Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Modifications and Updates
Click Here to Login

Old 07-10-2020, 04:35 AM   #4821

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 29M
State: Nevada
THOR #11264
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfprice View Post
Another project done this morning. I added an additional seelevel monitor in the sewer bay. This way I can see how full the black tank gets when cleaning it with the saniflush

Much easier to install than the original monitor inside the mh

The power wires to the 2 sensors are right at the tanks and I got power ground from the cargo bay light to the right of the black tank

I mounted the monitor on a 2 gang plastic electrical box. Used my jigsaw to cut out the hole on a blank cover. Used double sided tape and a couple drops of silicone to stick it to the front of the black tank

Used a lot of gorilla tape to hold the wires up to the black tank
JerryAttachment 23671Attachment 23672

Sure beats guessing Jerry. I’m just now getting my first and you show be a reason for two!

Old 07-10-2020, 06:50 AM   #4822

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Renegade Valencia 38RB
State: California
THOR #3156
Quote:
Originally Posted by BattleBorn1 View Post
Sure beats guessing Jerry. I’m just now getting my first and you show be a reason for two!
It was always a pain to go back inside just to watch the blank tank reading while the flush system was doing its thing. Now I can bring a chair to the sewer cargo bay and sit by while it cleans

Jerry
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
FMCA # F464385
halfprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2020, 11:49 AM   #4823

Model: 3719 Newmar
State: Arkansas
THOR #14120
Quote:
Jeff
After putting the new motor in open the door so the arm moves forward. Just after it starts forward pull the electrical plug off the motor to stop it

Then just move the step in to line it up with the arm. The pin will go right in

Jerry

Thanks Jerry. You told me that when we talked on the phone. I just wanted to see if Dino had a different way.
What would happen if when I opened the door and hit the “store” switch? Wouldn’t that do the same thing?
Jeff
Old 07-10-2020, 07:43 PM   #4824
gmc

Model: Hurricane 32A
State: Florida
THOR #2829
Quote:
Originally Posted by jannnda View Post
Thanks Jerry. You told me that when we talked on the phone. I just wanted to see if Dino had a different way.
What would happen if when I opened the door and hit the “store” switch? Wouldn’t that do the same thing?
Jeff

On my Hurricane, the steps are powered by the chassis battery, so Store switch has no effect.
I assume that is for safety. To insure steps deploy anytime the door is opened... and retract when ignition is on (unless door is open).
2014 Hurricane 32A
2000 Infinity (previous)
gmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2020, 08:21 PM   #4825

THOR #3156
Quote:
Jeff
What Greg said. Powered by chassis battery
FMCA # F464385
Old 07-10-2020, 08:57 PM   #4826

Model: Hurricane 32a
State: Washington
THOR #18907
Did the CHF. Great video made it really easy to understand. About an hour fix and handles way better. No more sway from passing traffic.
I am almost done reading this thread also. Thanks for all the advice
Rod
Old 07-10-2020, 08:59 PM   #4827

THOR #14120
Quote:

Sorry I should have thought of that.
Got all the parts today so tomorrow I will try and install them.
Old 07-11-2020, 09:28 PM   #4828

State: Texas
THOR #2757
Quote:
Jeff
Check the comments made by Jerry and Greg! Good luck!!

2012 Jeep Liberty Sport 4X4 (Toad)
FMCA: F463694
DinoC41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2020, 04:25 PM   #4829

THOR #14120
Quote:

Just finished fixing my stairs. A few points that may help others who may need to do this in the future.
Taking off the controller and motor is very easy. If you get lucky the gear box will be easy to. I did not get lucky. The last nut wouldn’t come off. That left me with no other choice but to take the stairs off. Thor could have made this much easier but....
After fighting to get the last nut off I was ready to put it back together.
I found two scissor jacks to help me lift the stairs to the mounting screws.
Note, don’t put the motor and gear box on before you get the stairs back on. We raised the stairs to the mounting screws and secured the inside two screws first. Lowered the jacks and stairs and secured the outside screws.
Then I installed the gear box. Before I tighten the nuts I put the pin back in the stairs. This is much easier than waiting until everything is installed.
When installing the motor you need to match up the gears then turn the motor until the holes line up.

This may not sound like a big deal to most on this forum, but for me it was the first time I have ever done anything like this. Don’t ask how long it took me.... I got into a MH because I wanted to learn and have something to do in retirement. This was a huge step in building confidence that I can do some of the repairs myself.

Jeff
Old 07-12-2020, 09:53 PM   #4830

THOR #3156
Quote:
Just finished fixing my stairs. A few points that may help others who may need to do this in the future.
Taking off the controller and motor is very easy. If you get lucky the gear box will be easy to. I did not get lucky. The last nut wouldn’t come off. That left me with no other choice but to take the stairs off. Thor could have made this much easier but....
Note, don’t put the motor and gear box on before you get the stairs back on. We raised the stairs to the mounting screws and secured the inside two screws first. Lowered the jacks and stairs and secured the outside screws.
Then I installed the gear box. Before I tighten the nuts I put the pin back in the stairs. This is much easier than waiting until everything is installed.
When installing the motor you need to match up the gears then turn the motor until the holes line up.

This may not sound like a big deal to most on this forum, but for me it was the first time I have ever done anything like this. Don’t ask how long it took me.... I got into a MH because I wanted to learn and have something to do in retirement. This was a huge step in building confidence that I can do some of the repairs myself.

Jeff
Good job
FMCA # F464385
Old 07-12-2020, 11:45 PM   #4831

Model: Palazzo 36.1
State: North Carolina
THOR #13712
good tips, where did you order the parts from? and how much? I have a $200.00 deductible on my service plan so if the price was less I might do it myself rather than have the unit tied up for a month like always!

Enjoy the journey, one day at a time!
Chuck and Mary Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2020, 11:49 PM   #4832

THOR #14120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck and Mary Ann View Post
good tips, where did you order the parts from? and how much? I have a $200.00 deductible on my service plan so if the price was less I might do it myself rather than have the unit tied up for a month like always!

Look on this thread and you will see an Amazon order from Dino with part numbers and $$. That’s what I used.
Old 07-14-2020, 04:38 PM   #4833

Model: hurricane 34J
THOR #19488
hey guys, i got a new pioneer double din head unit to replace my non working axxera avm70, have you guys gone over this?

im only on page 51 of this thread...
Old 07-16-2020, 04:56 AM   #4834

THOR #11264
Quote:
Originally Posted by t0lbert View Post
hey guys, i got a new pioneer double din head unit to replace my non working axxera avm70, have you guys gone over this?

im only on page 51 of this thread...

The Axxera wonders are pretty much covered on other threads for most of the chatter. Most of us here have upgraded to something we like. I’m like yourself and upgraded to a Pioneer I’m really happy with. It was actually the very 1st mod I did. I didn’t buy the rig I wanted only to hate anything about it. Shortly after that was the factory Seiki tv’s. Much happier now
Old 07-16-2020, 05:00 AM   #4835

THOR #19488
Quote:
The Axxera wonders are pretty much covered on other threads for most of the chatter. Most of us here have upgraded to something we like. I’m like yourself and upgraded to a Pioneer I’m really happy with. It was actually the very 1st mod I did. I didn’t buy the rig I wanted only to hate anything about it. Shortly after that was the factory Seiki tv’s. Much happier now

ill be doing the tv's soon too.

i cant get the damn pioneer to power on...gotta find where the power and ground connect, something has to be loose.
Old 07-16-2020, 05:14 AM   #4836

THOR #11264
Quote:
Originally Posted by t0lbert View Post
ill be doing the tv's soon too.

i cant get the damn pioneer to power on...gotta find where the power and ground connect, something has to be loose.

Do you have a GFI in the bathroom? Don’t ask me to explain how but that was my fix. I even checked the fuse in the back of the Pioneer. It was almost by accident I found it.
Old 07-16-2020, 05:28 AM   #4837

THOR #19488
Quote:
Do you have a GFI in the bathroom? Don’t ask me to explain how but that was my fix. I even checked the fuse in the back of the Pioneer. It was almost by accident I found it.

the 10 fuse in the back of the pioneer looks intact. i will check the gfi in the bathroom tmw. thanks!
Old 07-16-2020, 05:16 PM   #4838

Model: Hurricane 35M
State: Georgia
THOR #9751
Water leak...still

Hi all:
Well, I can't get my Hurricane to stop leaking.

I re-caulked the passenger window (I left the drain/weep holes open) and that worked over on that side.
I tried the same on the driver's side window...no joy. I removed the window, and replaced the seal, re-installed and re-caulked. The window is no longer leaking down by the location of the leveling system controller, but I am still getting water in the floor. It seems like it is coming from under the fuse box in the corner (leaking from cab clearance lights???) I also got on the roof and put fresh dicor all along the joint for the front cap and roof. Does anyone have any ideas on this? I know that water is a big topic all over the place, but I want to hear from Hurricane owners about our specific brand of misery.

Also, my driver's front leveling jack leaks like it is Niagara Falls. I ordered a new jack and will replace it next week.

Help on the water issue?
Old 07-16-2020, 06:47 PM   #4839

THOR #2757
Quote:

Jeff
Nice job my friend!!!!

Old 07-16-2020, 06:51 PM   #4840

THOR #2757
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck and Mary Ann View Post
Hope this helps!!

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2020-06-19 11_26_11-Window.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	36.5 KB
ID:	24956