealer EVER experienced
thor293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 03:18 PM   #3896

Model: 29M
State: Florida
THOR #6760
[QUOTE=DinoC41;165002]I too am curious to see how this system works...we have 2 furbabies and checking on them when out and about will keep us at ease!
I am interested too.
Anyone replace their house batteries? We are going on a 5 month trip soon and are going to replace 2017 original batteries with Interstate group 27 DC batteries and would like some feed back good or bad.
thanks.
Old 01-30-2019, 03:54 PM   #3897

Model: '17-Vegas 24.1
THOR #13362
[QUOTE=mannclan;165021]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DinoC41 View Post
I too am curious to see how this system works...we have 2 furbabies and checking on them when out and about will keep us at ease!
I am interested too.
Anyone replace their house batteries? We are going on a 5 month trip soon and are going to replace 2017 original batteries with Interstate group 27 DC batteries and would like some feed back good or bad.
thanks.
My rig is 2017
I changed out the original, stock batteries recently, only 1-1/2 yrs from build date
Purchased 2 new 12 volt Interstate deep cycle batteries at Costco, great price
Keep the receipt
Free replacements for 36 months (at Costco or SAMs Club)
EZ return, no questions asked

Others on the Forum have converted to 6 volt and/or AGM type

One last comment...make sure that you are always checking your battery water levels
Low water level is the #1 reason for cell failure
Old 01-30-2019, 04:28 PM   #3898

Model: ACE 30.1
State: Colorado
THOR #5190
[QUOTE=mannclan;165021]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DinoC41 View Post
I
thanks.
I changed out the EOM Harris batteries with a pair of Interstate 6V batteries. I got them direct from an Interstate store. The ones I got have a 225 amp-hour rating. The ones you can get at Costco aren't the same battery and have a much lower rating - 180 amp-hours if I recall. The OEM batteries were not retaining a charge. With a little searching on this forum you will find a number of posts citing how bad the Harris' are and how they don't honor warranties (they blame the failure on the WFCO converters).

The Interstates have worked very well for us in the two years we've had them. I have 200W of solar on the roof and a Bogart SC-2030 charger that keeps them charged. Especially useful when the coach is in winter storage. I check water monthly and have only had to top them off a couple of times. I do get a white lead sulphate powder collecting on the battery strap buckle. Not sure why as the SC-2030 is a smart charger and the batteries don't appear to be overcharged or boiling off. Something I keep an eye on.

You may want to consider changing your converter at the same time you upgrade batteries. The OEM WFCO converter isn't a very good one and has a reputation for overcharging batteries - which why Harris blames them for battery failure. I installed a Progressive Dynamics converter that is a slide in replacement for the OEM WFCO.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I am ponding replacing the Interstates with AGM batteries as the AGM allow a deeper discharge than the wet batteries. I'm installing a 1500 W inverter and will see how much more I draw on the batteries this season and make a decision for 2020.
Roadmaster Falcon All Terrain
RVi Brake 3
DenverTransplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 05:03 PM   #3899

Model: 34J
State: South Carolina
THOR #13131
I am a Hurricane owner and have similar updates as you. I did the reflective bubble wrap from Lowes 2 years ago. I use it on the front windshield. I agree the curtains are of low quality. The backing fell off of mine after 2 years of sun. I keep my curtains closed to keep out the sun as well as the bubble wrap. I had a friend make new ones with sun blocking curtain material.

I also have added a removable shower curtain rod to put up as you start down the hall. I camp a lot with my son and his family. This gives my daughter in law more room for privacy when she takes a shower. We put it up after setup is finished.
Old 01-30-2019, 10:07 PM   #3900

State: Georgia
THOR #11774
I just went down this road last week. Installed two Wyze cameras. Both are in the dash area - one faces out the front windshield and the other into the coach.

I have sound and motion alerts turned on for the interior camera. Both are plugged into 12v under the workstation tray.

Currently I have the interior camera looking at a 4-zone thermometer so I can see the temp (inside, outside and both water bays).

So far so good.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1641.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	83.0 KB
ID:	15447