Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Modifications and Updates
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-15-2017, 01:38 PM   #261

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 29M
State: Texas
THOR #2757
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperD View Post
[ATTACH]Attachment 3716

Attachment 3717[/ATTACH]Photos of my bug screens for furnace and hot water heater. Got the idea to do this from another member. I hated the screens attached on the outside of the vents with springs, I've lost a couple over the years.
I can see your pics now...must be my server screwing up again!

2012 Jeep Liberty Sport 4X4 (Toad)
FMCA: F463694
DinoC41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 02:45 PM   #262

Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
THOR #5196
No catalog that I know of but if you ask for the parts department they will look up for you and give you the part numbers.
Old 01-15-2017, 03:31 PM   #263

THOR #2757
Quote:
No catalog that I know of but if you ask for the parts department they will look up for you and give you the part numbers.

Old 01-15-2017, 04:25 PM   #264

Model: Hurricane 29D
State: Florida
THOR #5756
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfprice View Post
Got the couch cover today. Now waiting for the new. Also a pic of the cutting board on top of the stove

blinds

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Interesting to see that the stove cover board has not changed at all over the last decade or so! Mine looks identically to yours, and it works really great. Even bad road surfaces do not knock it out of it's position
Old 01-15-2017, 04:39 PM   #265

THOR #5756
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmc View Post
Also bought the 3 small screens for the fridge vents... These attach with tie wraps. Didn't see a better way to do it.
I have them for a few years now. Just be aware that the tie wraps will deteriorate and break over time. I had to replace three of them a short while ago.
Old 01-15-2017, 04:40 PM   #266

THOR #5756
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jegdrum5050 View Post
SuperD how did you mount the cup holder shelf?
I have the same question, and also, where did you get this and what did it cost?
Old 01-15-2017, 04:43 PM   #267

THOR #5756
Quote:
The assembly consists of five parts, the support/mount is metal. The mount comes with I think 5 or so screw holes. Since there was no metal behind the mounting location I drilled a few extra holes and use #10 x 1 stainless sheet metal screws along with some construction adhesive for the wall attachment. The wall is thin plywood but after mounting it seems more than secure. The outer plastic cover slides over the mount, I used clear silicone to glue it and the tray in place. The cup holder uses three screws to fasten it on with a trim ring that snaps on. Wife loves it!
Again, where did you get this? Do you have a link for it?

Just should have read on, and I would have seen it!

How much money did they want for it? I am contemplating about building something, but if the Thor price is right......
Old 01-15-2017, 05:57 PM   #268

THOR #5196
I got the parts for free, guess the lady felt sorry for my wife not having a convenient cup holder! I wouldn't count on being able to do that, I think it depends on getting the right person on the right day.

I did call last week about a front grill replacement. I had heard of people having a whistle at about 50 mph, ours did that but after careful adjustments to the hood it stopped. I think what Thor sends is a screen type material, not sure, but hoping it will provide better rock and bug protection. Lady said she would ship to me for free, I'm anxious to see what I receive. Thor can be pretty nice if you say please!
Old 01-15-2017, 06:03 PM   #269

THOR #5196
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudsoner View Post
I have them for a few years now. Just be aware that the tie wraps will deteriorate and break over time. I had to replace three of them a short while ago.
The white zip ties that come with the fridge vent screens are pretty flimsy, I used better quality, thicker ties to mount the screens. The better ties should last a long time.
Old 01-15-2017, 06:50 PM   #270

THOR #5756
Quote:
I got the parts for free, guess the lady felt sorry for my wife not having a convenient cup holder! I wouldn't count on being able to do that, I think it depends on getting the right person on the right day.

I did call last week about a front grill replacement. I had heard of people having a whistle at about 50 mph, ours did that but after careful adjustments to the hood it stopped. I think what Thor sends is a screen type material, not sure, but hoping it will provide better rock and bug protection. Lady said she would ship to me for free, I'm anxious to see what I receive. Thor can be pretty nice if you say please!
Thanks, I will send the an email, can you provide me with the part number, or shall I just use a picture of your installation?

I don't know hat kind of front grill the newer units have. I have a factory install aluminum grill. It has square holes of about 1/4" and the material is also about 1/4" thick. I basically is a grate that is bolted to the inside over the openings. I do not have any whistling noise, but the holes are big enough to allow any insect to make its way to the radiator. Only the really big ones, like dragon flies, are caught by this grille. But it also allows unrestricted airflow to the radiator.
The picture shows kind of how this grill looks like.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Raduiator grill, Hurricane.jpg
Views:	380
Size:	43.8 KB
ID:	3719  
Old 01-15-2017, 07:43 PM   #271

THOR #2757
Quote:

SuperD: Can you still swivel the passenger seat with the new cup holder in place?

Old 01-15-2017, 09:00 PM   #272

THOR #2757
Quote:
The white zip ties that come with the fridge vent screens are pretty flimsy, I used better quality, thicker ties to mount the screens. The better ties should last a long time.
I did the same
Old 01-15-2017, 09:55 PM   #273

THOR #5196
Quote:
Originally Posted by DinoC41 View Post
SuperD: Can you still swivel the passenger seat with the new cup holder in place?
To be honest I don't know, haven't tried to turn it. The cup holder doesn't stick out that far and is mounted as far forward as it will go.
Old 01-15-2017, 11:50 PM   #274

THOR #5196
Ok, trying to play catchup to Dino and Jerry, ordered my couch cover today. I agree that it will make a good addition and protect the sofa, anxious to get it. Dino, thank you for including the link! On the dinette I bought 2 cans of Scotch Guard and sprayed the fabric part of the cushions. Caution: be careful and do not get on the pleather, it will stain and change color.
Old 01-16-2017, 12:45 AM   #275

THOR #5196

Name:	IMG_1787.jpg
Views:	396
Size:	104.0 KB
ID:	3721

This is a pic of the carbon water filter I added to the cold water side of kitchen sink. My wife is picky about her coffee and with this filter she's getting good clean water. Filter is an inline hose filter with garden hose to 1/2 inch npt fittings.
Old 01-16-2017, 12:48 AM   #276

THOR #5196

Name:	IMG_1789.jpg
Views:	323
Size:	86.2 KB
ID:	3722

Here are the led replacement bulbs I added to the bathroom, MUCH brighter than the original bulbs, adds a lot of light to the bathroom area.
Old 01-16-2017, 01:13 AM   #277

Model: Four Winds 22B
THOR #5326
Super D just did the same big difference in light, a lot cooler, and a lot less amps when i switched out my dinnette and bedroom light did the same as they came with incandescent bulbs

Four Winds 22B
Sunseeker 2800QSF GTS (Loss to hurricane Ian)
Windsport 27K
dcbenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 01:32 AM   #278

THOR #2757
Quote:
Ok, trying to play catchup to Dino and Jerry, ordered my couch cover today. I agree that it will make a good addition and protect the sofa, anxious to get it. Dino, thank you for including the link! On the dinette I bought 2 cans of Scotch Guard and sprayed the fabric part of the cushions. Caution: be careful and do not get on the pleather, it will stain and change color.

Old 01-16-2017, 01:51 AM   #279

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Renegade Valencia 38RB
State: California
THOR #3156
Beautiful day today so i decided to get to work.

Installed the booster for my tpms. I mounted it under the mh directly behind the license plate. Removed plate and drilled two mounting holes. Bolted on the booster and put the license plate back on. Ran the wires and zip tied along the way. I tied into the power and ground wiring for the light in the rear drivers side storage compartment.

Fairly easy job but my back and neck have a hard time when i crawl under the mh. I have several herniated disk in my lower back and neck so i take my time. After doing jobs like this i hurt the rest of the night but feel fine in the morning

Rear track bar to come soon

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
FMCA # F464385
halfprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 02:07 AM   #280
gmc

Model: Hurricane 32A
THOR #2829
Quote:
Attachment 3722

Here are the led replacement bulbs I added to the bathroom, MUCH brighter than the original bulbs, adds a lot of light to the bathroom area.
I did the same - but didn't want the exposed LED's in the open fixtures - so went with these bulbs instead.
Definitely brighter than what was there - and much cooler.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CWR860A
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	LED Bulb.jpg
Views:	219
Size:	8.3 KB
ID:	3723  
2014 Hurricane 32A
2000 Infinity (previous)
gmc is offline   Reply With Quote