Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Modifications and Updates
Click Here to Login

Old 04-03-2019, 05:51 PM   #4121

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfprice View Post
Do you have a part number for the bushing with metal top.

Im sure ill need it tge next time the boot breaks
I searched for the shipping envelope but have not found it, yet.

Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 06:24 PM   #4122

Model: Hurricane 29M
State: California
THOR #11237
How to use fire TV stick

I plugged the Fire TV stick into the input where the DVD input was (don't use it anyway). Now the Fire TV Stick is sent to all TVs in the Motorhome. Sorry one pix is sidways. can't seem to change it.
Have a Hurricane 29M

Old 04-03-2019, 06:46 PM   #4123

Model: 2018 Newmar Canyon Star
THOR #6863
Quote:
Originally Posted by N6TZU View Post
Hey, I added an Amazon Fire TV Stick and you can get all the Smart TV benefits without having to change the TVs...cost $37.99 on Amazon. If you use it in the distribution device instead of the back of the tv, it will go to all tvs in the RV...remote is RF not IR so it works outside also. Also has voice, so no typing to search for programs. Works with the campground WIFI
Great idea, just plugging it into where the dvd player goes. I suppose someone could also add an HDMI A/B switch if they didn't want to unplug the dvd player....and welcome to Jerry's forum!

Cheers!

Kent
ReadyBrute Elite towing & braking
PapaMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 06:47 PM   #4124

Model: 3719 Newmar
State: Arkansas
THOR #14120
Quote:
Originally Posted by N6TZU View Post
I plugged the Fire TV stick into the input where the DVD input was (don't use it anyway). Now the Fire TV Stick is sent to all TVs in the Motorhome. Sorry one pix is sidways. can't seem to change it.

Have a Hurricane 29M

We don’t use the DVD either. I will take a look and see if I can move the fire stick from the main TV to the DVD. Thanks for the info!!
Old 04-04-2019, 12:54 AM   #4125

Model: Hurricane 29M
THOR #11237
Video wiring

So I looked again and there are actually two inputs! I just need another AC outlet...adding a multi outlet adapter so I can plug in everything at once. There is a button on the box which will give me the ability to switch from Fire TV to DVD. Looks like everything will work now!
Old 04-04-2019, 04:15 AM   #4126

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Renegade Valencia 38RB
THOR #3156
Got the grease boot replaced by Ford and the mh is back at home. THey chagred the warranty $550.

As some of you know I did the chf and used plates to extend the links. I removed the plates to use as a templet for a friend who needed the plates for his mh.

After removing the plates I did the oil change and lube discovering the damaged boot.
Driving to the the ford dealership I took side streets. mh drove fine at the slower speeds. Today I took the freeway a few miles to bypass the afternoon street traffic. Once I got up to speed 55-60mph the mh was all over the road. My first thought was what did the tech do wrong or what did he forget to hook up. I then remembered the chf was back to stock. What a difference.

Ill be putting the plates back tomorrow. If I can get Maria to lay on the ground I might record the install for those who dont know how to do it

My bet is Maria will say NO WAY!!! but Ill ask.

Jerry
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
FMCA # F464385
halfprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 11:25 AM   #4127

Model: Windsport 29M
THOR #2757
Quote:
Got the grease boot replaced by Ford and the mh is back at home. THey chagred the warranty $550.

As some of you know I did the chf and used plates to extend the links. I removed the plates to use as a templet for a friend who needed the plates for his mh.

After removing the plates I did the oil change and lube discovering the damaged boot.
Driving to the the ford dealership I took side streets. mh drove fine at the slower speeds. Today I took the freeway a few miles to bypass the afternoon street traffic. Once I got up to speed 55-60mph the mh was all over the road. My first thought was what did the tech do wrong or what did he forget to hook up. I then remembered the chf was back to stock. What a difference.

Ill be putting the plates back tomorrow. If I can get Maria to lay on the ground I might record the install for those who dont know how to do it

Jerry

LOL...Yup...upside your head for sure!!

2012 Jeep Liberty Sport 4X4 (Toad)
FMCA: F463694
DinoC41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 01:10 PM   #4128

THOR #14120
Quote:

Jerry

Not sure my wife would do it either. But you can always ask.
Old 04-07-2019, 03:45 AM   #4129

State: Alaska
THOR #13206
Just got my new 35m home on Friday and the first thing I did is remove the DVD player from the HDMI box and put a fire stick in one input and and a play station into the other. With the TV set to HDMI 2 you can toggle between either device by pressing the button on the junction box.
Old 04-07-2019, 03:51 AM   #4130

THOR #13206
Got the new rig home on Friday and working on getting everything up and running. The fire place install needs some trim work but it is a nice touch.

I tried to fill the fresh water tank and water immediately started flowing from the overflow. The tank is empty so I am at a loss. Anyone else have this problem?
Old 04-07-2019, 10:45 AM   #4131

Model: A. C. E. 30.1
State: Indiana
THOR #1488
Had the water fill thing happen to me also. Tried turning the flow down figured a small stream would work better, wrong. Friend said to try using full pressure on the hose and it works fine. Have been doing it this way ever since and have had no problems. Jim.
Old 04-07-2019, 03:03 PM   #4132

State: Ontario
THOR #2111
Quote:
Originally Posted by jannnda View Post
On my wild ride from Galveston through Houston and back to Magnolia a rock hit the windshield. I know these pics are not the best. My question is, can this be fixed or is this a replace? Attachment 16342Attachment 16343If it is a replace can I wait to have it done?

DW works for a company in Canada that replaces and or fix’s auto glass.
The rule is if the damage is larger than a $2 coin or a twonie (Canadian coins) 1.5 inch diameter then it’s a replacement also must be minimum 2inchs away from any edge if any of these apply the it’s a replacement.

Now if there are any spider cracks then it’s 50/50 on replacement or fix again the 1.5inch rule applies.

Now saying all that when a repair is done the damage may spread...... replacement must be done.

Don’t do this your self there are kits to do a repair yourself ,Don’t do it!

The method they use forces resin into the area and brings back 99% of the strength but not with the do it yourself methods.
Some of the repairs are covered 100% by your insurance but not all. Replacement is usually a deductible charge but that all depends on your insurance coverage and company.

Looking at your pictures this is unfortunately a replacement.

But please get a reputable company to look at it and do the work.
You don’t want leaks or your windshield popping out as this will weaken the integral strength of your vehicle.

Not trying to get a sale here but you should hear the horror stories. Ahhhhh[emoji15][emoji15][emoji15]
Old 04-08-2019, 01:00 AM   #4133

THOR #13206
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04fxsts View Post
Had the water fill thing happen to me also. Tried turning the flow down figured a small stream would work better, wrong. Friend said to try using full pressure on the hose and it works fine. Have been doing it this way ever since and have had no problems. Jim.

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried it and no luck. The kitchen sink doesn’t work either. I’m thinking I’ve got some issues.
Old 04-08-2019, 01:36 AM   #4134

Model: Hurricane 31D
State: Virginia
THOR #5638
After 13 years of service the kitchen counter needed a break. Formica is actually pretty easy to do. Used the original as a template to cut out the new base out of MDF. Two coats of thinned epoxy to waterproof then some doublers for the edge and mounting points. Next up is recovering the booth dinette cushions and window treatments.

Before/ after pics and some of the in between https://photos.app.goo.gl/4E9uQwB9esWGL1oZ9
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01531.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	115.3 KB
ID:	16544   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190407_124918.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	139.1 KB
ID:	16545  

Old 04-08-2019, 02:29 PM   #4135

Model: Forest River Forester 235
THOR #6826
Quote:
Originally Posted by sling523 View Post
Thanks for the suggestion. I tried it and no luck. The kitchen sink doesn’t work either. I’m thinking I’ve got some issues.

Don’t have your coach - is it a gravity fill or through the city connection on a valve? If the latter are you certain it coming out the overflow or could it just be that the tank drain valve is still open?
Old 04-08-2019, 02:31 PM   #4136

Model: Forest River Forester 235
THOR #6826
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetbriar View Post
After 13 years of service the kitchen counter needed a break. Formica is actually pretty easy to do. Used the original as a template to cut out the new base out of MDF. Two coats of thinned epoxy to waterproof then some doublers for the edge and mounting points. Next up is recovering the booth dinette cushions and window treatments.

Before/ after pics and some of the in between https://photos.app.goo.gl/4E9uQwB9esWGL1oZ9

That looks great!
Old 04-08-2019, 02:35 PM   #4137

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Newmar London Aire
State: North Carolina
THOR #14340
Quote:
After 13 years of service the kitchen counter needed a break.
That is outstanding! I have a 2004 Windsport 35d and I'm doing a lot of rehab as well.

I see you've been a member since 2016 but are just now posting. So welcome to the (been a member but just now posting) forum! I look forward to more of your rehabbing.
2016 Jeep Rubicon Hard Rock edition
Squerly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 01:23 PM   #4138

Model: Hurricane 35M
State: Georgia
THOR #9751
Quote:
Originally Posted by sling523 View Post
Just got my new 35m home on Friday and the first thing I did is remove the DVD player from the HDMI box and put a fire stick in one input and and a play station into the other. With the TV set to HDMI 2 you can toggle between either device by pressing the button on the junction box.
Enjoy the 35M! We surely love ours.
Old 04-10-2019, 11:30 AM   #4139

Model: Windsport 29M
THOR #2757
Quote:

Nice job!! Keep those pictures coming!!!

2012 Jeep Liberty Sport 4X4 (Toad)
FMCA: F463694
DinoC41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 11:35 AM   #4140

THOR #14120
Wow!! That looks great. I wish I had your skill set. My kitchen sink is leaking and I can’t seem to fix that.